Any Photographers out there??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Share your talent. Try to use links, so we wont use up Interferences server space if you can.

Here are a few of mine.

My most recent ones are in the Album entitles Moss Beach.

My Gallery

:ohmy: Wow.... I was going to upload some of my better ones to share, but after looking through a few of your albums, there's no way I'd put my crap snapshots up next to your stuff!! :no:

:up: :up: :up: Your work is gorgeous! :drool: I wish I had time to take classes - I believe I have a good eye, I just need to learn how to develop it (no pun intended :giggle: ).

I took a begining B&W photography class. It was fun, but the instructors were awful. I have been been shooting as a hobby for a while now. I love it and it relaxes me.

Oh and the moss beach ones, there is also another Moss beach shot. of a path going up hill with the branches hanging down. Well thats where they filmed the begining of Memoirs of a Geisha. I have know about that place years before they started shooting there. I also got picture of the day for that one shot. Kodak Displayed it in Times Square.

I would love to see your photos.

:reject: I can't do it this evening, but tomorrow night when I'm home, maybe I'll upload a few. I'm warning you, though - don't look for anything special! :lol:

And the other Moss Beach shot... is that the color photo with the slightly winding path & the little bit of fog? Gorgeous! :yes:

I just play around w/ it and I have a lousy 3.1 camera

a few random pics

3459%3A7%3B38%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323345998648ot1lsi

3459%3A7%3B38%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323345998647ot1lsi

3459%3A7%3B46%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2324234%3A%3B5888ot1lsi

3459%3A7%3B46%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2324234%3A%3B5859ot1lsi

3459%3A7%3B54%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3C8966376ot1lsi

3459%3A7%3B64%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323686%3A34368ot1lsi

Great pictures!! Justin I thought some of your pics looked familiar.. I live not far from you in Redwood City :wink:

Cool, Mrs.Springsteen those are wonderful pictures,especially the Black and Whites.

Beautiful pics, great capture of light. I especially like the dunes.

Hey Sicy I grew up in Sunnyvale.....mom's still there! Then I lived in Fremont till the divorce and moved to San Diego in '97. :wave:

ZD, you should put some of your photos on Jones Soda's website. You'll definitely get a few on their bottles. I tried, and one of my pictures almost made it, but no.

This was the picture. It's not too great.

8ca4d5d6.jpg

Here's another one of my favorites that I've taken. Once again, I'm very much an amatuer photographer. :wink: It's my resolution to do more photography this year.

Picture007.jpg

Band geek pride for life, man...

P9160041.jpg

I wish I was better at photography. :(

Souly, I adore those winter pics. The icy, snowy, cold has never looked so incredibly beautiful. :up:

Is that beach in your photo in Maine? I think I was there last summer, if it was. Had an interesting name... but it escapes me.

I wouldn't consider myself a photographer, but I like pictures and beautiful things quite a lot -------- ( :evil: )

Perhaps I'll get around to posting some stuff, but I should try to get some sleep at the moment

i buoght a cheap old-school slr 35mm camera off ebay just before i went to ghana and I'm soooo glad i did - the photos i took with my digital camera are terrible in comparison.

that said, i still have no idea how to properly work the thing and i'm no good at it most of the time but i did get these in Ghana - they're the ones i'm most proud of!

09_09.jpg

03_23.jpg

Nice Yosemite pictures Diemen. Did you use a hood lens to block the extra light for that one waterfall shot. Where the water looks blurred

I agree the ones from Ghana are amazing. I love Digital but Film can do wonders too. Just look at that. I have taken Begining B&W photography, and I might go back to try the other classes. I have been photographing as a hobby for about 6 years now. I tried and learned how to use the speed, exposure, etc..
It was a pain at first but It's good to learn new things.

Last edited:
Justin24 said:
I agree the ones from Ghana are amazing. I love Digital but Film can do wonders too. Just look at that. I have taken Begining B&W photography, and I might go back to try the other classes. I have been photographing as a hobby for about 6 years now. I tried and learned how to use the speed, exposure, etc..
It was a pain at first but It's good to learn new things.

I agree. I'd take the digicam over film any day b/c it's so handy and versatile, but I'm amazed by how well film does without any tweaking of settings. I'm working with my mom to compile a digital archive of our family genealogy, including ALL of my grandpa's materials from WWII. He had this camera that got so beat up along the way, developed all of his pictures himself, and some of the pictures he took have such amazing clarity given the equipment and circumstances. His pictures of the liberation of Nordhausen, the 2000 bodies stacked in rows...they are so haunting even in the low quality of black and white...I can't imagine seeing them in color with today's technology :(

A few of my favorites from Tanzania. The quality sucks b/c I compressed them for web viewing.

Mt. Kilimanjaro snowcap, which you can only see from far away (when you're on the mountain, it's hidden in the clouds)
IMG_1600.JPG

Cute orphan at the Lutheran social services program in Lushoto.
IMG_1638.JPG

A Masaai child
IMG_1758.JPG

A water bird at Lake Manyara park
IMG_1863.JPG

Lion territory at Lake Manyara park
IMG_1881.JPG

Impala herd at Lake Manyara park
IMG_1890.JPG

This reminds me of the movie The Lion King
IMG_1896.JPG

Dusty road at Lake Manyara park
IMG_1906.JPG

Young zebra at Ngorongoro Crater
IMG_2017.JPG

Giraffe on the rim of the Crater
IMG_2122.JPG

Giraffe, gazelle, and a Masaai herd on the Serengeti
IMG_2132.JPG

Cheetah on the Serengeti
IMG_2159.JPG

Cool tree, Serengeti post-storm
IMG_2200.JPG

This is a shot of myself sitting on the ledge of the balcony at our hostel in Mwanza, overlooking Lake Victoria. Since I composed the shot and simply asked someone to push the button, I consider it mine :D
IMG_2339.JPG

Sunrise over Lake Manyara park
IMG_1937.JPG

A 180 degree view of Ngorongoro Crater in the morning, composed of about a dozen single shots
Ngorongoro%20Stitch.JPG

Back
Top Bottom