Any new songs for Chicago???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Does anyone out there figure they'll add one or two "new" songs for the Chicago shows...
Out Of Control
Until The End Of The World
?
?
?
Any other predictions?

i think we'll see:

I Will Follow
Out Of Control
Twighlight
Until The End Of The World
Gone
Crumbs

I desperately hope we'll get Until the End of the World. I would also like to hear Crumbs and Gone, but I have less hope for those.

replace either Zoo Station or Mysterious Ways with UTEOTW...do NOT take out The Fly, under any circumstance ever.

I'm REALLY hoping for SOMETHING from Pop...anything... though Please or Last Night on Earth would be AMAZING (they were the highlights of Popmart imo), I doubt those will show up. But I'll take Gone anyday.

I'd also love to see Crumbs. Has the potential to be a great live song, they can really rock it out at the end.

Here's the setlist for the Chicago DVD (at least, I hope):

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Electric Co.
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation

(encores)

Pride
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

All Because of You
With or Without You
Yahweh

That's an even twenty number of songs, and a good bunch at that. Notice there are a couple glaring omissions, but it's not like the DVD companies to put everything onto one disc! You'll just have to wait for the other songs for the European 2nd Leg DVD... ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict they will play Bullet The Blue Sky. I know it sounds crazy, but I think the fans are finally ready for it. It's been a long time coming....

crumbs needs to be played...i mean what the f*&k are they waiting for - they could make this song really rock!

starvinmarvin said:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict they will play Bullet The Blue Sky. I know it sounds crazy, but I think the fans are finally ready for it. It's been a long time coming....

I thought they have been playing Bullet. :eyebrow:

UTEOTW
Stuck in a Moment
Out of Control
I Will Follow

Walk On was rehearsed, but I don't see where it could fit in. Perhaps ending the main set with it in Chicago 3 or 4, or perhaps a replacement of 40 in Chicago 3 or 4?

I don't even care anymore. I'm just amped to see U2 live for the 1st time in 4 years. U2 Live=:drool: 10000x1

miss becky said:
I desperately hope we'll get Until the End of the World. I would also like to hear Crumbs and Gone, but I have less hope for those.
UTEOTW being in my top 5 U2 songs, I would :drool: :drool:
Also hoping they stick with Gloria. I've read reports of some crowds not being into the older songs - hope Chicago can blow them away :rockon:

Quote:
Originally posted by starvinmarvin

I thought they have been playing Bullet.

Think facetious (sp)

:wink:

starvinmarvin said:

Dude, the same source said they would play New Year's Day. I just wouldn't trust it! ;)

PopMartian33107 said:

Dude, the same source said they would play New Year's Day. I just wouldn't trust it! ;)

I heared they have been rehearsing pride!!!!

wouldn't it be amazing if they played it for the first time since...ehmmmm:wink:

if you want to know what U2 will play in Chicago, just look at the setlists for the tour. That being said, they are playing 4 shows, so there is a good chance that the band will throw in a few surprises. My bets are on Until The End Of The World, Stuck In A Moment (they played this one in LA), and possibly Crumbs. However, it is still unlikely that they will introduce more than 2 or 3 changes.

Here's my list of predictions:

"Out Of Control"
"Until The End Of The World"

"Gone" :drool: (I'll faint if they play this in Cleveland)

"I Will Follow"
"Crumbs"

zwervers2 said:

I heared they have been rehearsing pride!!!!

wouldn't it be amazing if they played it for the first time since...ehmmmm:wink:

OMG I TOTALLY RED ON THE INTERWEB THAT U2 REHERSED STREETS ONCE!!!!!!!1111 LIEK WUDNT THAT B AMAZING IF THEY PLAYED STREETS?!?!?!?!?!!?11/1/1/1

PopMartian33107 said:
Here's the setlist for the Chicago DVD (at least, I hope):

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Electric Co.
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation

(encores)

Pride
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

All Because of You
With or Without You
Yahweh

That is a beautiful set list! I hope that they do exactly that list. I have waited 15 years to see U2, and they better play WOWY at the 5/7 show. OMG I can't believe I'll be seeing them in 2 days.

How about if they play "Love Rescue Me" over and over, for about an hour, and then play "11 'o Clock Tick Tock.":whistle:

What about the Christmas song - Baby Please Come Home? It's about time they played that one live.

ayearwome said:
Walk On was rehearsed, but I don't see where it could fit in. Perhaps ending the main set with it in Chicago 3 or 4, or perhaps a replacement of 40 in Chicago 3 or 4?

Walk On->"40" would be the best close to a U2 concert, ever.

here said:
How about if they play "Love Rescue Me" over and over, for about an hour, and then play "11 'o Clock Tick Tock.":whistle:

11 O'Clock Tick Tock?

Axver would be all over that show... :wink:

I'll go with Party Girl or A Man and A Woman. Bono's birthday has to have some surprises! I also agree with Until The End of the World being a great choice to add.

Originally posted by knox

11 O'Clock Tick Tock?

Axver would be all over that show... :wink:

Same here ... you know, Axver's not the only one !!
I would hyper-ventilate if they played "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" ...
that song is AWESOME! :hyper:

But overall, I would want to hear "Drowning Man" ... :drool:
I think that is one of the BEST U2 classic songs from War ...
I know it won't get played ... but still dreamin' it will be !!

Actually we'll probably hear "Crumbs From Your Table" ... :yuck:
(don't want that song played at all !) or we might end up hearing
"Until The End Of The World" ... :applaud:
(oh please ... play that one instead!)

Back
Top Bottom