Antwerp #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll totally hate you guys if U2 were to do surprising performance of "]Ground Beneath Her Feet or something and pay no attention to that

The show has a great set, and I think I'd love attending any shows with the Europe set in person. But it's hard to get in a particularly party-ish mood when the entire setlist can be posted before the show even starts.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

sucks they don't do the full outro to Streets tbh. Why shorten your unbeatable hand?*

*sorry, just stopping off for a pint in the Mixed Metaphor there

Crowd's been really into it last 2 nights, which is great. I think London if nothing else will have a very partisan crowd.

I don't think we'll see any more tour debuts, maybe until Dublin.

I don't need to see tour debuts, just play magnificent and zoo station more than fucking once and that'd be great.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

haha christ...has it really got to the stage where the setlist for each night in a run can be predicted like this?

I understand not wanting to tear up the setlist before a big live taping for HBO but the whole point of not doing the whole two very different night thing they originally planned was because they thought people would leave thinking they got a bum deal. Now people are going thinking "oh, I'm seeing night 2 of 4/6, I'll miss Bad and "40" because they only play it on the last night" :lol:

haha christ...has it really got to the stage where the setlist for each night in a run can be predicted like this?

I understand not wanting to tear up the setlist before a big live taping for HBO but the whole point of not doing the whole two very different night thing they originally planned was because they thought people would leave thinking they got a bum deal. Now people are going thinking "oh, I'm seeing night 2 of 4/6, I'll miss Bad and "40" because they only play it on the last night" :lol:

Paris is still a month away - I can't imagine that they are staying this static right now because of that, they got the base show down. I'm gonna say that they are either too immersed in working on SOE during spare moments to mess around a lot with other songs, or too immersed in sightseeing. :wink:

Just a question, for setlist party's sake.

Can the people doing the setlist party, in the futre , just do it number by number?
If you are that bored, do it after a few songs.

Its just a bit confusing for the myself and maybe other people, who actually come in halfway, and I think for Sicy who wants to keep a record of the daily setlist.

It was funny the first 30 times, and now the whole prediction thing is getting a bit boring too. :huh:

Its just a bit confusing for the myself and maybe other people, who actually come in halfway, and I think for Sicy who wants to keep a record of the daily setlist.

I would just look at U2Gigs' Twitter page and/or main page for live updates, personally..

I've live posted the main set here a few times and it's a bit sad when there are no posts between songs. For the moment, there are only 4 slots which are changing between shows (except 40 as the last song on 4+ night song residencies). Anyone viewing these threads should know what to look out for imo..

Just a question, for setlist party's sake.

Can the people doing the setlist party, in the futre , just do it number by number?
If you are that bored, do it after a few songs.

It was funny the first 30 times, and now the whole prediction thing is getting a bit boring too. :huh:

Or we could just not bitch and be glad there are people taking the time to post setlists at all. It's not like they get paid to post the setlist for you. They're saving time, and we all know what the sets are gonna anyway.

Was at both shows, night one fulfilling my life long dream of finally seeing this band live. Needless to say, it was something I'll never forget. Got there at around 10am for the first show. Was cold as feck but well worth it at the end.

The spot I got (catwalk rail about 20 rows from the main stage) was perfect, with Bono stopping multiple times right in front of me, usually to belt out a chorus :drool:

Few random thoughts -

- Was chaos when the GA doors opened on night one. Everyone started pushing and sprinting. I was number 86 and when I finally got to my spot the guy next to me was in the 200s and the woman on the other side had no number! Venue apparently got complaints of a few injuries so night two was better with far more security presence.

- In terms of crowd energy, nothing beats those first four songs.

- Kids and women really like Song for Someone.

- Sunday Bloody Sunday into Raised By Wolves is amazing.

- Might just be me, but I'm fairly certain Bono said "we drank the food" on UTEOTW, both nights.

- Streets made me tear up.

- COBL is a terrible encore opener. If they must play it - swap it with Pride, Streets or With or Without You.

- Everyone I spoke to were super desperate to get Bad.

Got two more shows in Cologne now. Will aim for the B stage. If I get even one out of Bad, Gloria or 40 I will die a happy man.

Last edited:
Or we could just not bitch and be glad there are people taking the time to post setlists at all. It's not like they get paid to post the setlist for you. They're saving time, and we all know what the sets are gonna anyway.

Do you think I'm bitching? Cool! I'll repeat.

If someone is posting made up setlist before actual setlists are known. Y'know.

Don't you think that's confusing at least?

Why do you suddenly jump to the completely random fact that noone's getting paid for this. :uhoh:

No nobody is getting paid.:lmao: Because we are fans. When I have time, in my case I do a setlist party becuase I like to keep track and follow the evening with live audio and video. Even if the setlist is static.
I write down the setlist and snippets as good as possible.

So far most people have done it so (I think, this is just a guess)
Why would anyone need to get paid for this.

It gets better when you claim that "we all know how the sets are gonna anyway"

And thats a statement, about as untrue as its gonna get. You don't. :)

I am just asking a question bitching for less confusion. I was just vouching for a bit of clarity.
As I like to check out setlists on Interference. No offense meant. But seems like you already took some.

I would just look at U2Gigs' Twitter page and/or main page for live updates, personally..

I've live posted the main set here a few times and it's a bit sad when there are no posts between songs. For the moment, there are only 4 slots which are changing between shows (except 40 as the last song on 4+ night song residencies). Anyone viewing these threads should know what to look out for imo..

Yeah I went to U2gigs instead. Thanks for the tip though. I was just a bit bummed as I usually love to scroll through the IF setlist threads first. And I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to keeping lists. We all have our flaws. I have many :lol:

Its a bit sad indeed when nobody posts inbetween setlist posts, in a SP thread. Europe seems to be getting the least amount of love sometimes.

Was at both shows, night one fulfilling my life long dream of finally seeing this band live. Needless to say, it was something I'll never forget. Got there at around 10am for the first show. Was cold as feck but well worth it at the end.

The spot I got (catwalk rail about 20 rows from the main stage) was perfect, with Bono stopping multiple times right in front of me, usually to belt out a chorus :drool:

Few random thoughts -

- Was chaos when the GA doors opened on night one. Everyone started pushing and sprinting. I was number 86 and when I finally got to my spot the guy next to me was in the 200s and the woman on the other side had no number! Venue apparently got complaints of a few injuries so night two was better with far more security presence.

- In terms of crowd energy, nothing beats those first four songs.

- Kids and women really like Song for Someone.

- Sunday Bloody Sunday into Raised By Wolves is amazing.

- Might just be me, but I'm fairly certain Bono said "we drank the food" on UTEOTW, both nights.

- Streets made me tear up.

- COBL is a terrible encore opener. If they must play it - swap it with Pride, Streets or With or Without You.

- Everyone I spoke to were super desperate to get Bad.

Got two more shows in Cologne now. Will aim for the B stage. If I get even one out of Bad, Gloria or 40 I will die a happy man.

Yes! Fantastic to hear you just saw your first show. Had to laugh at your UTEOTW anecdote . Nice lyric mess-up if its true.
Have fun in Cologne!

Its a bit sad indeed when nobody posts inbetween setlist posts, in a SP thread. Europe seems to be getting the least amount of love sometimes.

I had to check my eyes when I looked up the Vancouver #1 threads (multiple) went to 114 pages :huh:

Back
Top Bottom