Another album soon?? Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the day is a Lanois collab. It may be on the 06 bech clips because it was knocking around at the time, but it doesnt mean Rubin did anything with it. He may have just told them to commit it to record.

:lmao:

Well, looks like we might need to make a new thread for this discussion on SOA, if there was one anyway.

U2, Eno To Hit Studio In Advance of Band's 2009 World Tour

Written by Josh Hathaway
Published April 13, 2009

According to the BBC, producer Brian Eno says he will be back in the studio with U2 some time next week.

U2 lead singer Bono has told Rolling Stone magazine the band plans to have another new record out in late 2009 or early 2010. Eno offered no further details about these new sessions, but one possibility is these are aimed at finishing that new record. Songs of Ascent is the title of the planned LP and while most details about it are sketchy, Bono has apparently already chosen "Every Breaking Wave" to be its first single.

Other songs rumored for possible inclusion on Songs of Ascent are "Tripoli," "Winter," "If I Could Live My Life Again," "Love Is All We Have Left," "North Star," "Mercy," and "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go"

No Line On The Horizon, U2's first album in four years, was released in March of this year. Long layoffs and bursts of activity are nothing new for the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers. Zooropa was finished during a break on the band's mammoth ZooTV tour and was released on the heels of Achtung Baby.

Meanwhile, U2 is gearing up for a world tour in support of No Line On The Horizon. The U2:360 tour kicks off with two shows in Barcelona, Spain, the first of which is June 30. The first U2 date of the tour is September 12 at Chicago's venerable Soldier Field.

U2, Eno To Hit Studio In Advance of Band's 2009 World Tour

Thanks for posting. Looks like it is someone combining the BBC article and the @u2 page. Journalists are so creative :wave:

@u2 should remove that list so we dont have to get news reports like this ever again.

So are U2 rehersing or writing new songs?

So from news reports U2 are back in the studio this week but do we think they are rehersing the new songs for their tour or do we beleive they are finishing a few more tracks for another album?

Hi andyuk,

There's a bit of discussion going on at the moment in the Songs of Ascent thread, amongst the Radiohead chatter, that is! :up:

Actually, I was at the Eno/Hassell lecture, and, although the BBC’s interpretation seems broadly correct, there is just the possibility that Eno may have been talking about going into the studio with… Coldplay. They are on a tour break now and it would also be just about possible.

This was the exchange:

“Jon Hassell: Of course, Brian has been working with this small band from, where is it, Ireland? I don’t know where he finds these obscure bands, the name is something with a letter and a number? I don’t know, what are they called, Brian?

Brian Eno: errr… Coldplay!

(laughter form the audience)

Brian Eno: Actually I am going into the studio with them to record next week.”

I agree with the BBC that it sounds as though Eno’s last sentence applies to U2 and not Coldplay. However, it could just about be the opposite. In any case we should wait until we get official confirmation that this is happening. I wonder if there’s any word as to where is Lanois these days.

Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom