And then and then and then....8, 9, 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I can't sleep at night because every time I close my eyes I keep remembering all the things I have to do that day. I lie awake, planning out my schedule, driving myself nuts...8:00, wake up. 8:10, eat breakfast. 8:30-9:30 shower/get dressed, etc. Go to school. Come home. Homework. Genetics problems 20-39. Bio Notes Chapter 14, pages 287-308. Read Hamlet. Henry V essay....

I plan out every moment of my day, but the weird thing is, I don't even follow through with it all. It drives me crazy. I even plan out what I'm going to eat, in order to save time. I stress over exactly what's going to happen the next day, and if something changes, I freak out.

Example: Yesterday, I had to finish a huge report, but due to car problems, I ended up being stranded somewhere for three hours. So I came home, worked on it till 2am, then I couldn't sleep because I worried about what today was going to be like (I had a lab, so I was stressed). I ended up being incredibly tired today because of it, so I didn't get to read on the subway commute (I fell asleep), and then I freaked out because I didn't achieve what I had hoped (to read Act 4 of Hamlet).

What is WRONG with me??

She's come undone...

OMG!!!! i do the same thing!!

i actually got so bad i had to keep a pen and paper right next to my loft so i could just write things down as they came to mind. it helped me a lot to write them down as they came to me. :shrug:

i feel your pain though, i tend to just sleep whenever i feel like it then stay up ALL night long.

it's ok, i'm in college ;)

If i work too much i dream all night that i am working. Frantically. So basically, its like i'm working around the clock.

You have no idea how much i wanna kill myself when i wake up after that and then have to go to work again. :scream:

I used to know a girl like that...She got mad at me once because we were supposed to study from 7-7:30, but I had an emergency with a group project and had to do that instead.

I didn't understand why she was so mad, she could have studied by herself.

i do the same thing...or, like last night, i start thinking about something that happened and replay the whole thing in my head over and over again and worry and stress...not fun when you only have 5 hours to sleep then you stress for 2 of them...:yawn:

Be mindful that those are symptoms of an anxiety disorder.

I used to have those problems myself. If these symptoms sincerely recur a lot and you find them overly problematic, consider getting them checked out.

Melon

good point melon. after i had 2 anxiety attacks within weeks of eachother last spring, i watch pretty closely my symptoms, especially when i can't sleep as a direct result of over thinking things.

I think I have anxiety over reading this thread...

GOod to know I'm not alone though. I'll do the same thing...keep paper by my bed and write stuff down as it comes to me...I'm so exhausted during the day that I end up napping/falling asleep at my desk for an hour....I wake up every day more tired than when I went to sleep. I just want to....I don't know. Fall asleep for once, uninterrupted, for 10 hours or so.

Melon, what exactly IS an anxiety disorder? Does it mean that I can't handle stress?

I have reading week coming up 7 days. Maybe then I'll be able to chill out...

it's not that you can't "handle" stress per se. it's that you stress over small things, like remembering to do your laundry, or you get extremely nervous over things that didn't daunt you before. it's generally classified as a disorder when it takes over your regular life, when you can't separate the stress and calm down.

hopefully in a week or so it'll all be over, if not, you may want to go get checked out, it's a hell of a lot better than having a panic attack. :angry: trust me.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom