And the award for worst u2 cover goes to.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
U2 should have just given One to Johnny Cash, as his version is excellent while the original is forgettable dross. Definitely one of the best covers ever.

The worst U2 cover may just be Starfield's 40. An absolute disgrace.

Is that the Christan boy band??? If so, your so right. Worst cover ever!!

Mary Kiani - cover of 'With or Without You' - it's even got a virtual disclaimer on the front of the CD in case people think she's taking the piss.

I actually feel embarrassed if I listen to it - on my own.

I still love the first one and how the crowd is just sitting there clapping, but not moving at all. It's pathetic. I'll look at the others now. :huh:

And I hate Clay Aiken. And that last one you posted WayneTravis, that was horrible. Just aweful. Thanks for posting.
:wink:

Last edited:
Darn it WayneTravis...I was going to post that one :wink:

so...............about the Clay Aiken one....did he have U2 piping through the speakers? Cause there definently wasn't a band with him

And...Cher really did cover ISHFWILF? :ohmy:

And DMB covered In God's Country?

Where do you guys find these things? :huh:

I thought you guys were just being fookin assholes about the Clay Aiken cover, as I have heard him sing a bit (my girlfriend was obsessed with American Idol) and he sounds good... but holy crap your right.

I had to turn it off. Whoever said they feel the need to cleanse themselves with the original is damn right. I feel dirty...

Clay Aiken should stick to being a joke and singing that "Invisible" song. You can't fake passion. Sorry almost every American Idol contestant.

That (2 mintues of it I actually could listen to) was terrible. He looks like a doll with "realistic singing action". It could be the video, but he falls into the Uncanny Valley.

Back
Top Bottom