An Open Response Regarding The Current Vertigo Tour Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stevec said:

I know that mate, but I get where you're coming from - I really do. You only end up making yourself a target tho and that's going to end up being your downfall in here...and I'd be pissed off if that happened.

You and I are cool tho - no hard feelings whatsoever!

:up:
cheers

Ok KUEFC09U2 if you like to hear every night the same set...go ahead. I dont want people stop touring. If they think its worth it...go and burn ur money.

But dont come back in the future and post something like...i wish i had heard this or that!

I´ve been touring U2 for 20 Years now and its going hard for them to please me at the setlist. There is only a few obscure songs from their past i haven´t heard. And this Tour is now featuring some of those songs.
So it was a good chance to hear them again after they havent played them for 25 years.

But what happend, i hear the same greatest hit stuff again and again....
Do you think i freak out when i hear pride again? i say well its just Pride same as all other 44 versions before but when i came to Brussles i heard New Years Day in a totally different version i freaked out, that was special.
But after that they skiped the version and played the track again as they did the other tours before...boring.

I hope now u get a short feeling how it is going to U2 after many decades and seeing the same stuff again and again....it gets tiered.

And when i have a look at the US i have a feeling i´m living in the wrong place to be a U2 fan. When i look at chicago that city even had more gigs then the hole country of germany and i m not speaking about songs they played only in that town.

If u speak to someone from chicago about U2 and songs and setlist and he´s a fan for 20 or more years you will become quiet verry soon, because he will let u know how cool the band can be.

You speak about Manchester 1 well and hearing STILL HAVENT FOUND....someone from Chicago will ask you wich version u mean the one including "Stand by me" or the one incl. "for Bob Marley"....or the acoustic version on the Elevation Tour.....you getting the point?

Nothing against the song itself its great its fantastic the point is those guys in the US say "yeah shure played it all the time, cant remember the best version"

we say..."we have only a view versions of it and they were mostly all the same...."

I´ve watched now 7 gigs on the European leg, Brussels was special to me because of the New Years Day version and Stories for Boys and Electric Co., Gelsenkirchen was special to me because of full band version of Party Girl i had only 3 versions before that all by the Edge on Zooropa and My sweet Lord snippet in Mysterious ways was also special to me in Gelsenkrichen.
London 1 i enjoyed the change and that Still havent found and All i want made it to the set, it was a welcome change for me at that point and all my gigs on that tour were different so far.

Then came Amsterdam 1 that was the same as London 1, so i doubled one show. Then came Amsterdam 2 it had Out of Control but nothing else, ok i said well its different but nothing special to me. Then Amsterdam 3 was the first part of the show a total disaster to me same set as Amsterdam 1 until Bullet only after that it became special. Ok yeah Miss Sarajevo is nice and special and Origion as well but i would swoap those emediatly for An Cat Dub and The Ocean or Into the Heart those songs i will never hear again after this tour but the point is my chances in Europe to hear those were only Dublin 3. Compare to the US every freak heard those on a second or first night.

go it?

And now i made Munich, that set was even less than Amsterdam 3 so it was just another Gig in my list who i can say ok i was there but thats it.

And now tell me why shall i go now to Spain or any other European City instead of the US?

Before i will travel in Europe again i will save my money for the US because their is were the Party is been played!

for me Europe is :yawn:

Dragonfire said:
Ok KUEFC09U2 if you like to hear every night the same set...go ahead. I dont want people stop touring. If they think its worth it...go and burn ur money.

But dont come back in the future and post something like...i wish i had heard this or that!

I´ve been touring U2 for 20 Years now and its going hard for them to please me at the setlist. There is only a few obscure songs from their past i haven´t heard. And this Tour is now featuring some of those songs.
So it was a good chance to hear them again after they havent played them for 25 years.

But what happend, i hear the same greatest hit stuff again and again....
Do you think i freak out when i hear pride again? i say well its just Pride same as all other 44 versions before but when i came to Brussles i heard New Years Day in a totally different version i freaked out, that was special.
But after that they skiped the version and played the track again as they did the other tours before...boring.

I hope now u get a short feeling how it is going to U2 after many decades and seeing the same stuff again and again....it gets tiered.

And when i have a look at the US i have a feeling i´m living in the wrong place to be a U2 fan. When i look at chicago that city even had more gigs then the hole country of germany and i m not speaking about songs they played only in that town.

If u speak to someone from chicago about U2 and songs and setlist and he´s a fan for 20 or more years you will become quiet verry soon, because he will let u know how cool the band can be.

You speak about Manchester 1 well and hearing STILL HAVENT FOUND....someone from Chicago will ask you wich version u mean the one including "Stand by me" or the one incl. "for Bob Marley"....or the acoustic version on the Elevation Tour.....you getting the point?

Nothing against the song itself its great its fantastic the point is those guys in the US say "yeah shure played it all the time, cant remember the best version"

we say..."we have only a view versions of it and they were mostly all the same...."

I´ve watched now 7 gigs on the European leg, Brussels was special to me because of the New Years Day version and Stories for Boys and Electric Co., Gelsenkirchen was special to me because of full band version of Party Girl i had only 3 versions before that all by the Edge on Zooropa and My sweet Lord snippet in Mysterious ways was also special to me in Gelsenkrichen.
London 1 i enjoyed the change and that Still havent found and All i want made it to the set, it was a welcome change for me at that point and all my gigs on that tour were different so far.

Then came Amsterdam 1 that was the same as London 1, so i doubled one show. Then came Amsterdam 2 it had Out of Control but nothing else, ok i said well its different but nothing special to me. Then Amsterdam 3 was the first part of the show a total disaster to me same set as Amsterdam 1 until Bullet only after that it became special. Ok yeah Miss Sarajevo is nice and special and Origion as well but i would swoap those emediatly for An Cat Dub and The Ocean or Into the Heart those songs i will never hear again after this tour but the point is my chances in Europe to hear those were only Dublin 3. Compare to the US every freak heard those on a second or first night.

go it?

And now i made Munich, that set was even less than Amsterdam 3 so it was just another Gig in my list who i can say ok i was there but thats it.

And now tell me why shall i go now to Spain or any other European City instead of the US?

Before i will travel in Europe again i will save my money for the US because their is were the Party is been played!

one question, so you said the same during ZooTv and popmart right? as Zoo was still 10 years into there touring history,

and when did i say i wanted to hear the same setlist every night? as i have only been to 1 show this tour, 1 show elevation tour, and 1 show popmart, its your own fault for going to this many shows, not the bands

Dragonfire said:

Gotta agree with that :up: If you are really lucky then you might get tickets for several shows in the same city. And that gives you a chance to hear a few different songs from the night before ( maybe ).. But the chance just to see U2 several times without having to travel alot is still more important than a few new songs compared to the day before.

I think Europe is boring for you because you went to 7 concerts. I still think Stadium shows are better

But i will go for the US thing for the next tour :up: See u in the US Dragonfire :wink:

yimou said:

Gotta agree with that :up: If you are really lucky then you might get tickets for several shows in the same city. And that gives you a chance to hear a few different songs from the night before ( maybe ).. But the chance just to see U2 several times without having to travel alot is still more important than a few new songs compared to the day before.

I think Europe is boring for you because you went to 7 concerts. I still think Stadium shows are better

But i will go for the US thing for the next tour :up: See u in the US Dragonfire :wink:

I didn't post a single setlist-bitchy line in here before the European leg :whistle:

stevec said:

Also, the topic in question is actually people's reactions to posts and to eachother, not a discussion about what should or should not specifically be included in a setlist. A lot of what has been posted since the thread's inception is in fact, off-topic. That includes Dragonfire and you guys.

I can do nothing but agree! What happened was that some people brought setlist-opinion-stating posts in here...and KUEFC09U2 and I got carried away....:wink:

Aaw hell it happens all the time U2Man, it's so easy to get carried away as I've said before.

Personally I'm more concerned about my sunburn than anything else...but the beer is helping :wink:

U2Man said:

I can do nothing but agree! What happened was that some people brought setlist-opinion-stating posts in here...and KUEFC09U2 and I got carried away....:wink:
got carried away? i actually do hate you :mad:

no i cant keep that up i am just kidding :)

love you man ;)

also i still keep my opinion on the european setlist so :p

Chizip said:
chizip i only get so worked up because of my complete bias towards the band, i cant help but like most things they do, and sometimes that gets me into trouble because if i like something so much i tend to get very defensive about it, i.e. the football team i support, am the same with them,

i never ever mean to cause anyone any offense, everyone here is a good person,

KUEFC09U2 said:
haha what? your a bloody good person

Shocked20NC.jpg

shocked.jpg

Shocked20Cat.gif

U2, KUEF!! :wink:

i think KUEF has had a few pints and is in the "I love you man" drunk phase

Chizip said:

:wink:

Good to see you back, Chizip. Am I wrong, but weren't you stuck at 9999 posts for quite a long time? :scratch:

i was stuck in a post i couldnt get out of

(im actually listening to stuck in a moment right now, crazy)

Chizip said:

You mean -

"Chizip you are my bestest ever, ever, ever, ever mate in the whole wide, widest world maaaaan! I would soooo die for you and if you ever died, I'd kill myself (hiccup)"

<Manly bear-hugs and slapping of backs>

That stage?

PS welcome home :)

how could i stay away from these guys?

sure we may bicker a lot, but theyre like family :hug:

Welcome to the (very manly) love-fest Dulce!

Oh and thanks for posting in my journal too :)

Back
Top Bottom