An autumn-themed PLEBA contest!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
OK, so I'm sitting here at work, looking at my current wallpaper--the hiLARRYously funny photoshopped pic of Bono playing volleyball that someone had made over the summer in the summertime PS thread... and I realized I need a new one! Preferably with some kind of Fall/Autumn theme to it.

So here's what I'm proposing: Post your best Photoshopped pics of the guys engaging in some kind of Fall-themed activity, whether it be dressing the guys in Halloween costumes or using pumpkins, turkeys, colorful leaves, black cats, cornicopias, etc. USE YOUR IMAGINATION! Anything related to any kind of Fall/Autumn/Halloween/Thanksgiving/etc. activity is fair game!!!

To encourage participation, I'm willing to offer up some U2-related goodies to the pics voted to be the top 3 by your fellow PLEBAns (we can vote, much like last year's "Christmas in November" contest). The goodies will most likely be U2 DVDs, custom made by yours truly from my collection of U2 footage, but if for some reason you don't own a DVD player or whatever, we can arrange for you to have some other type of prize, like a good U2 audio bootleg or something. So don't let that discourage you from participating!!! :)

So what do you say? Is anyone game?

How about we give everyone a couple weeks or so to find out about the contest and post pics, maybe until Oct. 13?

Then we'll organize the pics, give people a week or so to vote, and announce some winners! :happy:

Ready, get set.... Photoshop! :hyper:

erised said:
OK, so I'm sitting here at work, looking at my current wallpaper--the hiLARRYously funny photoshopped pic of Bono playing volleyball that someone had made over the summer in the summertime PS thread...

Hey, that was my creation! *feels honored*

bono003.jpg

:wink:

This seems like an interesting contest. I can't wait to get home so that I can get started on it! :yes:

Re: Re: An autumn-themed PLEBA contest!!

Queen Bee said:

Hey, that was my creation! *feels honored*

bono003.jpg

:happy: Yup! That's it! I'm sorry Queen Bee, I couldn't remember who posted it, but it's been my wallpaper at work all summer! :D

Lookin' forward to seeing your Autumn creations! :yes:

SpanishEyes21 said:
Damn I wish I had Photoshop, oh well :-(

Well, you don't need "Photoshop"... do you have any kind of paint or photo manipulation programs on your computer?!? I think some basic ones are standard on some computers, and if I remember correctly, some PLEBA ladies did some pretty creative things with the more basic paint programs during the Christmas in November contest last year. So you don't need the high-end Adobe Photoshop program to participate. :tsk: It's the creativity that counts!!!!

Jam Jar said:
one question- i can't remember from the other threads..but can you post more than one picture? :scratch:

:hmm: I should probably go back and read the Christmas in November thread to be sure, but if I remember correctly, there was no limit to the amount of pics you could post/enter in the contest, HOWEVER, you could only win one prize. So, for example, if one person ends up having two pics in the top 3, then we would kinda skip over that second entry by that person and go to the next person. The purpose of this is NOT for one person to walk away with all three prizes :no: We will have three different people win prizes. :yes:

Does anyone know about any photo editing freeware available for download on the web anyplace? :confused:

If you do, please post a link in this thread. Just thought maybe it would help out the peeps who don't have that kind of software on their machines. It'd be great if as many people as possible could participate in this! :yes:

erised said:
OK, I have not used this software, but I found it at tucows.com. The download acts as fully functional freeware for 30 days, if anyone wants to download the 5.2 MB file and give it a shot :shrug:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194908.html

:no:

I would strongly advise not downloading anything like that. I did, from that same site, and about a month later my computer was so screwed up it had to spend a week at Best Buy getting fixed. They told me that the freeware I installed expanded all of my files and installed things that I didn't want or need. I had pop up ads all over the place, along with a lot of other creepy things going on. It was a mess and I'll never do it again :(

^ That's a bummer. :( I've d/l and used software from that site and have never had a problem.

*edited to say peeps should download at their own risk.

I was just trying to help those without photo editing software :reject:

Last edited:
I'm game! :hyper:

BTW, some of the funniest things from the Christmas in November thing were made with the basic Paint program, so, as Erised mentioned, please don't shy away from participating if you don't have Photoshop or some fancy program!

erised said:

Well, you don't need "Photoshop"... do you have any kind of paint or photo manipulation programs on your computer?!? I think some basic ones are standard on some computers, and if I remember correctly, some PLEBA ladies did some pretty creative things with the more basic paint programs during the Christmas in November contest last year. So you don't need the high-end Adobe Photoshop program to participate. :tsk: It's the creativity that counts!!!!

Well I have your basic Paint program and I have ArcSoft Photo Studio, which automatically installed when I hooked up my scanner. So thats what I have. So im gonna play around with those 2 programs to see what I can come up with:hyper:

SpanishEyes21 said:

Well I have your basic Paint program and I have ArcSoft Photo Studio, which automatically installed when I hooked up my scanner. So thats what I have. So im gonna play around with those 2 programs to see what I can come up with:hyper:

:applaud: Good luck!! :happy:

:eyebrow: Ok, I know it's the weekend, but we need more pictures!!!

And I admit, I'm a little impatient :reject: :wink:

Do you need further inspiration to participate in this contest? One of the DVDs I'm going to give away will be a U2 performance compilation. Here's the tracklisting:

01. Where the Streets Have No Name - Point Depot, New Year's Eve '89

02. Holy Joe - Popmart press conference

03. Stuck in a Moment - cd:uk

04. UTEOTW - MTV, live from Sacremento

05. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Whistle Test

06. One - 2001 Brit Awards

07. In God's Country - Whistle Test

08. Gone - Tibetan Freedom Festival

09. AIWIY - Late Late Show, Tribute to Victims of Omagh Bombing

10. Knockin' on Heaven's Door - TV Gaga

11. Beautiful Day - MTV's TRL

12. MLK/Pride - Conspiracy of Hope Tour

Now, those are some great U2 performances if you ask me! If that's not inspiration to enter this contest, I don't know what is! :lol:

And since PLEBA peeps like pics, here are some stills from the DVD:

01. Where the Streets Have No Name - Point Depot, New Year's Eve '89
pointdep001.jpg
pointdep2.jpg

02. Holy Joe - Popmart press conference
holyjoe1.jpg
holyjoe2.jpg

03. Stuck in a Moment - cd:uk
cduk1.jpg
cduk2.jpg

Last edited:
Status