Americans buying tickets to shows in Europe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James U2

The Fly
How does this work? I want to go to the tour opener. Can I just get on ticketmastereurope.com and buy a ticket when they go on sale? This may be a dumb question, I've just never done it before.

I'm planning on getting Dublin tix, but might use the presale to do it. I have a few friends who have subscriptions to the fanclub and can get the tix for the fall from them. I think it was 4 tix for stadiums last tour.

Go to ticketmaster.co.uk I should think. Whenever I've bought tickets for the US shows I've just gone to ticketmaster.com and had to pick them up at Will Call instead of having them posted. So I'm sure that system'll work in reverse if you're buying from the US instead :up:

I might be... :shifty: Even though I'm not American I live here and will in all likelihood be buying tickets for a couple of UK shows :shifty:

How does it work if a Dutch person wants to buy tickets for Dublin and London, would that work trough ticketmaster.co.ie or livenation or whatever?

being a u2.com club member...

I'm planning on getting Dublin tix, but might use the presale to do it. I have a few friends who have subscriptions to the fanclub and can get the tix for the fall from them. I think it was 4 tix for stadiums last tour.

being a u2.com club member... does this allow me to get into the pre-sale? gone thru the Q&A there but havent seen a positive answer to this to be honest....

are club members really offered smtg before rest of the world?

tsk
love from Prague

being a u2.com club member... does this allow me to get into the pre-sale? gone thru the Q&A there but havent seen a positive answer to this to be honest....

are club members really offered smtg before rest of the world?

tsk
love from Prague

On the Vertigo Tour, u2.com members could use their pre-sale codes for any show and it was not geographically restricted. I met a few Americans in Dublin who had done exactly that.

You need to bear in mind though that there is no guarantee that the same deal will apply this time around. I find it difficult to believe that there won't be some form of pre-sale for website members (which is why I've gifted memberships to several friends and family :hyper:) but there is a risk that there won't be.

I believe with Live Nation it should be fairly easy to buy tickets for overseas shows- with the recent Madonna tour, (if I wanted to) I could have bought tickets for any of the european shows through the LN page

Tickets will go thru the venue's ticketing company. USA mainly will be ticketmaster. In Europe most of the shows will be thru eventtim. But U2.com will have a link to every on sale. I would like to see the shows in Europe this time around. I did 2 weeks in Europe in 2007 for the Sick of the Studio tour and I had the best time of my life even though u European's will try to rip me off and charge me more for transportation, hotel and food.

Tickets will go thru the venue's ticketing company. USA mainly will be ticketmaster. In Europe most of the shows will be thru eventtim. But U2.com will have a link to every on sale. I would like to see the shows in Europe this time around. I did 2 weeks in Europe in 2007 for the Sick of the Studio tour and I had the best time of my life even though u European's will try to rip me off and charge me more for transportation, hotel and food.

No it will be Live Nation for Europe at least ,possibly via au2.com pre sale.

LiveNation ticketing in Europe transfers you to a different ticketing company site. Example Eventtim.de (something like that) Trust me I know and I have bought tickets in Europe for songs I went to in 2007 and in the 2008 (which in the end run I could not go to). UK will be ticketmaster and I hate that ticketmaster UK waits so long to mail out the tickets.

I bought tickets for a Muse show in Ireland...you just basically go to the UK version of Ticketmaster, it wasn't difficult but I can't remember if you have to setup an account specifically for the UK version or if my usual one transfered over, I'd double check. Depending on when you are going and when the show it it would be best to do ticketfast or will call though.

Back
Top Bottom