American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dewyze performed it on Good Morning America or whatever the NBC morning show is. Crystal performed Me & Bobby McGhee. Then they both performed Falling Slowly.

Supposedly Kara is out too. J Lo is the rumored replacement for Ellen, and possibly Steven Tyler for Kara.

They let Ellen save face by saying that it was her choice, but I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't. The ratings are down and they're panicked.

Supposedly Kara is out too. J Lo is the rumored replacement for Ellen, and possibly Steven Tyler for Kara.

They let Ellen save face by saying that it was her choice, but I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't. The ratings are down and they're panicked.

Well, unfortunately for them they won't be getting me back as a viewer. I already decided I wouldn't be watching this season now that Simon's gone. I don't see anyone who would be able to replace him--certainly none of the names I've heard floated would fill his shoes.

Sacking all the judges (except Randy apparently) is a bad idea too, if you ask me.

I think American Idol is entering it's twilight years.

Glad that Ellen is gone. Kara, sad to say, was the only useful judge left on the panel this year, so it's kind of a shame they're getting rid of her. But not surprising.

But yeah, tell me who's replacing Simon and then I'll decide if I'll even pretend to watch it next year.

I'm so over watching these types of shows, I am more interested in comedies such as Community, Modern Family and Cougar Town. Looking forward to another one called Outsourced.

I reckon AI is at the end of it's life. Simon was a huge part of the show and viewers will just end up following him to X-Factor and favouring that format. They will never find someone as witty as him either and that's one of the reasons why I tuned in every week.
J-Blow can toss off, I have no interest in what she has to say. Steven Tyler though may have some blunt things to say to the contestants, which may be interesting but he isn't a Simon Cowell.

The shows will be on in different seasons so that could save AI for a couple of years.

Hiring "Jenny from the Block" as a judge has pretty much made me think this show has jumped the shark:huh:

I was considering giving it another chance out of curiosity, but if J Lo is indeed the new judge, forget about it.

I will be sticking to my original plan. I had never seen it before last season, and after watching every episode all season long, I'm now content to go back to not watching this show. However, I'll be insanely curious to see how strongly the ratings are impacted.

Back
Top Bottom