American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

yep.. mine did too!! :madspit:

I have to remember to reprogram the recording for an extra 5 min after end time for stuff like this..

I thought Michael did a great job...:up:

But if you Tivo'd Hell's Kitchen right after you would still be able to watch like me!

muah!!!!!

Also, I can't stand David A. I can't watch him at all. Very off putting!

Golightly Grrl said:
American Idol-The Top Nine Perform

Before I start my recap I have some sad news. Claudette Yamin, the mother of season 5 contestant, Elliott Yamin, has passed away. If you saw season five you probably remember her. If any word defined Claudette Yamin, it was the word “character.” The feisty and funny Claudette was never at a loss for words and was always ready with a witty quip. But what really made her special was her undying support and love for her son Elliott. She was the ideal Idol parent. And seeing her in the audience always put a smile on my face. It must have been so wonderful for Claudette to see Elliott go from an inexperienced singer to a confident professional. I’m glad she was able to relish his success. I’m sure Elliott’s heart is heavy with sorrow, and my thoughts are with the Yamin family. May you rest in peace Claudette Yamin. You were one of a kind.

Very nice GG :up: :hug: :sad:

Golightly Grrl said:

Michael is last and he sings “It’s All Wrong, But It’s All Right.” Michael gives this song a bluesy-rock feel, and I think it was one of his best performances. I can imagine him doing this song in concert. And I can aslo imagine all the ladies swooning and throw their unmentionables on-stage if he does. But I do have one quibble-the Ascot. Since when is he Thurston Howell the III?

Thurston Howell reference for the win :lol: :hi5:

And I hope David C. is alright - it's gotta be tough for him with a family member ill as well as all that goes along with being on AI

And hubby hates David A. His voice is fine, but that's it. I don't really care for him either, his song choices, his "style", whatever :|

dd_2.JPG
:wink:

Lila64 said:

And hubby hates David A. His voice is fine, but that's it. I don't really care for him either, his song choices, his "style", whatever :|

I'm the same. He's obviously a good singer but I just hate the sound of his voice and the whole cutesy thing is getting old fast.

Tough news for David C. I wonder if he'll be singing the cheesy group song tonight.

On Michael's cravat....I thought it quite suited his style last night.

Did you guys hear Bono singing Sometimes in the background when they were showing the Idol Gives Back feature? This should be posted in EYKIW so all the people that hate Idol will get their panties up in a bunch! :up:

Zootlesque said:
Did you guys hear Bono singing Sometimes in the background when they were showing the Idol Gives Back feature? This should be posted in EYKIW so all the people that hate Idol will get their panties up in a bunch! :up:

that segment of the show had me in tears.. And SYCMIOYO in the background sent me over the edge..:sad:

Dolly was amazing, I really need to pick up her new CD.

I'm pissed that the other person in the bottom 2 didn't get voted off.

The Idol Gives Back segment was heartbreaking.:sad:

Heck no - I figure if it is who I think it is, there are MANY people sharing that sentiment. :wink:

Is there anyone willing to spoil me via PM?

Edit - Thank yoooooooooooooou!

Last edited:
The trick is to just pretend Kristy Lee doesn't exist. Seriously - she'll go eventually, you just have to do a zen kind of thing and ignore her, and everything'll be fine. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
Kristy Lee can't sing. Ramiele can.

The wrong person is going home.

Ramiele has no star quality, no stage presence. I can't stand Kristy Lee and hope she goes next but I do think there is an audience for that kind of singing and her last couple of performances were better than Ramiele's.

I don't think I ever realized just exactly how teeny Ramiele is until she was standing next to Kristy Lee - holy shit, is she like 3 feet tall or something? Yowza.

Daddysgonnapay said:

get back to me after...:wink:

Ok, I watched it and I don't see what was so bad about the performance. I'm not a big fan of country music but I thought it was pretty good, although the singer was overdoing it a bit. I don't know, I watched the band show and they were the best band on there...

Is anyone else tired of the 1 hour long results shows? I don't care about viewers' questions. I don't need to learn trivia about past contestants. Just get rid of someone.

Also, why is there always a contestant who overstays their welcome? KRISTY LEE NEEDS TO LEAVE NOW.

LemonMelon said:
Kristy Lee can't sing. Ramiele can.

The wrong person is going home.

Kristy Lee CAN sing...just not very well. :wink:

And I know that heterosexual males are probably in the vast minority of American Idol viewer base but I SWEAR that's got to be what is keeping Kristy in this competition. Her still being around has become laughable.

One week until the ol' Bono Vox graces the show with his presence. :up:

Can't wait.

corianderstem said:
I don't think I ever realized just exactly how teeny Ramiele is until she was standing next to Kristy Lee - holy shit, is she like 3 feet tall or something? Yowza.

:lol: same here! She's gotta be like under 5ft :crack:

corianderstem said:
The trick is to just pretend Kristy Lee doesn't exist. Seriously - she'll go eventually, you just have to do a zen kind of thing and ignore her, and everything'll be fine. :wink:

It almost seems like that's how she even feels. I think week after week she knows she'll be in the bottom three and can't believe it someone else leaving.

joyfulgirl said:

Ramiele has no star quality, no stage presence.

That's what I was thinking as well.

At least Kristy won't be too surprised when she finally DOES get sent packing :wink:

Cori - I don't recognize you anymore. I miss Liz Lemon :(

Oh, and I set the TiVo tonight, and it started with the group sing already in progress & Syesha onscreen? WTF? The last couple of weeks, my programming guide said the show was starting like at 8:58 or something. Well... why not tell the viewing public. Today it said 9:00-10:00pm, and again it started early :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom