American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STARS GO BLUE! :applaud:
but I agree with Simon that Blake was o.k. singing it.
My husband likes Melinda alot and used to have a crush (I think) on Carrie Underwood.

*browneyedgirl* said:
STARS GO BLUE! :applaud:
but I agree with Simon that Blake was o.k. singing it.
My husband likes Melinda alot and used to have a crush (I think) on Carrie Underwood.

Maybe I was just blinded by the song, that song can melt me.

Yeah, Blake chose a great song! But his performance itself was just okay I thought. Melinda was my winner tonight! Absolutely stunning!

ultravioletluvv said:
I bet Sanjaya wears a cowboy hat :D

no cowboy hat......but the kechief looked great tonight :wink: :wink:

did anyone else notice Simon roll his eyes when Chris mentioned the Virginia Tech shootings? then after the next break, Simon is sending out heartfelt condolences?
i love Simon....but he was definately told to say something there I believe

Daddysgonnapay said:
no cowboy hat......but the kechief looked great tonight :wink: :wink:

did anyone else notice Simon roll his eyes when Chris mentioned the Virginia Tech shootings? then after the next break, Simon is sending out heartfelt condolences?
i love Simon....but he was definately told to say something there I believe

Kerchief? :lol: You mean the red bandana? :wink:

Yeah, I saw Simon rolling his eyes. I don't blame him. Chris seemed to take an inopportune moment (right when he was being criticized by the judges) to pay his condolences. I mean, he could have waited till they were done. It came off like he was trying to divert attention from the criticism even though he may not have meant it that way.

oh, yes.....Bandana!:yes: :yes: :yes:

and, yes, Chris definately seemed to be trying to divert attention....he also claimed that singing nasal-y was on purpose, and a type of singing:laugh:

OMG I hate his voice. It could be because I don't like Justin Timberlake's voice, I dunno. And really, how can a guy that sounds almost exactly like an already established star become American Idol??? And then he'll bring out a CD that sounds like Timberlake? :huh:

I voted for Jordin she has really impressed me lately. I also liked it when Simon totally called out Melinda and told her to cut out the "Oh my God You Like Me YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!" act..priceless.

Man, I love Jordin more and more each week. She's amazing.

Lakisha was both sharp and shouty. Yucko.

And I'm ready for Sluggo Richardson to get gone, too.

Finally, please keep the national tragedies out of my trashy, dumb television. Somber intros and American Idol do not go together.

I missed it tonight, but it sounds like i didn't miss much. Sanjaya in a kerchief :lol:, Chris' annoying nasal voice, Blake has the best song choice, as usual.

I'm curious how Lakisha did. I really can't see her singing country all that well.

I like Jordin too. I think she just might win it all.

I was only half paying attention, but I don't think any of the judges liked it. She was shouty and sharp during the choruses. It wasn't a good song for her.

Sanjaya sucked and he looked ridiculous. My friend called him Sanjemimah :lol:

I actually liked Phil tonite, and Melinda. That's about it. :yawn:

My :heart: belongs to The Corrs w/Bono on 'Stars Go Blue'.
Blake's version was fine.
Best tonight: Jordin & Melinda

Sanjaya ruined that song for me :angry:

Sanjaya was beyond horrible. And I thought Blake's version of SGB was cringeworthy.

I missed this, I channel surf during Chris because he bugs me. But I did see Simon making a statement about it, I guess he realized he had been caught on camera

COLD COWELL ROLLS EYES AFTER 'IDOL' CONTESTANT SENDS CONDOLENCES
Wed Apr 18 2007 08:30:40 ET

Fans were enraged and FOX affiliates were fielding complaints late Tuesday after AMERICA IDOL judge Simon Cowell was caught on camera rolling his eyes at comments made by contestant Chris Richardson -- comments about the tragic VIRGINIA TECH shootings!

"My heart and prayers go out to Virginia Tech. I have a lot of friends over there. Be strong," Richardson, a Chesapeake, Virginia native, told the audience of the nation's top-rated TV show.

A quick camera shot showed Cowell rolling his eyes and impatiently tapping his hand on the table.

Backstage, contestant Chris Richardson was left stunned, calling Simon's reaction "sad and hurtful," a top production source told the DRUDGE REPORT

Cowell's flippant reaction came after he critiqued Richardson for a "nasally" performance of the Rascal Flatts song "Mayburry."

"Look, in his defense, Simon felt Chris was cynically deflecting his criticism," a FOX executive explained. "It was unfortunate... he clearly was unaware the camera was on him when he rolled his eyes, and he was hardly making a rude gesture to the victims."

Cowell did offer support for the families at the end of the broadcast.

Sicy said:
My friend called him Sanjemimah :lol:

:lmao: What made his performance at least funny for me was that he didn't seem like he had a clue what that song is really about.

Even though Chris was the worst in my mind last night, I think he'll get a lot of sympathy votes, especially because of Simon's reaction. I think that will put Sanjaya, Lakisha, and Phil in the bottom three I think, which is too bad for Phil, because he was so much better this week than last week.

I liked Jordin and Melinda best last night. Jordin really impressed me. I don't think Blake did a very good rendition of Ryan Adams's song, but I might be biased because I don't think anyone's ever done a cover that matches the quality of the original. No, not even Bono :uhoh:

^ me, too

I like Blake. He's not the strongest singer but he's the most interesting, IMO.

The divas sure can sing but in such a generic way that they're just like so many others who can belt out a song. Not particularly original or memorable.

Phil did great. But I still don't like him.

Sanjaya is the laziest singer I've ever seen. He doesn't even try to sing from any place but his throat. He's just singing in his bedroom in front of the mirror, except on national television.

Chris is annoying.

Blake still has my vote.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Sanjaya will finally be booted off tonight. If it's not him, it will be Lakisha.

joyfulgirl said:
Sanjaya is the laziest singer I've ever seen. He doesn't even try to sing from any place but his throat. He's just singing in his bedroom in front of the mirror, except on national television.

That is the perfect way to describe him!

AI Recaps-April 17th
The Top 7 Perform

On Tuesday night American Idol is a little bit country, and not a whole lot of rock and roll. The lovely and talented Martina McBride comes to the AI corral to coach the lucky seven through some country songs. I’d love for the Idol hopefuls to sing some traditional country-Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn or George Jones. However, I’m sure they will sing more contemporary pop-oriented country-Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts, Shania Twain, and so on. And will Sanjaya sing “Achy Breaky Heart” complete with a Billy Ray Cyrus mullet?

Phil (Where the Blacktop Ends)-I’ve been a bit hard on Phil. I’m not always crazy about his voice, and his actual performances leave me cold. He’s really like the living dead. However, he was superb singing this Keith Urban song. His voice was strong and his performance skills were lively-finally! He played well to the camera, and I liked how he connected with the audience. I think country is his forte. He was not a muppet that sings, but an actual contender.

Jordin (Broken Wing)-After a couple of dull weeks, Jordin seems to be back on track. Her voice sounded beautiful and powerful. I thought she expressed this song very well through her vocals and facial expressions. The song did become a bit disjointed but that’s not so much Jordin’s fault as it is the song being cut down to 90 seconds. The story of the song was kind of lost. I wish there had been more time for her to sing the entire song. The judges were also impressed. Hmm, could she win this thing?

Sanjaya (Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About)-Yes, Sanjaya, you do give us something to talk about. Too bad it’s nothing complimentary. Sanjaya, looking like an extra from “Prison Break,” jokes his way through this Bonnie Raitt classic. If Ms. Raitt had a grave, she’d be rolling in it. Sanjaya’s voice is very weak, and hanging out with the back up singers won’t help. One back up singer looked at him as if to say, “Kid, I have socks older than you. And they sing better, too.” The judges were right; it was very karaoke. And Simon is not a shiny, happy person. Sanjaya makes me think of that lame kid in school who’s desperate to be voted Class Clown. Well, Sanjaya, you can’t sign my yearbook.

LaKisha (Jesus Take the Wheel)-I’ve accused LaKisha of resting on her laurels, but I think she was pretty good this night. Country might not be her genre, but she did far better than the judges gave her credit. I’ve never been crazy about this song. To me, Carrie Underwood is more like Carrie Wonderbread. But LaKisha gave this song a strong gospel vibe and made it very soulful. She also connected with the lyrics on a personal level. Then again, maybe I liked her performance because it helped cleanse my brain of Sanjaya’s.

Chris “Nasally is a Form of Singing” R-(Mayberry)-Well, Rascal Flatts are rather nasally, so I’m not surprised that Chris sang one of their songs. Being the chosen one, Chris gets a fiddler of pimpage. I hate this song. I despise songs that praise the simple country life. Give me the city life any day. As for Chris’ performance? I was bored. He sounded nasally as usual, and had no connection to the song. There was no enthusiasm. Yes, I understand he was upset over the tragic events at Virginia Tech. I don’t blame him one bit, but he still has to deliver.

Melinda (Trouble is a Woman)-I’m starting to sound like a broken record praising Melinda week after week, but the girl keeps on bringing it. What a fun and sassy performance. I’ve called Melinda a song stylist, but I was wondering if she could connect with a country song, Well, she can and she did. She really made this song her own. My sister has mentioned she gets a Billie Holiday vibe from Melinda. I see a bit of Ella Fitzgerald. Simon mentioned Tina Turner, which I saw too. But yet, she’s still Melinda. Oh, and I liked the longer hair on her. It made her look more youthful. Last week’s style made her look like Wheezy Jefferson.

Blake (When the Stars Go Blue)-Originally done by Ryan Adams, Blake apparently does the Tim McGraw version. I absolutely love this song, and I was hoping more from Blake. Sadly, I didn’t like his performance. He didn’t seem to get the lyrics, and seemed a bit smarmy in his delivery. I wish he would of sung it straight and left the weird dance moves out of it. Yea, I guess his voice was just okay.

Well, country night was another odd night. Melinda was fabulous. Jordin and LaKisha seem to be back on track. But KiKi might fall into the bottom 3 anyway. Blake disappointed me. Phil delighted and shocked me with one of the best performances tonight. And Sanjaya was horrible, but as the King of Tiger Beat nation, will probably survive. However, I am left with one question. Did Paula make her jacket out of the dining room curtains at Graceland?

I loved it when Simon told Ryan to shut up during the Sanjaya critique. :lol:

Melinda is awesome :drool:

Blake was good :cute:

Phil did very well :yes:

Good show last night. :up:

Can someone find a pic of Sanjemimah with his mop head?

*nevermind just took a screen shot from youtube hehe.

it better be Chris or Phil leaving tonight...than Creepy McCreepy next week:angry:

and I agree about the Simon thing, I hope people don't blow this way out of proportion....Chris was taking advantage of the VT shootings because he just got a crappy review and was banking on the sympathy vote:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom