American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris, Mandisa and Taylor were my favourites for last night.

Kevin really grates on my nerves. I know Simon encourages them to stand up for themselves, but I found the way Kevin talked back to be a bit rude. :shrug:

Who should go tonight : Kevin
Who will likely go home tonight : Bucky

That's my guess anyway :wink:

Bucky - don't know why he is in the top 12. Although his song choice and performance were very good (for him)

Taylor - still freaks me out, he seems a bit retarded. I do like the subtle change in hair style though.

Kelly is annoying and I don't want her on my tv anymore

Chris - excellent ! I am disappointed that he knew the Chili Peppers version but was unfamiliar w/ Stevie's original.:shocked:

I like Ms Mghee the best out of the ladies. I think the Kelly Clarkson comparison is valid.

Ace is turning into a bit of a sissy for me lately. As stated earlier, he's probably trying for a boy band sound.:yuck:

Personality wise, I like Elliot the best, but he has ZERO stage presence. And that might hurt him. (Amish in the Hizzouse)

Chicken Little - first of all, he sucks. Second of all, I think all of the attention he gets as "being cute" and "being a ladies man" etc (although it is all mocking him), has gone to his head and he is no longer a nice young lad, but rather, a smart alec and not funny at all.

Allegra said:
Ok, here's my two cents...
I'm loosing respect towards Paula. I've heard rumors that she spikes her drinks or acts drunk on stage, well, I'm starting to believe it. She's been having less and less constuctive criticism as this show has been going. She's becoming too positive.

She has actually come out and said she is on constant pain killers for cronic pain. For this my heart goes out to her and am sorry she has to go through that. But she acts like an ass. She says nothing negative-slurs her words and just is plain annoying. She was ridiculous last night.

As for the singers-I thought the show was okay-quite boring actually. Chris rocked as usual-Taylor was great-and Paris looked like a show poodle (I thought they now had stylists?!?!)

Hahaha, Paris a poodle... i LOVE it!

My prediction for tonite is that Bucky will get booted.... And i would be happy with that... I won't have to look at his "Jessica Simpson" hair again!

But, what would really tickle me pink is if that dumb as rocks Kellie got the boot... which i know is highly unlikely... the American public seems to have a thing for dumb blondes...:rolleyes:

1. Ace Gyllenhaal: Do I Do – Not good. Lots of strained notes. Bringing the pretty will not make up for messing up the song. And unlike Paula, I do not listen, watch, think, and vote with my vagina.

2. Dull Pickle: Blame It On the Sun- She claims she’s not familiar with Stevie Wonder’s music. No shit. News at eleven. “Water is Wet.” She has such a limited range and I’m glad the judges stopped their tongue bath enough to tell her that her performance was no good. Plus I am so sick of her naïve hick schtick. In fact, I’m sick and tired of living in a world where ignorance is considered attractive in a woman. Damn, it’s like feminism never happened! Okay, end of the rant.

3. Elliott: Knocks Me Off My Feet- Very high praise from Steve, which is wonderful and very deserved. Even in rehearsals, Elliott amazed me. I just love his voice. He just needs to work on calming his nerves and get more comfortable on stage. Finally, someone who can do justice to a Stevie Wonder song.

4. Mandisa: Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing –Girlfriend looked positively gorge! I loved her hair. I thought it was cute that she took off her shoes. Can I have them? Oh wait. Ryan wants them. I was not impressed at first, but I think she did manage to bring something to her performance. Mandisa on her worst day is better than a lot of contestants on their best days.

5. Bucky: Superstition- Show of hands, ladies? How many of you wore your hair like Bucky’s to your junior prom? I like how he brought some country fried-grit to a Stevie song.

6. Melissa: Lately- Off on a lot of notes and her rock-like rasp doesn’t really fit ballads. Plus she forgot some of the lyrics, which is probably pretty much unforgivable. Plus, her stage presence is so meh. I see her more of a session singer.

7. Lisa: Signed, Sealed, Delivered- She was finally a lot less robotic than in the past and brought more energy. However, she’s more of a ballad singer than a singer of uptempo tunes. Her outfit reminded me of the outfits that the dancing hookers wore in Pat Benatar’s “Love is a Battlefield” video.

8. Kevin: Part-Time Lover – Kevin and lover should never be uttered in the same sentence. Ew, just ew. I just want to burp him! He even has my nephew, the Fredge’s, hairstyle, Yet, the Fredge is two-years old. Why is he still on this show? Maybe in five years he’ll have something, but now, no, just no.

9. Katharine: Until You Come Back to Me- Mrs. Roper’s cast off caftan really makes her look pregnant. However, she did a splendid job. Some people think she has a Linda Ronstadt vibe and I agree. I’d love to see her sing some of Linda’s old hits from the 1970s. Plus, on a really shallow note, I think she’s so pretty!

10. Taylor: Livin' for the City- My favorite performance of the night! (Half of Interference, "Really? What a shock!) He truly made the song his own and has so much God-given soul that it slays me. He kept the tics to a minimum and the goofy dancing charmed me. He brings such joy to his performing. I liked how he had his harmonica with him like a security blanket. Plus he really cleans up good. The hair looked much better with the side part (and keep the gray, darling) and I loved the pin-striped suit with the shirt tucked in (finally). The pin-striped trousers really emphasized his long legs. Damn it, the man just makes me happy!!!!!

11. Paris: All I Do- Even the stylist couldn’t help her. She looks like Tootie from “Facts of Life” and Arnold from “Diff’rent Strokes” mated. I think she’s a talented singer and performer, but something about her grates. She like “Lil Magic” from an old “In Livin’ Color” sketch.

12. Chris: Higher Ground –Totally rocked the shit out of this song, though I’m not surprised Chris only knows the Chili Pepper’s version. Oh well. He had great command of the stage. Great way to end the show considering the meh of certain performers-Ace, Melissa, Kevin.

Golightly Grrl said:
And unlike Paula, I do not listen, watch, think, and vote with my vagina.

lmao, well I confess when Chris performs there is some thinking of that kind going on for me :D if he ever sings Blower's Daughter I am a dead woman. God he's hot, he's only 26 and married too. He should lose the pocket chain thing though, I don't care much for those.

I have tears in my eyes from laughing at your review. "Mrs. Roper's cast off caftan" and "Kevin and lover"-just priceless :applaud:

I would never want Ryan Seacrest touching MY feet, that really freaks me out for some reason

Golightly Grrl, You are my HERO!!! You need to kick Paula outta that chair & go ahead on!! America would love you!

A side note: I'm from the South. Don't be making fun of my grits! It is an important food group unto itself. :lol:

Anyone ever wonder how tall Ryan Seacrest is? I do.

He appears short.

So I went to IMDB.com and he is listed as 5 foot 7.

4_17_10.gif
to Golightly Grrl. That was dead on and f**king hilarious!!!

and I think Katharine is pretty too. Did Seacrest make the Esquire list? :giggle:

Golightly Grrl said:

10. Taylor: Livin' for the City- My favorite performance of the night! (Half of Interference, "Really? What a shock!) He truly made the song his own and has so much God-given soul that it slays me. He kept the tics to a minimum and the goofy dancing charmed me. He brings such joy to his performing. I liked how he had his harmonica with him like a security blanket. Plus he really cleans up good. The hair looked much better with the side part (and keep the gray, darling) and I loved the pin-striped suit with the shirt tucked in (finally). The pin-striped trousers really emphasized his long legs. Damn it, the man just makes me happy!!!!!

he's the reason why i started watching american idol again:yes:

Kevin comes across to me like he's started buying his own hype ... except he seems to think his hype is real and not the big joke the show makes it out to be (he's a sex symbol, he's ... uh, good).

I was pleased to see Ace in the bottom 3 tonight. Yeah, Kevin or Bucky should have been there in his place, but I like that America so far doesn't seem to be buying into this hype the judges keep throwing at us. They keep pushing Ace on us, but so far, he hasn't delivered the vocal goods. I like it when the judges' hype backfires on them. And I seriously want to give him a haircut.

As for Ms. Pickler, I don't buy her schtick for a minute.

I only have 2 questions: WHO is voting for Kevin and why?? :confused:

I've read on another board about a site where they encourage people to vote for the worst. Very annoying.

I couldn't believe the bottom three last night (other than Melissa)

Then again, most of the show I spent staring at Simons chest :drool: :faint:

Simon's chest :drool: Oh yeah back to the question at hand--Why is Kevin still there! Melissa in the bottom 3 Ok--but not the other 2. I guess 10 year old girls are faster dialing their phones than us middle aged folks. :wink:

Kevin stays for the same reason Master P lasted so long on Dancing With The Stars-it's a novelty and people think it's somehow funny to keep him on there. The novelty wears out eventually.

I think last night was an eye opener for Ace being in the bottom 3 and having to sweat it out for a few minutes and not coasting like he had been. He'd better come back next week w/ a kick ass performance because this week, he got less votes than Chicken Little. He's got to win lots of fans back.

corianderstem said:

As for Ms. Pickler, I don't buy her schtick for a minute.

She's like a country-fried Jessica Simpson. I'm starting to find her annoying, not endearing.

SunBloc said:
I only have 2 questions: WHO is voting for Kevin and why?? :confused:

www.votefortheworst.com

Apparently this website is taking credit for keeping Kevin around... They also take credit for keeping Scott Savol from last season around way longer than he should have been... They are going to try to keep Kevin around as long as possible, and then after he finally gets voted off, their next candidate is Kellie... :evil: The only thing i really like about this site is the page on "The Real Kellie"... but who knows how much is true... somehow, i believe it though... I think she's full of crap!

I think the internet fans, or anti-fans, (or however you want to label the groups of people who get together and say, "let's vote for so-and-so! There's no way we can lose") comprise a very low percentage of the votes.

Idol gets millions of votes every week. I think the number of people who pay attention to sites like that is lower than the people participating in those sites would like to think.

Internet whackos* not as effective as they would like to think: film at eleven!

*I consider myself an internet whacko :wink:

Yeah, I don't see how they could really affect the outcome either... All I can think is that if the majority of votes out there go to the top 6 people, then the votes left for the bottom six are probably small enough to be swayed by 10,000-20,000 votes... That may be enough votes to knock the person who was 2nd to last into last... :slant: I don't think it will work most of the time, but I think it's possible once in a while, when the bottom two barely got any votes to begin with...

I’m so glad all of you love my AI recaps. I sure have a lot of fun writing them. Yes, it would be great to replace Paula. And just like Paula, I’m short and have pretty long hair. I also have the same amount of musical talent as Paula, which is none. I also have some left over Vicodin after last year’s “unfortunate incident” so I can easily imitate Paula’s best “Valley of the Dolls” moments.

ETA: I think it would be a great idea if AI had a fan of the show as a guest judge. Maybe they could have a contest. Of course, it would have to be someone who is articulate, intelligent, entertaining with a decent amount of musical knowledge. I'm sure AI could find plenty of people like that here or at Television Without Pity where I also post my recaps. I can't imagine them finding them at the actual Idol boards where everyone writes lIkE tHis!!!!111!!!OMG, AcE is SO kutee!!11111

As for the show…..

Of course, we begin the show with the lame product pimping for Ford. However, my inner gay man loved the campiness of it all. And I thought Katharine looked smokin’ hot in her ranger outfit.

And just a quick note: Wouldn’t Kevin and Paris make the cutest couple? Let’s discuss this after gym class, okay?

Ace, not Kevin, is in the bottom three. Clearly televisions need to be taken out of all retirement homes. Those grannies are relentless.

Kellie is safe. Apparently many people find her cornpone schtick enchanting. Or maybe she got the pity vote because her daddy is in jail. Did you know her daddy is in jail? Shh...it’s a secret.

Yet, Lisa is in the bottom three and I thought she did a really good job, certainly better than Kevin and Kellie.

And not surprisingly, Melissa is leaving. I thought she was gracious throughout the entire process. And to hell with Fox for cutting to that hot buttered ass, “The Loop” during Melissa’s sing out.

Last edited:
AMEN! The whole Kevin thing is just strange. Did you notice the Disney "Chicken Little" commercial on the 2-hr. special this week.
Maybe the folks at Disney are working the phones too! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom