Amazing Race 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
I thought we were going to have the non-elimination pit stop last night :shrug: So now I'm thinking next week :hmm:

Two part episodes basically eliminate unnecessary nonelimination episodes. For example, they probably would've had an elimination last week and a nonelimination this week. Instead, they simply extended a leg and gave us a nonelim episode (but not really a pit stop) followed by an elim episode.

Personally, I would be glad if the only nonelimination point in the entire race was the pit stop between the first and second half of the season finale. Nonelimination points often result in the viewers having wasted an hour of their time if the next episode bunches the teams together again, whereas at least the "to be continued" episodes make it so that what a team did in the previous episode will actually matter.

okay - I think the blone hippy is cute.
and lake as we have established is a moron. "she's a Dr's wife, she shouldn't be acting like that" What???

Pretty good episode tonight. I was so worried the Nerds were gonna get eliminated from the previews, but thankfully Lori figured out the Roadblock before the others.

Hippies are beginning to get a bit annoying now. They are funny, but it seems as if they're constantly mugging for the camera, which is starting to grate. What was with the Bowling Mom's t-shirts? Do they know the Moms from Season 6 (I think that's the one they were in)?

Didn't really care who would be Philiminated between the Pinks and Ray & Yolanda.

Lake continues to piss the hell out of me. What an arrogant, self -centered, prick-headed little shit. That's about as polite as I can put it. :lol:

I got a kick out of Monica claiming to not be another dumb blonde but then couldn't pronounce Palermo. And Lake complaining about being bunched together on the plane at first and then after he finds out they are on a different flight, he starts freaking out.

Frankly, I don't think the producers want people who know how to travel, I think they want wacko personalities who might lose it a the drop of the hat, great tv I s'pose. And I still think the producers pick and choose the non-elimination or extended pit stop legs based on how close the groups are or who is going to be eliminated. They aren't dummies and want to have certain teams carry on, either favourites or bad guys. The contestants never know when non-elimination legs are coming so in a sense the producers have the latitude to save a team if they feel like it.

trevster2k said:
I got a kick out of Monica claiming to not be another dumb blonde but then couldn't pronounce Palermo.
And of course her oh so intelligent boyfriend asking for plane tix to "Palomino".

I can't wait for next week when Monica is crying and throwing a hissy fit that she can't do it..is it just a coincidence that her name rhymes with Flo?:wink:

^ You mean, yield. It was a smart move for Lake/Michelle to use it since the only team behind them (to their knowledge) was the Pinks.

As for the producers determining when the nonelimination points are due to who will be eliminated, that's very unlikely. The US government would crack down hard if it was found that the producers were fixing a game show. Shows like Survivor plan out how long the series will run and on what days certain challenges or the merge will happen, partially to have a schedule to goby but also to have proof that they didn't try to alter the competition.

Lastly, the show is moving to Wednesdays at 8 PM if you didn't already here. Starts this Wednesday, in fact.

kellyahern said:
but dancing Phil was :cute:.

:yes: :cute:

I love that one of the frat guys keeps wearing a really cool
Ireland shirt.

I thought it was weird that male nerd (can't remember his name) was saying how frustrated he was with Lori at the last roadblock. Wasn't it him who kept saying over and over that the extra piece belonged and for her to keep trying.....

snowbunny00774 said:
Lake drives me nuts!!!!!!

OMG Tonite I Wanted to slap him silly! What a blithering IDIOT he is! He is so mean and just plain stupid. It was a fast moving episode tonite, sad to see the dating couple go, I Was hoping Lake would be elimated. I thought it was so funny when the hippie guys were the first to arrive at the gates that were closed and they put up the sign up paper with the pen. The frat boys almost fell for that!! Too funny. And I am only guessing that each of them that sucked it up and carried those stinkin fishes must have smelled absolutely FOUL by the end of the day (not poor Barbie tho, what a LOSER, she really needs to get a grip and quit obsessing with how she looks and play the damn game). Those sword things on those fish can be dangerous!

Can't wait till next week. On to Greece and to the Games....mark your calendars and VCRs for WEDNESDAY!! :wink:

Even though I complained last week about the time and day change, it actually is a lot better!

I was so sad to see my Nerds be Philiminated. :sad: They were such a fun team to watch.

Dancing Phil was definitely the highlight! :dancing: That was too adorable for words. :cute:

It was very shocking to see Phil dance. He's usually so still it was very cute to see. :cute: :dance:

Too bad the nerds went.. I was hoping for Lake to get the boot but that was not the case. I also thought it might be a non-elim round. There must be one of them coming soon.

What was around Lake's oh so nasty bare chest?

By the way he is gives all Americans a bad name being abroad.:mad:

Yeah he is a pompous ass.

I wondered what that was around his chest...looked to me to be the transmitter thingie that they all wear for sound but usually that is clipped onto the back of them, or under the clothes strapped onto them.

ThoraSEB said:
That sucks that they're moving to Wednesday! Stop screwing with my TV taping schedule, people! :mad:

Next week its on Friday at 3AM
then the following week its Sunday at 5:43 AM
then Thursday at 1:44PM.
the finale will air on Christmas morning.

Have the hippies and frat boys finished 1-2 every leg so far?

Yep, at every official pit stop, they've finished first and second, and it's even alternated every other leg.

Loved the hippies' "official sign in list" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom