Always

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I don't know what it is. But ever since the first time I heard that song, I've absolutely loved it. It just makes me feel really, really good!

Always wear a safety belt...always...

Jen

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I know what you mean. I loved the line about the safety belt, I thought it was cute! But what I really loved was the 'this is the moment that we share for always.' *wants to marry someone who can write such touching lyrics as this* 'Be cool, yes be awkward' is in there too, right? I have a shirt with Edge making a wry face and it says that underneath. It's my most-requested U2 shirt (my friends request what U2 shirt I will wear on U2 Fridays).

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Yep, my favorite line is "be uncool, yes, be awkward" and I also love "this is the moment that we share...for always." God, it gives me chills just thinking about it!

------------------

Originally posted by wertsie:
I don't know what it is. But ever since the first time I heard that song, I've absolutely loved it. It just makes me feel really, really good!

Me too..."Always" is one of my favorites.

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Originally posted by Lilly:
I have a shirt with Edge making a wry face and it says that underneath. It's my most-requested U2 shirt (my friends request what U2 shirt I will wear on U2 Fridays).
Holy snap- you gotta post a pic of that!

Oh and I like Always as well.
smile.gif

*wants to know why they didn't include this song on ATYCLB.*

Probably because it is so similar to "Beautiful Day".

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

*wants to know why they didn't include this song on ATYCLB. It's the BEST! I've added it to my all-time faves!*

Cuz it's the practice version of BD. Not to mention, although it has some nice one-liners, the lyrics are incoherent and it's definitely B-side material. Still love the song tho.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Cuz it's the practice version of BD. Not to mention, although it has some nice one-liners, the lyrics are incoherent and it's definitely B-side material. Still love the song tho.
smile.gif

Yup. If you listen to the back vocals of BD, Edge sings the word, "Always...", esp. during the "...to take you out of this place." part.

Well, I personally like "Always" better than "Beautiful Day." Don't hit me, but I think "Beautiful Day" is sort of overrated.

I like the incoherant lyrics. I mean, I tend to THINK incoherently. Maybe that's why it's so meaningful to me. Like these little streams of consciousness....

------------------

I like Always better than BD too, but lately, I've been kind of rediscovering BD and really appreciate it. For some reason, it reminds me of the man Job in the Bible, where everything bad befalls him, but he still sees the goodness in and beauty of life.
wink.gif
I actually listen to BD when I'm down.

You know, I'm actually listening to BD right now. It is a good song. I'm not disputing that at all, but I like Always better and if they guys had asked me which one to put on the album, it would've been Always. But, yeah, they're really going to say, "Hmmmm...BD or Always. I just don't know. Hey, let's ask that fan over in Michigan. What's her name? Oh, yeah. Jen!"

------------------

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
smile.gif

U2 to sula: Uhmm... you write a song better than that and we'll include it on the next album.

....omc...I'm sorry, Lillyphisto has taken over today....*loggs off before she insults more people*

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by Lilly:
U2 to sula: Uhmm... you write a song better than that and we'll include it on the next album.

....omc...I'm sorry, Lillyphisto has taken over today....*loggs off before she insults more people*

Aw, it's okat, Lilly. We all have our bitchy moments. I've been feeling slightly cranky today myself. Must be the heat!

------------------

Y?know Always reminds me so much of BD...I think Edge has said something about being sorry to give away such a song to a B-side. I think Bono wrote it while they were in France...

Originally posted by U2sPrincess:
I think Edge has said something about being sorry to give away such a song to a B-side.

Meaning??? That it should have been on the album or that it sucks?

------------------

Greetings Zoonationals,

I think "Always" is probably one of U2's best b-sides (apart from "Lady with the Spinning Head") and a song that just has alot of great one-liners.

This it the moment that we share -
Always.
Turn each song into a prayer -
Always.

It truly captures U2's spirit at the time. Excellent tune. I even/especially love the middle-eight:

"I wanted to be in love..."

- The Zoocifer -

I, too, love Always! My favorite lyrics from the song are:

Don't look in the obvious place
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

Get down off your holy cloud (Always)
God will not deal with the proud (Always)
Well if you dream then dream out loud (Always)
Eternally yours (Always)

I used to think Beautiful Day was overrated, but it has grown on me in the last few months. I like Always better though.

Last edited:
FYI, there's a poll going on right now in "Everything You Know is Wrong" with Always vs. Beautiful Day. Check it out.

My two favorite lines are:

"Be uncool, yes, be awkward"

and

"Always wear a safety belt...Always..."

I think the song Always is great. I love the lyrics, especially "be uncool, yes be awkward" I don't think that either Beautiful Day or Always are better, they are pretty equal to me. I think that Summer Rain is the best song on 7.

wertsie said:

U2 7 (a Target stores exclusive) or Beautiful Day single...And I think it might be on another ATYCLB single too...not sure.

"Always" was also issued as a bonus disc in the limited edition issues of "All That"; you either got "Always" or "Summer Rain."

Back
Top Bottom