All the Wine...is all for me and the CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting your list back up while I work on this final, John. I'm on "Song for Clay." :)

:D

I'm also posting comments in the running diary thread, so check those out too. :hyper:

How's your night going?

Will do :hyper:

Going well, uploading music onto last.fm and myspace, the album being finished means we have to do all that :lol: Your night?

:lol: Self-promotion using new technologies :hi5:

Good. :D Packed up a couple boxes of stuff, basically my DVDs, CDs, and books. Going to go print out some articles I need to review before I actually write this take-home final. Shouldn't be too bad at all though. :up:

:lol: Self-promotion using new technologies :hi5:

Good. :D Packed up a couple boxes of stuff, basically my DVDs, CDs, and books. Going to go print out some articles I need to review before I actually write this take-home final. Shouldn't be too bad at all though. :up:

Hopefully it pays off (literally last.fm pays royalties :wink:) wanna be one of the first people to have a digital copy of the album Cassie?

Sounds like a good night :up:

:up: Awesome, send me the link when it's finished! :D

I have to work in the morning, then I'll probably switch between working on this final and packing more. :lol: Nothing terribly exciting though, I don't think. You?

Uploading now, don't forget to scrobble it to last.fm whenever you list

No plans, hanging around with my friend again on friday but tomorrow, nada

:up: Will do. Everything I listen to gets scrobbled at one point or another. :D

Cool, hanging out is always nice!

I'm going to run and print out those articles quick, I'll bbs. :wave:

"Formed during an MSN conversation in 2008 Midnight Daydream started out as two friends who were still learning to play their instruments but thought they could write a song. The result of this was the demo version of "Cat in the Hay", a song that lacked structure despite having over two dozen guitar parts. Several months later the band met up again and recorded their first single "The Unicorn Song (More Than Horses with Horns)". The song became a modest hit on youtube gaining over 6500 views so far. After the encouraging response to their first single, the band started recording on and off again over the next year. With John starting to experiment with keyboards and Noel starting to experiment with drums, the band went back to Cat in the Hay and gave it a new electronica sound and with that went on to record 11 more songs for the album, 9 of which made the final track listing. The album was finished on the 13th of May 2009 and will soon be released for free online, the album is entitled "For Great Justice""

I think the Myspace bio I wrote sums us up :lol:

:lol: I like it. :up:

It's so true though, Cat in the Hay was made by us sending random guitar parts to each other and for some reason we kept working on the song over and over again, we had to make it...perfect...or listenable...or something :lol:

I love that on the album due to problems with we had with recording my friend was unable to listen to the song while recording his drum parts, the drums are very none-normal :lol:

It's a special album in the end, it makes Animal Collective look tame, that could be like a review quote on the cover :lol:

Allmusicguide: "Makes Animal Collective sound tame"
Pitchfork: ?.?
MTV: "Not worthy of being played during the Hills"

I can see the reviews now :lol:

"On this track Thom Yorke brings the microphone into the bathroom with him, this is easily one of the best songs of the year, you can really hear the raw passion":wink:

This is funnier because my friend and I were talking about Radiohead and Yorke's voice today while we were eating lunch and listening to Kid A. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom