All of Marvel Studios 'stories' HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not missing much with the Hulk. It's the most boring superhero movie I've ever seen. He was great in the Avengers, but he's just not good stand alone.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It was better than the 1st one. But I'd still take Iron Man 1, Captain America 2, and all the recent batman films over it.
Spader was phenomenal and Ultron was so much better than Loki. Thor was a lot better in this movie and his character wasn't as douchy as the previous film.
The film was more tightly focused than the 1st as well. There was a lot going on in the first film and this one really stuck to the main plot throughout the whole movie. I also liked how they actually developed the Hawkeye character, that was something else that lacked in the 1st one.
Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. That's quite a step up from the first, of which I would give a 5.5/10.

I would definitely say that I enjoyed it more than the first one, and it really did have a lot to do with how focused it was. Obviously Avengers had to deal with putting the team together and I accept that, but there were some other flaws with just showing off what each character could do, but as a whole, I had a lot of fun watching it. I loved the emotional heart to the ending, as well, with Tony Stark, and that tie in to Iron Man 3.

But, James Spader just brought something so strong to this villain, and he had such great dialogue, and a really interesting viewpoint as he was actually correct all along in that the Avengers did cause this mess, or at least Stark and Hulk did. There was still some showy fluff, but I thought for the most part it was very focused and it showed.

Ranking the MCU movies up to this point:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy (8.5/10)
2. Iron Man (8/10)
3. Avengers 2 (7.5/10)
4. Captain America 2 (7.5/10)
5. Avengers (7/10)
6. Iron Man 3 (7/10)
7. Captain America (6.5/10)
8. Iron Man 2 (6/10)
9. Thor (5.5/10)
10. Thor 2 (5/10)

I haven't seen Incredible Hulk yet.

And to tie in with where I would rank Ultron, my two cents:

1. Iron Man (9/10)
2. Age of Ultron (8.5/10) - This may be reactionary, we'll see.
3. Iron Man 3 (8.5/10)
4. Guardians of the Galaxy (8/10)
5. Avengers (8/10)
6. Thor (7.5/10)
7. Winter Soldier (7.5/10)
8. Hulk (7/10)
9. Captain America (7/10)
10. The Dark World (7/10)
11. Iron Man 2 (6.5/10) - I'm finally beginning to admit that this movie was just a mess, even if I really enjoy watching it.

And just to tie that in with the comparison to Batman, you can do the figuring for yourself:

Batman Begins (8.5/10)
The Dark Knight (9/10)
Dark Knight Rises (8/10)

Would the end of the avengers make more sense since it ties in with Guardians?

The scene after the credits? All of that ties in with Guardians and the finale to the MCU. Guardians is actually kind of central to the entire plot of the MCU, not seeing it is a huge hindrance.

Not missing much with the Hulk. It's the most boring superhero movie I've ever seen. He was great in the Avengers, but he's just not good stand alone.

While I think having a great Hulk movie is about as likely to happen as getting a great Superman movie, I have to say, Norton Hulk wasn't bad at all and did the best it could. His story just doesn't seem to translate well to screen, but I think it's worth seeing at least once.

The infinity stones are central to the plot of Guardians and the last two Avengers films revolve around infinity stones, so yes, Guardians will matter a great deal in a few years.

By the way:

Was the implication in the scene after the credits that Thanos was somehow responsible for Ultron's creation? They didn't do a good job of addressing that in the film, and I was disappointed with the lack of consequences for Tony at the results of what he did by tampering with the Scepter. That was what I was referencing in saying that I liked Ultron because ultimately he's right about The Avengers. This was all Tony's fault, and he honestly should probably be in prison, or something. That bugged me. BUT it seemed like the movie was giving him a small out because he wasn't directly responsible for Ultron's creation. Or am I reading that wrong?

And just to tie that in with the comparison to Batman, you can do the figuring for yourself:

Batman Begins (8.5/10)
The Dark Knight (9/10)
Dark Knight Rises (8/10)

If I were to rank all the batman movies just for the pure heck of it....
1966 Batman - 7/10
- yes, this movie is awful. But I love it.
1989 Batman - 7/10
Returns - 4/10
Forever - .1/10
Batman and Robin - 0/10

Begins - 9.5/10
Dark Knight - 10/10
Rises - 9.5/10

I love making lists.

1966 Batman is not awful, it's just a different style of Batman. I'm a huge fan of 60s Batman because, let's face it, it really fits the tone of what that comic book series was like for a long time.

I also love making lists:

Batman Returns - 9/10
Dark Knight - 9/10
Batman Begins - 8.5/10
Dark Knight Rises - 8.0/10
Batman Forever - 7.0/10 - And yet, still probably my favorite Batman movie for reasons I couldn't ever explain in words.
Batman & Robin - 1/10 because I don't give 0's as a score.

*Batman 1989, I have seen it probably at least five or six times, but all as a kid and then once in college and for the life of me I can never remember a damn thing about it. Maybe I'll watch it tonight.

I'm not all that familiar with the really bad Batman movies.

1989 9/10
Returns 6.5/10

Begins 8/10
Dark Knight 8.5/10
TDKR 7/10

Dark Knight Rises is so overrated. Massive plot holes, Bane's terrible voice mixing, ridiculous bullshit like burning his logo into a bridge and getting blown up but yet not...But I had fun with it, not gonna lie.

It's funny because I hated Bane so much and yet really did have a ridiculously good time watching TDKR. I think part of it was that it felt like such a weight was lifted after all of the seriousness surrounding TDK. You could just kinda...enjoy this one without too much effort. Ledger's death really set a tone for TDK.

I absolutely loved Age of Ultron. I think all the new players, especially Ultron and Scarlet Witch, were excellent additions to the MCU. Even though it was a lot more crowded, it somehow created a tighter film, because there wasn't time for tangents. It was also a lot funnier than the trailers indicated, which I was happy to see.

All the regular players come back in full force and at their top of their game as well, of course. Glad that Renner and Johansson had more to do in this film than Avengers 1. Their backgrounds are still mostly a mystery that's slowly being revealed. A very, very strong end to Phase 2.

As for ranking:

1. Captain America The Winter Soldier
2. Age of Ultron
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Iron Man
5. Avengers
6. Captain America
7. Thor
8. Incredible Hulk
9. Iron Man 3
10. Iron Man 2
11. Thor The Dark World

I was more excited for Rises than probably any other movie ever. Sadly, though, I was a bit disappointed. Great movie. But the end with the Robin part pissed me off so much that I don't want to even discuss it further. Also, it would've been much better if Bruce actually died.
The last 30 minutes or so were both ridiculously dumb, but ridiculously epic at the same time. Left me a bit conflicted.

By the way:

Was the implication in the scene after the credits that Thanos was somehow responsible for Ultron's creation? They didn't do a good job of addressing that in the film, and I was disappointed with the lack of consequences for Tony at the results of what he did by tampering with the Scepter. That was what I was referencing in saying that I liked Ultron because ultimately he's right about The Avengers. This was all Tony's fault, and he honestly should probably be in prison, or something. That bugged me. BUT it seemed like the movie was giving him a small out because he wasn't directly responsible for Ultron's creation. Or am I reading that wrong?

Tonys actions and consequences will tie directly to CA3 Civil War, whichi is basically the beef between tony and cap.

I really like dthe movie, the editing seemed off, but apparently Whedon had to cut like 30 min from the movie at the studios request.

But the ending of the film certainly didn't set that up. He and Cap left on strangely good terms.

yes, but through out the movie the tension and interaction between the two was there. the goodbye between them shows that they are good friends, which my guess will make the next Cap movie more interesting.

I wished they had shown the reaction of the world to the destruction they made and the fact that Iron Man caused it. But like I said I really enjoyed the movie, I don't get a lot of the bad reactions, it was a good sequel in my opinion

I like it a lot as well, but that was certainly an issue I had. Like you, I wish there had just been some kind of reaction.

Live-Action Batman Ranking

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman (1989)
4. Batman Returns
5. Batman (1966)
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Batman Forever
8. Batman & Robin

I think Tim Burton's style and the campiness of the 60's series rank them above Nolan's flawed conclusion to the trilogy. Batman & Robin is the only one that isn't actually enjoyable, and therefore the Batman films are probably the strongest collection of comic book movies there will ever be.

Live-Action Spider-Man Ranking

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man 3
4. The Amazing Spider-Man
5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 3 is really not creatively much worse than its two predecessors. The general audience just cares where a movie's plot goes and didn't like emo-Peter Parker or whatever else when the film itself is on the same level as what came before in basically every aspect.

The rebooting was obviously pointless and brought nothing new to fans of the character.

MCU Ranking

1. Guardians of the Galaxy - Hardly a masterpiece, but enjoyable comic book fare.

2. The Avengers - Not the worst two hours I've spent, but mostly stupid.

3. Iron Man - Pretty engaging story of how he becomes Iron Man, but then I got bored immediately after.

You really couldn't pay me to sit through the rest of these, but I'll consider Guardians 2.

Spider-Man rankings...
1 Spider Man 2
2 Spider Man
3 Amazing Spiderman
4 Amazing Spiderman 2
5 Spider Man 3

Finally saw Ultron today. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Spader was perfect, in fact when he utters his last line, with the robot head cocked, it was basically Raymoind Reddington.

not much of a stretch for The Blacklist to be better than that movie
and I gave up on that series a few episodes in

I will go out on a limb and recommend Mad Max to you. Any 10 minutes in that is better than anything in either Fast 7 or Ultron

Alright. Starting my Endgame re-watch now. Doing it chronological and will try to throw in the shows as well. Just finished catching up with Agents of SHIELD last week. Season 4 was one of the more entertaining seasons of TV I've ever watched. Rewatching Cap now and I like it a LOT more than I remembered.

That's a big undertaking. what's it like 19 movies plus TV shows?

I fell behind on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. somewhere in season 2 and just never got back into it.

Last edited:
We started from the beginning last week as well. We won’t be watching Agents Of Shield, though. Up through the first Captain America movie, and my biggest reimpressions are that The Incredible Hulk has aged very, very poorly and Iron Man 2 is a lot better than I remember it being. The first Thor is still in the upper echelon for me, and the first Captain America and Iron Man are firmly in the middle for me.

That's a big undertaking. what's it like 19 movies plus TV shows?

I fell behind on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. somewhere in season 2 and just never got back into it.

Something like that. I'm using this site for chronology https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a825774/marvel-cinematic-universe-in-chronological-order/

So it's nice, because outside of Agent Carter, it doesn't require watching the shows all the way through or anything like that. I highly doubt I'll finish with the shows, but I am still on maternity leave for three more weeks, and have a lot of time on my hands.

I don't blame you on S.H.I.E.L.D. 2 was the season I lost track of the show, as well. I bulldozed my way through the remaining 3 seasons in about a week and was pretty glad I did because the show got a lot better.

We started from the beginning last week as well. We won’t be watching Agents Of Shield, though. Up through the first Captain America movie, and my biggest reimpressions are that The Incredible Hulk has aged very, very poorly and Iron Man 2 is a lot better than I remember it being. The first Thor is still in the upper echelon for me, and the first Captain America and Iron Man are firmly in the middle for me.

By the time I finished Cap 1, I was reminded that I loved the first half of it the first time I saw it, as well, and was underwhelmed by the finish to the film. One thing I love about the MCU is that for the most part they did origin stories right, where it didn't feel like two halves of two movies, but this is the exception to that rule.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom