All "Is U2 Breaking Up" Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is true. If you notice, we're not even talking about U2 splitting up. Now the conversation has turned to banter with DrWho and Gvox.

Don't be jealous. :tsk:

You can banter too! :applaud:

To stay on topic, I think we all hear what Bono is saying. They are trying to find that right motivation to release another U2 album. There are moments of sheer brilliance on NLOTH and I hope they don't overlook those because the album didn't sell as well as they hoped. But I also hope they take a good look at songs like "Crazy". Perhaps U2 had a few hits with that "easy listening" sound before, but nothing huge and clearly it didn't work this time.

I'm glad they are taking a break, re-focusing and seeing what they can do next. Revisiting AB was a good idea. U2 are very much where they were with R&H. They released a solid album. While NLOTH didn't have R&H sales, almost no albums do these days. Still, it went Platinum and the tour was huge. So U2 still have commercial success. But they are clearly at a cross-roads.

It will be interesting to see what direction they choose.

My prediction? I think it will be a cross between JT and AB. U2 love big sweeping anthems and why not? They are brilliant at them. But some of that pop-rock sound they mastered on AB (and used on later albums) will serve them well.

For now, I wish them a happy holiday season! :wave:

It will be interesting to see what direction they choose.

My prediction? I think it will be a cross between JT and AB.

I think what would be interesting to do now is a proper follow up to JT. Make the album they would have made if they didn't decide to reinvent themselves and dream it all up again. The album Larry would have wanted them to make. I always wondered what that U2 would have sounded like.

For now, I wish them a happy holiday season! :wave:

Indeed. And a brave new year. They're gonna need it.

As for Bono's New Year's resolution.... "I MUST NOT TELL LIES!!!"....

Harry Potter: I Must Not Tell Lies

pointandlaugh.gif

:lol:

If you google "point and laugh" images, it's in the first 10 or so choices.

I guess some people's minds are dirtier than others I would never have thought of that till you mentioned it Cdns :shrug:

:wink:

The sweat drops, eyebrows with no eyes, yellow lump glued to his head and huge dentures shoved into what appears to be a cat's mouth don't help, either.

My reaction to your emoticon, gvox:

strangesmiley2.png

This one would've served your purposes far better:

point%20and%20laugh.gif

Ha! The irony of someone with almost 12,000 posts on a fan site laughing at a Harry Potter, or an fandom, reference is simply delicious.

The only thing missing from that "point and laugh" smilie is a mirror. :lmao:

Hey Argument Troll, I wasn't laughing at your Harry Potter reference. I don't even think I've seen past the first one, it bored me to tears. I was laughing at your ridiculously foolish ideas about what kind of album Larry would or wouldn't want to make.

Or maybe he told you something we don't know when you were supposedly helping him beat up thugs on the docks, huh? L-O-L :rolleyes:

No, it's not too late. You are misquoting me. It's not the first time you've tried this stunt, either.

Are you looking to get suspended yourself? You haven't changed a thing since your last mod warning, you just passive aggressively attack now without actually out and out addressing me. You haven't ignored my posts at all, while I have ignored plenty of your foolishness.

I called you Argument Troll, the most appropriate name for you.

And now you'll obsessively stalk the thread, waiting to see if I bite at your foolish argument. (You'll probably edit your own post about 3 or 4 times yourself in the process). Keep holding your breath waiting.

Holy crap. I can't even resist...so let me get this straight: you supposedly TOOK A SCREENSHOT OF MY POST???? Do you do this with everyone's posts? Or just mine?

Even if I *did* write that in the first place, the EDIT function is there for the express purpose of, you know, clarifying what a person meant to say in the first place. When quoting someone, the quote has to reflect what the person actually said. Even if they did in fact edit it. If you don't, yes, you are in fact MISQUOTING THEM. Numerous times you have tried this with people, not just me.

For the record, speaking of what can be verifiable, any and all edits I did to that post were completed and logged before any other responses, INCLUDING your little attempt to quote me. You deliberately tried to change the way my post looked, when my final version of the post was posted before your response to it.

All you prove when you do this is just how obsessive and frankly outright crazy you are. Noone else on this board would go to the trouble you just did, to supposedly "out" me. Noone.

What a sad sad little individual you are. I actually feel really sorry for you. Keep goin man, this is all on you.

Holy crap. I can't even resist...so let me get this straight: you supposedly TOOK A SCREENSHOT OF MY POST???? Do you do this with everyone's posts? Or just mine?

Even if I *did* write that in the first place, the EDIT function is there for the express purpose of, you know, clarifying what a person meant to say in the first place. When quoting someone, the quote has to reflect what the person actually said. Even if they did in fact edit it. If you don't, yes, you are in fact MISQUOTING THEM. Numerous times you have tried this with people, not just me.

All you prove when you do this is just how obsessive and frankly outright crazy you are. Noone else on this board would go to the trouble you just did, to supposedly "out" me. Noone.

What a sad sad little individual you are. I actually feel really sorry for you. Keep goin man, this is all on you.

You just LIED about what you said. LIED. And accused me of making it up at the same time. So you accused me of exactly what you did. It's one thing to edit a post, but then to LIE about it when you're called on it. Who does that? And I'm the "sad individual"?

And taking a screen shot of what you actually said consisted of the incredibly complex task of hitting the back button on my browser...which is all I had to do once you came on here and LIED.

As for stalking, I believe you're the one couldn't resist the mocking "point and laugh" smilie about something I said (which you've admitted to) that wasn't even directed at you. So once again, you have an uncanny knack for accusing others of the very things you're doing. Project much?

And since your brought it up, the only one whose been suspended here, I'm afraid, is you. For exactly this kind of behaviour, I'd guess.

Once again, no need to respond, and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop harassing me...or at a minimum, stop lying and calling me names. But when you do, expect me to respond.

You're absolutely pathetic Nick. Absolutely pathetic. I didn't lie, I said you misquoted what I wrote. Which you absolutely did. You tried to pull this stunt to try and supposedly out me just so you could call me a liar.

You're absolutely pathetic Nick. Absolutely pathetic. I didn't lie, I said you misquoted what I wrote. Which you absolutely did. You tried to pull this stunt to try and supposedly out me just so you could call me a liar.

I misquoted nothing. EXACTLY what you said is there for all to see.

But I said you could have the last word, and now you have.

I'll just ask once again, please stop with the personal insults. Better yet, just don't direct any comments my way at all.

Ok Argument Troll..because truly, until I told you point blank, you had no idea what I was laughing at. But before I did tell you, you had already insulted me. So the fail is on you, again.

To be honest at first I was more pointing and laughing at this entire thread because it was still open when I and others figured it should be locked. Then you attacked me. And I responded in kind.

Hence, Argument Troll. And it fits.

Ok Argument Troll..because truly, until I told you point blank, you had no idea what I was laughing at. But before I did tell you, you had already insulted me. So the fail is on you, again.

To be honest at first I was more pointing and laughing at this entire thread because it was still open when I and others figured it should be locked. Then you attacked me. And I responded in kind.

Hence, Argument Troll. And it fits.
I think Nick is upset at the fact that you seemed to originally call him "jackass" before editing your post, unless he messed with the evidence, which I think is unlikely (I don't think anyone would care enough to do that).
Is that an uzi that just went off in your hand?

I don't believe it. :)

I'm familiar with death row, Skid Row, and gangs.

I think Nick is upset at the fact that you seemed to originally call him "jackass" before editing your post, unless he messed with the evidence, which I think is unlikely (I don't think anyone would care enough to do that).

The point is that all edits I made to my post were completed LONG before he posted his response where he supposedly quoted me. Four minutes later, he posts a response supposedly quoting me. By that time my post had been long finalized and had not been touched since minutes before he tried it.

He cares enough to do these things so that he can try and make himself look the victim after attacking people first, which he clearly did.

And this is why I asked for the thread to be locked, because there is a fair amount of pointless arguing going on, and it's not even remotely about whether or not U2 is breaking up. It's a dead thread.

The point is that all edits I made to my post were completed LONG before he posted his response where he supposedly quoted me. Four minutes later, he posts a response supposedly quoting me. By that time my post had been long finalized and had not been touched since minutes before he tried it.

If was not LONG before. Your original post calling me a "jackass" at at 10:00. My response was at 10:04. It's all there for everyone to see.

And stop using weasel words like "supposedly". You did call me a jackass, everyone can see that. I have no problem w/you editing your post. You were smart to do so. My problem is that you denied calling me a jackass and claimed I was "misquoting" you. Again, all there for everyone to see.

You later called me "pathetic" and can't seem to help yourself from engaging in name calling.

As for who attacked who first, it's you who, by your own admission, did the mocking "point and laugh" smilie towards something I said that was not directed towards you.

I have no desire to continue this back and forth with you, but as long as you lie about me, I'm going to correct you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom