** All Get On Your Boots VIDEO Discussion HERE ** (No DL Links Please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the video?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did it leak? I think it must have been the editing house or production house. In advertising terms this would be called a rough cut. And usually the rough cut is done in an Avid machine which the production/edit house has. So did a U2 fan who works at the edit house rip the rough cut into a quicktime movie? :hmm:

Unless they are working in Final Cut Pro (a lot of major studios are switching over including Disney!!). In that case, it would already be in the Quicktime format.

However, this was released in MPG format and badly stretched, so who knows for sure who did it. Whoever did, while grateful as we all are, has no idea how to work with 16:9 video :down:

Okay, time for my thoughts.

First of all, I should note that I really dig the song. It took a while for me to warm up to certain parts of it, but I think that it's generally a lot more interesting and adventurous than anything on HTDAAB. Always a good thing.

As for the video? Maybe I need to give it a few more plays, but I'm really not feeling it. There is way too much going on in it. And the cheese factor is almost off the scales. It works with the music, but it will give the U2 detractors plenty to work with. I cannot fully express how utterly lame certain sections of it are. The emo girl who blows the soldiers out of the frame? GOD! :doh:

The "let me in the sound" bit is magnificent, though. It makes up for almost everything I don't like about the video.

first thought: another fucking performance video!!!!!!

second thoughts: pretty cool

I dunno, I don't look at this as a straight out performance video. Vertigo was a performance video, Sometimes was half of a performance video, and All Because of You was a performance video, but this one has so much going on in the background that its almost like a hybrid to me.

I dunno, I don't look at this as a straight out performance video. Vertigo was a performance video, Sometimes was half of a performance video, and All Because of You was a performance video, but this one has so much going on in the background that its almost like a hybrid to me.

oh, my point exactly.

the fact that it was a performance video was nullified by the fact that the band would have looked stupid doing anything else. like you said, it wasn't a straight out performance.

i'm liking it.

Maybe I'm just an old crank, but does no one else find all the "the video makes the song so much better" comments a bit odd? Or is this just what happened while I was busy getting old?

The video's fine, filled with ideas and rip-offs from early last century, but exciting and high energy, and even compelling. Just still trying to work out the physics of the video making the song better...I'll continue to ponder:hmm::hmm:

oh, my point exactly.

the fact that it was a performance video was nullified by the fact that the band would have looked stupid doing anything else. like you said, it wasn't a straight out performance.

i'm liking it.

I downloaded the vidoe and I'm really digging it, there's alot going on (I like that because it makes you look for new things the more times you watch it) and it's defintely fresh and new compared to many of U2's previous videos. This makes me look at GOYB in a new light and makes me like it more. :applaud:

As for the video? Maybe I need to give it a few more plays, but I'm really not feeling it. There is way too much going on in it. And the cheese factor is almost off the scales. It works with the music, but it will give the U2 detractors plenty to work with. I cannot fully express how utterly lame certain sections of it are. The emo girl who blows the soldiers out of the frame? GOD! :doh:

The "let me in the sound" bit is magnificent, though. It makes up for almost everything I don't like about the video.

It doesn't seem cheesy to me, I think that comparing to other videos this is far from cheesy, have you seen new Nickelwhack video? that's king of cheese

You know, in some strange way...probably with how 'full' the screen is in this video.. it reminds me of Dashboard from Modest Mouse, where they threw everything and the kitchen sink at the screen. Not that they're the same video, but their approach to visual overload was similar.

I like it a lot.

I left the video up on my screen all day so it still works for me...but I know once I go home and shut my computer down, I'll never see it again (at least not til it's released).

By the way, if U2 are so opposed to having their video streaming, how come they haven't taken down all of their other music videos are that easily found on youtube right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom