All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't think COBL and Walk On are exactly huge selling points like Streets and SBS are. But the more I think about it, the more you'd be subject to people not even really looking at the tracklist, just going "oh I already have a DVD from that tour" and not buying it.

Slane had even less of a change from Boston than this. I realise that it was Slane and that was a big factor. However, Vertigo had the Milan show AND 3D as well as Chicago. I don't think U2 have too much trouble shifting units of live dvd's

Slane had even less of a change from Boston than this. I realise that it was Slane and that was a big factor. However, Vertigo had the Milan show AND 3D as well as Chicago. I don't think U2 have too much trouble shifting units of live dvd's

Live DVDs really don't have that big a market ... think Earnie Shavers once posted some stats on the matter.

But that's somewhat beside the point, as I think neither of your examples really make for a strong comparison. Boston and Slane may've not had as much change, but I think the strong sales were more to do with public perception of Slane being something quite different (as you acknowledge about it being a big factor); how much do people look at the tracklist, and how much do they just not want something that they think they already have! As for Vertigo, Milan was just a bonus DVD for another release, so irrelevant for comparison purposes, and Chicago vs U2 3D is not quite apples and oranges, but getting there - one's your standard tour souvenir, the other's a big whizzbang new technology production being shown in cinemas and still not available for purchase (plus, arena vs stadium, looks like a new tour to the casual punter).

I'm not saying that if they did this, it wouldn't sell; anything with the U2 name on it will shift decent amounts. I'm just not sure they'd see a compelling reason to do it.

But we're getting way off topic. WOOOO ZOOROPA!

Possibly the coolest part about all this: they're playing the whole song. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be the first time I feel love they've played the first half live?

Also: New video is amazing. Cannot wait to see this madness on crisp, 720p video from U2gigs...:drool::drool::drool:

Possibly the coolest part about all this: they're playing the whole song. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be the first time I feel love they've played the first half live?

Also: New video is amazing. Cannot wait to see this madness on crisp, 720p video from U2gigs...:drool::drool::drool:

They played the 2nd half live on Zooropa I think 3 times and it was a disaster. This is obviously the song Willie was talking about in S. Africa, even though they have technically played part of it before.

If you notice they rehearse two versions, one complete and one with the first part only. The 2nd half is the best part of the song to me. I hope they play the whole thing if they play it.

I also hope EBTTRT opens again.

I'm just thinking that I may possibly see Even Better, Zooropa, and Hold Me Thrill Me all in one night.

Hopefully, this means the 90s are back! :rockon:

Joey788, now that's exactly what I am talking about!!! ...though I'd still be rooting for UV > HMTMKMKM!

Throw in Staring at the Sun instead of IALW, maybe The Fly in place of Elevation, and you've got a winner.

powerhour24, now that's exactly what I am talking about!!!

they're listening....

2Us

Mrs. Garrison, I must agree, ...indeed they are!!!

I WANT MY MUMMY! U2 are playing scary songs again. :scream:

Vlad n U 2..."very" scary songs my friend!!!

...but I love it!!! :heart:

........okay! so U2 are sounchecking possibly my favourite EVER song by them, i think whatever they've done this tour i've not been fond of....all is forgiven! :wink:

if they play this and drop it by Glastonbury I'll be devastated haha - seriously hearing them play the FULL version of Zooropa is literally giving me the chills! :drool::drool:

If they debut Zooropa it will (for me at least) make up keeping IALW in the set for the whole tour.

Also, is it just me, or does it look like they've made some alterations to the light show during EBTTRT? :drool:

Holy shit! :ohmy: Hopefully Zooropa makes it into the setlist and STAYS there for the North American leg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom