All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting that they found a way to play Discotheque while Larry plays something else. Rumours from vertigo suggested that the other 3 like the song and Larry hates a chunk of that album.

Interesting that they found a way to play Discotheque while Larry plays something else. Rumours from vertigo suggested that the other 3 like the song and Larry hates a chunk of that album.

it baffles me that Larry is the one that gets the anti-Pop label so much, especially when it pertains to Vertigo tour.

The Edge is the one that wanted to drop Discotheque after just two performances on Vertigo - not Larry.

That Vertigo Discotheque was on the right track, but seriously, seriously, underdeveloped. I'm not surprised they dropped it from the show, but it's a shame they didn't keep working on it in that direction. I'm actually amazed that after 15 years, they still haven't nailed the juiced up dance/blistering rock combo that is sitting there somewhere within Discotheque. IT'S IN THERE!

That Vertigo Discotheque was on the right track, but seriously, seriously, underdeveloped. I'm not surprised they dropped it from the show, but it's a shame they didn't keep working on it in that direction. I'm actually amazed that after 15 years, they still haven't nailed the juiced up dance/blistering rock combo that is sitting there somewhere within Discotheque. IT'S IN THERE!

They did keep working on it, actually. They were going to do a Discotheque/Velvet Dress encore later that fall, but never did it. They were trying to have it done for the five show MSG run in October of '05.

I agree, though - just to the extent you think it was underdeveloped. I think the ending needed a little work, but that's something they've seemingly always struggled with for Discotheque - and Discotheque is one of my favorite songs.

Definitely happy I got to see it in Toronto with the Pop Muzik encore. Was easily one of the highlights of Vertigo tour for me.

his reaction to edge playing the discotheque riff a few nights ago goes with this so well. :lol:

:sad:

:angry:

I wonder what changes they'll make tonight, but my money's on Bad, or All I Want Is You and Love Rescue Me. Along with the usual rotations, I Will Follow and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. I wouldn't mind another night of seeing Stay on the setlist if it happens! :love:

Have you guys noticed that the songs like stay and desire were not heard at soundcheck but yet the played it. Weird!!!

Not weird at all, if they wanna keep something on the down low, then they can! Remember Miss Sarajevo 2005: Not a single person heard something in soundcheck, not even rumors going on. But there it was all of a sudden in Amsterdam. They just turned the PA off and rehearsed.

Now I'm not saying they tried to keep Desire and Stay a secret, because it's not (played before this tour), but the PA doesn't have to be on all the time when they rehearse. Who knows what else they've tried so far this tour and we'll never know about.

They're acoustic songs, they don't need as much rehearsal. Especially since they've been played more often on this tour, so the specifications for the soundboard are still there.

They're acoustic songs, they don't need as much rehearsal. Especially since they've been played more often on this tour, so the specifications for the soundboard are still there.

Yeah I don't think much rehearsal would be required for those two songs when they have been played plenty in the past.

Back
Top Bottom