All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Discotheque riff/chorus report is the most exciting news. Of course they played it as a snippet, but that was just the main guitar riff. If they really did practice the chorus, here's hope they are thinking about pulling that one out again.

Unknown Caller would be a great great addition IMO.

Other than that, looks like there might be nothing new for Night 1, unless that Discotheque snippet returns or played in full. We shall see! :wave:

''First of three U2360° shows in Mexico tonight. We're thinking this could be a loud night! Expecting set list surprises? Be the first to find out. Follow every show live online ? Here's how.''

this is from u2 on facebook, looks like more teasing again :hmm:

It'd certainly make sense to bring Discotheque back for Mexico City, since that was where the Popmart DVD was shot...

Guessing Unknown Caller will be a Mexico thing because I'm not sure why they would bring back a song for N.A. that they haven't played since the last time around in N.A.

Well, Unknown Caller wasn't fully rehearsed, it was just the riff. I would like to be wrong though, but for some reason I don't see this returning to the US and Canada.

I always predicted that Discotheque would return in Mexico, seeing as how the PopMart DVD was shot there. If that turns out to be true, I'll be excited.

I can get excited for Discotheque for sure!! This and Please or even LNOE are definitely possible and welcome!!

Unknown Caller on the other hand, no thanks!! I saw it 2 times in Boston and it was a snoozefest. Bring back Breathe or No Line or better yet, try No Line 2!!

I think they should either replace the Scarlet>Walk On bit with Please or put Please after One and do a PopMart style transition into a PopMart style version of Streets.

Guessing Unknown Caller will be a Mexico thing because I'm not sure why they would bring back a song for N.A. that they haven't played since the last time around in N.A.

Never expect U2 to be logical.

As for Discotheque, I'll be very surprised if it's any more than last year's snippet, since the parts they've rehearsed so far appear to be just the parts for the snippet.

TheEdge25 said:
I think they should either replace the Scarlet>Walk On bit with Please or put Please after One and do a PopMart style transition into a PopMart style version of Streets.

Normal version of streets everytime for me

YES!

And I can say that the only reason they'd be rehearsing it so much these past few days is because they have a new version of it to debut. They've been playing that other live version enough that they probably wouldn't have to rehearse it extensively.

Looks like these three shows in Mexico City are shaping up to be some awesome ones!

Man, this new version of Magnificent is exactly what I've been hoping for: faster and more energetic than the previous version, but not a full remix a la CT. Hope they play it on the upcoming Mexico City shows!

:drool:

Agreed, I was definitely hoping for it to be a livelier arrangement rather than a remix, Mg is such a killer song and while it has sounded good, it has lacked a certain punch to put it over the edge into Live Classic status.

Another Mexico City Rehearsal Finished

ANOTHER MEXICO CITY REHEARSAL FINISHED

@U2, May 13, 2011
By: m2 / @mattmcgee

U2 apparently did another rehearsal Friday night at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City. The only reports we've been able to find are from Twitter user @bonoserch, who listed these songs in a series of tweets tonight:

"Magnificent"
"Zooropa"
"City Of Blinding Lights"
"Vertigo"
"Even Better Than The Real Thing"
"Unknown Caller"
"Love Rescue Me"
"Ultraviolet"
"Out Of Control"

If "Unknown Caller" is eventually played in Mexico City, or anywhere else this summer, it'll be the song's first performance since the end of the 2009 tour in Vancouver, BC. U2 plays Saturday and Sunday in Mexico City.

looks like Zooropa's not just some experiment and is there to stay in the set!! for a while at least :)
all it needs now is for most of the Americans not to go "wot...?" and make it their bathroom song and those of us at glastonbury will have a chance of hearing it!! :wink:

Another Mexico City Rehearsal Finished

ANOTHER MEXICO CITY REHEARSAL FINISHED

@U2, May 13, 2011
By: m2 / @mattmcgee

U2 apparently did another rehearsal Friday night at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City. The only reports we've been able to find are from Twitter user @bonoserch, who listed these songs in a series of tweets tonight:

"Magnificent"
"Zooropa"
"City Of Blinding Lights"
"Vertigo"
"Even Better Than The Real Thing"
"Unknown Caller"
"Love Rescue Me"
"Ultraviolet"
"Out Of Control"

If "Unknown Caller" is eventually played in Mexico City, or anywhere else this summer, it'll be the song's first performance since the end of the 2009 tour in Vancouver, BC. U2 plays Saturday and Sunday in Mexico City.

Love Rescue Me? :drool:
Out Of Control? :drool:
Unknown Caller? :| but :drool:
Ultraviolet? :heart:

I honestly think Unknown Caller is just for Mexico City, since they already played the song in 2009 in North America. Don't know why they would bring it back after they dropped it for a year. And I really think Zooropa will stay, they just need to crank out more visuals and lights. That's great news.

With all of these recent reworkings it makes me wonder if new UC is reworked in some way? Maybe not significantly, but still exciting to think about!

Back
Top Bottom