All Critical Reviews of the New album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well no doubt buried in a Apple's, Googles and Microsoft's T&C there's stuff that allows them to do a lot more intrusive stuff than this. I personally don't think this is an invasion of privacy, but there's stuff on our phones that definitely is. It's just more thing that rubs some people the wrong way.

I've got friends really into their mobile devices, both Apple and Android, and hyper plugged into privacy issues, tracking, etc. They all know this isn't the end of the world, but it still bothers some people, and I get it.

To the extent people are saying Bono raped their phone and their human rights are being violated, yeah that's just stupid.

It would have been a great full circle event if they had said that they felt like they were donkey punched by U2. :D

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I see both sides of the argument, but the beauty in it is that both sides (probably more of the U2 hater side) are completely overreacting which continues to build buzz around the album. People are talking about it even though it doesn't have a huge 1st single.

Post of the day :up:

Great review by a website I read frequently, AbsolutePunk: 8/10

Songs of Innocence is a record that will forever be overshadowed by its method of release: by the free, surprise rollout; by the corporate nature of the team-up with Apple; by irrelevant comparisons to Beyonce’s 2013 self-titled album; and by the many social media complaints that hit the web in the days following its release, from people who were angry and alarmed about a U2 record showing up in their iTunes libraries or on their iPhones without consent. And while the release strategy for this record was, like it or not, a landmark for the access-over-ownership music consumption model, it’s a shame that these songs will never get a chance to stand on their own.

Because Songs of Innocence is a great record. Not a perfect one, mind you: for one thing, Danger Mouse, the record’s primary producer, uses a few too many of his tired stock tricks along the way, making the record sound more generic than it would with Brian Eno behind the boards. The complaint that the Edge and his towering guitar abilities are underused is also valid. But from the classic U2 throwback of “Raised by Wolves” to the stirring contemporary pop of “The Troubles,” Songs of Innocence is a well-crafted, perfectly-paced, and deeply human affair, and coming from one of the biggest (and best) rock bands of all time, it’s a refreshing and surprisingly small-scale triumph. Some fans will want more anthems, and some will long for more experimentation, but as a record that is about U2’s past in more ways than one, Songs of Innocence is precisely what it’s supposed to be.

Because it's the internet, and first worlders like spending their time complaining about stupid first world problems like the unwanted U2 record in their library.

Or why U2 takes five years between records. Or why U2 won't play Acrobat. Or why mean people don't like U2. Or why Bono's fat.

Fortunately, we're more reasonable here.

:up:

Those who are bitching about all the hate about U2 doing this on twitter should probably stop searching for #u2 for a while and just enjoy the music

:up: Most sensible post. And for those who've listened to the album 30 times it's time to put it down and listen to something else lest there'll be fatigue (My iTunes says 18 times).

So let me see if I have this straight?

Bitching is okay.

Bitching about bitching is NOT okay.

Bitching about bitching about bitching IS okay.

Following that pattern then, If I bitch about those who bitch about someone bitching about someone bitching on Twitter, then that's NOT okay.

:D

So let me see if I have this straight?

Bitching is okay.

Bitching about bitching is NOT okay.

Bitching about bitching about bitching IS okay.

Following that pattern then, If I bitch about those who bitch about someone bitching about someone bitching on Twitter, then that's NOT okay.

:D

Man, I'm gonna bitch all day because it makes me feel good.

Someone on another forum I post at posted the following: "I mean, this was distributed by a corporation through its own system to users of its (free) proprietary software, and made available to keep or delete."

Which is a good point that most people complaining about it showing up in iTunes are forgetting.

Someone on another forum I post at posted the following: "I mean, this was distributed by a corporation through its own system to users of its (free) proprietary software, and made available to keep or delete."

Which is a good point that most people complaining about it showing up in iTunes are forgetting.

Or they don't have the mental capacity to understand.

:up: Most sensible post. And for those who've listened to the album 30 times it's time to put it down and listen to something else lest there'll be fatigue (My iTunes says 18 times).

I'm in my 20's I think. not counting the car ride listens. :)

I should take a little break. What should I go back to? JT, Zooropa? UF? Boy?

suggestions please

jeesus christ am i the only one who appreciates free music turning up in my purchased list?! :coocoo:

No..I'd have no issue with it. Free album? Cool. Give it a listen - if it's good, keep it. If not, delete. Simple as that. Most people who are tweeting about this and feeling hi-jacked (!) are acting as though someone charged their iTunes account $$$ amounts without asking for permission!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom