All Critical Reviews of the New album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an album review, more like a criticism of the way it was distributed. The article links to the Neil McCormick review that came in yesterday as one of the first reviews. Of course it's mostly positive, Neil is heavily biased ;)

I know but just thought it belonged here

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Early album reviews mean jack shit! ATYCLB got many bad reviews along with AB. Fuck them all

That digital spy review is horrible

I stopped reading when they said they listened to each song only once

this is not that kind of album. if i had reviewed it after listening only once my review would have been something like "it's ok, kind of poppy." this is an album that takes time to sink in, and reviewing it after just a single listen doesn't do it justice.

this is an interesting article, though it seems she only listened to the album all the way through once.

it does touch on what is becoming a generalized but clear reaction: choruses aren't as immediate as in the past, and there doesn't seem to be the "as-good-as-One" track.

I think Every Breaking Wave has a chance to be that song

One wasn't as good as one until well after the album IMO

Looking online and there is a shot load of backlash towards this album... people are pissed.

Looking online and there is a shot load of backlash towards this album... people are pissed.

Wouldn't go that far to be fair nothing outside the normal backlash they receive

The backlash is mostly because millions of people didn't want the album on their iOS devices. They most likely haven't even listened to the album.

The backlash is mostly because millions of people didn't want the album on their iOS devices. They most likely haven't even listened to the album.

And let's be honest I would hardly call it a "backlash" a few people on twitter etc

Nothing meaningful or interesting happens on Twitter. It's completely useless.

And let's be honest I would hardly call it a "backlash" a few people on twitter etc

My brother whom took me to ZooTV and WAS a huge U2 advocate emailed me today.

"already downloaded it earlier this morning and gave it a quick review...would like to say good things about it but can't yet...maybe later...I think they should stop releasing new material before they completely destroy their lagacy...still like them anyway"

The writer on this one used work at Pitchfork, so this review is what i might call a ''pitchfork-by numbers'' piece of criticism.

this is an interesting article, though it seems she only listened to the album all the way through once.

it does touch on what is becoming a generalized but clear reaction: choruses aren't as immediate as in the past, and there doesn't seem to be the "as-good-as-One" track.

i dont understand how something is both gorgeous and boring?

i dont understand how something is both gorgeous and boring?

this is what happens when you listen quickly and realize that you've been hired to say something, anything, negative about U2 and especially Bono, lest you lose credibility with the comments section.

My brother whom took me to ZooTV and WAS a huge U2 advocate emailed me today.

"already downloaded it earlier this morning and gave it a quick review...would like to say good things about it but can't yet...maybe later...I think they should stop releasing new material before they completely destroy their lagacy...still like them anyway"

Ok that me convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom