Alicia To Honor Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got so caught up with JC and BLM's excitement, I just called them to wish them luck thinking it was today :huh:

^ Awwwwe, you guys are the bestest!!! :hug:

The plan is for him to start recognizing me! :giggle:
Even if we get a glimpse of him I'd be happy.
I'm a little worried about blm though, I might have to carry her back to the train over my shoulder.
:laugh:

on ANTM theres something about keep a child alive......

thanks!!!

take lots of pictures!

HI Kassandra, are you sure you can't make it?? 3:11 from
Ronkonkoma.... i have my fingers crossed!!
I will be thrilled if i at least get some pix!! oh, who am i kidding, that's not enough!!!
I must remember to keep breathing, though.

I will be thinking of the plebans- really, i am feeling the love!!!!

when you meet him - :wink: here are some questions:

1. Dear Bono, when U2 3D is finally coming out?
2. Will there be also a 20 year release of Rattle and Hum (with all the outcuts, perhaps the Lovetown Special)?
3. When do we get the older albums reamstered? hopefully always with a live DVD from that period :drool:

And please tell him that he should never ever work with this sucker Hamish Hamilton again - please...

U2's Bono Joins Gwen Stefani at $1.5 Million Concert (Update1)

By Philip Boroff

Oct. 25 (Bloomberg) -- With an appearance by Bono and a concert featuring Gwen Stefani and Alicia Keys, organizers of a Manhattan fundraiser tonight to raise $1.5 million for AIDS promise it won't be standard benefit fare.

At most galas, ``you get your charity chicken, the entertainment goes on too long and the music is awful,'' said Leigh Blake, executive director of Keep a Child Alive, a nonprofit that provides medicine for AIDS-infected adults and children in Africa and India. ``Our event is not stodgy.''

Bono, the 47-year-old activist and lead singer of the Irish band U2, who was born Paul David Hewson, is being honored and isn't scheduled to perform at Hammerstein Ballroom. Keys, the 26- year-old R&B singer, will take the stage before 1,200 guests, along with Sheryl Crow and Stefani. Iman, the former model who was born in Somalia, is also set to appear.

Tickets for dinner and the show, which benefits the Brooklyn-based group, range from $100,000 for a table for 10 to $5,000 for individuals. Seats in the balcony upstairs in the hall for a pre-concert cocktail party and the show are $1,000.

The event is backed by media personalities and recording industry executives. Padma Lakshmi, host of ``Top Chef'' on the Bravo network, oversees the dinner menu. Co-chairmen of the event include Richard Beckman, president of Conde Nast Media Group, Theodore J. Forstmann, chief executive of talent agency IMG, and Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Universal Music Group's Interscope Geffen A&M Records.

Lobbying Efforts

The fourth annual ``Black Ball'' is honoring Bono for his support of AIDS awareness and treatment. In 2002, he co-founded DATA -- Debt AIDS Trade Africa -- which lobbies wealthy nations to adopt new trade and aid policies with Africa. In 2006, Bono helped start ``Product (Red)'' to raise money to buy AIDS drugs for Africans.

Blake, a native of London who now lives in Brooklyn, was an associate producer of the 1995 film ``Kids'' and co-produced ``Red Hot & Blue,'' a 1990 Cole Porter tribute album that raised money for AIDS research and education. She became more involved with HIV issues in Africa after marrying Earle Sebastian, a director of videos and commercials and a South African native. She started Keep a Child Alive in 2003.

Working with established groups, Blake said the organization provides medicine for 20,000 people in Africa.

She visits Africa four times a year. If it weren't for family obligations, she said she'd be tempted to move to Uganda or South Africa because of her affection for the people.

``They don't have anything,'' she said. ``They just give love and receive love. Here it's all about us and about what we need. None of that means anything.''

blm said:

thanks, Lila64(did you and Maddy feel the same?)

Paper bag- check:up: :faint:
( i will be the picture of CALM on the outside, but on the inside:yippie: :macdevil:

I don't think there was time to even think :hyper:
And afterwards we needed to grab a bite of food, and I couldn't eat, LOL

good luck to all :hug:

Back
Top Bottom