Alicia To Honor Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dress for Bono?

:lol:

I wonder what they mean by that ...

Also, I see some "surprise guest performances", so maybe, just maybe, our man will be performing again. I would so LOVE to see him and Alicia singing together.

blm said:
:wave: Definitely count me in on this trip, okay.
Want to meet BF1 and one4u2.
Val and Kassandra, are you coming?

Yeah! but you would have to get into the city by at least 5pm! The event starts at 6pm so I would assume he would be there at least by 5 if not earlier. Let's try to work something out!

My schools 4th grade teacher who was my sons 2nd grade teacher last year had her class write letters to Bono telling him what great work he is doing and their suggestions for new red words. She was going to mail them to principle management and I said to hold off that maybe I will get to hand them to him myself!

These letters are so adorable!

Oh, That is really wonderful, JC. I think Bono would be very interested in reading them, and feel (looking for the right word here) so reaffirmed to what he is doing.
I can be ready at any time, let's keep in touch.

blm said:
Oh, That is really wonderful, JC. I think Bono would be very interested in reading them, and feel (looking for the right word here) so reaffirmed to what he is doing.
I can be ready at any time, let's keep in touch.

YAY! :rockon:

Yes, I thought orig it was Friday.
Can you come over and play, EdgeIsTooSexy?
JC is like the roadtrip "mom" (don't take that the wrong way, JC)!
Penn Station is a zoo by 5pm commuter rush, even before, but we can do it!! How would you travel here?:wave: :dancing:

http://keepachildalive.org/assets/images/blackball_07_evite.pdf

I was reading the information from the site and it mentions Iman.
Isn't she married to David Bowie?
Umm, are they sure we should Dress for Bono?? well, okay!!

There is an after party, :drool:

(Was thinking if we all chipped in to reach $5000, for an individual ticket, we could just pile up on each others' laps at the table.
What a spectacle that would be. ):rolleyes: :up:

Last edited:
blm said:
Yes, I thought orig it was Friday.
Can you come over and play, EdgeIsTooSexy?
JC is like the roadtrip "mom" (don't take that the wrong way, JC)!
Penn Station is a zoo by 5pm commuter rush, even before, but we can do it!! How would you travel here?:wave: :dancing:

But we're going in not coming out of the city.

Thats the problem: getting there from where I live.
im going to bring it up to my mom but i would have to find a way of getting there, b/c no way will we drive.

JC,
Yes, Right, I meant the crowd at Penn, not on the train. There are the construction guys that leave early, then the white collars.
I believe the ballroom is around the corner from Penn, it shouldn't be hard. (I just rarely go into the city and never alone.) but I will do it or meet you on the train? if you go from home.

Edge ITS- can you take the train to Penn??

blm, I can meet you at the train because I would leave from home. The Hammerstein is way to easy to get to to pass up. For the book signing I was so excited that I walked the 25 blocks to 16th where B & N was. This one is easy!!! We will have to figure out how to meet up.

my mom is off and i reaaaaaaly want to go, i just have to find a way t oget there and then i have a possibility to go. is there a train station around here....i have to look that up :hyper:

k :)
i cant find a train station that goes to nyc from around here :huh:
....what to do.....

blm said:
:wave: Definitely count me in on this trip, okay.
Want to meet BF1 and one4u2.
Val and Kassandra, are you coming?

I can't make it, but I sure am glad you thought of me.

I'm thinking security with all of the stars there is going to be real tight. But PLEBAns are determined creatures.

JCOSTER said:

BONO TO TALK TO MORTGAGE BANKERS
October 16th at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.

fuck sakes. that's a headline i'd expect to read out of the onion.

why the hell is anyone interested in hearing what he has to say anymore?

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
Thats the problem: getting there from where I live.
im going to bring it up to my mom but i would have to find a way of getting there, b/c no way will we drive.

If you can get into Philly you can either take Amtrak or take SEPTA R7 to Trenton and from there take NJ Transit into NYC.

Varitek said:

If you can get into Philly you can either take Amtrak or take SEPTA R7 to Trenton and from there take NJ Transit into NYC.

thanks for the advice :)

i found a bieber bus that could take us into the city and even leave late too, but idk where they would drop/pick us up at.
only problem is i dont really know nyc like the back of my hand

I'll be having a conversation with my mom when she gets home
:hyper:

blm said:
EXCUSE ME, Why the attitude, Zoomerang??
Did you forget to take your medication?:eyebrow:

Just ignore it, blm.

There is always people who love to stir up trouble and spoil it for others. I will never understand why someone would come here just to make a rude remark while people here are trying to make a positive statement.

You girls rock, really. I wish I'd be where you are and could go with you.

I hope all of you who are going have a great time and get to see Bono.

Back
Top Bottom