Album sales after first year of release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball06

The Fly
I know The Joshua Tree sold 14m copies in it's first year after release, Achtung and ATYCLB 10m, Pop 5,5m, Zooropa 6-7m, and HTDAAB 9-10m.

But does anybody knows the sales after the first year of Boy, October, War, UABRS, Unforgettable Fire, WAIA, Rattle and Hum and BO 80-90 and BO90-00?

I find out in another threat that Rattle & Hum sold 7.5m copies during 88-89. I thougt that it could be 10m in that period.

The first year sales for Boy and October would have been very low. They have sold about 3m each up to this point, but a lot of people picked up these albums after U2 hit the big time and wanted to check out their back catalogue.
As for the Best Of albums, the 80s collection in particular has continued to sell very well (it was in the top 100 albums for the year in Australia for five years!). I know it shipped over 10m within a few months of release, and maybe 12m for the first year. In 2005 alone it sold a million copies, and is U2's biggest selling back catalogue album whenever a tour is happening.
I'm not entirely sure what BO 90-00 has sold to date, I think it's around 6m, so first year figure would likely be about 5m.

Back
Top Bottom