Album 13: Are We Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to live in a world where we got 2 U2 albums this year. One in April and one in July.

April: Ten Reasons to Exist
July: Songs of Ascent

If Tom Waits can do it (back in 2002 with Alice and Blood Money. On the same day. And he was 52 at the time), U2 should be able to. Hell, apparently they've got enough material.

I'd like to live in a world where we got 2 U2 albums this year. One in April and one in July.

April: Ten Reasons to Exist
July: Songs of Ascent

If Tom Waits can do it (back in 2002 with Alice and Blood Money. On the same day. And he was 52 at the time), U2 should be able to. Hell, apparently they've got enough material.

They are perfectly able to. But they're not going to.

I like how it takes only a week without some information for some people to start panicking.

After this album, they'll probably consider the Rick Rubin material. They did an interview with Zane Lowe where they said they will release an album with Rick Rubin as producer.When they'll release it though is doubtful as they are getting any younger.

Rick Rubin might be the right person to get some of these odds and ends pieces into shape.

He works best when bands already have material to bring to him right?

sounds like when this next album cycle is complete, they'll have plenty of material to bring to him

He knows we're patient and hopes we're still out there. :heart:
He's not ashamed of us, he's proud of us. :heart:

I like how it takes only a week without some information for some people to start panicking.

:panic:

tumblr_md1rnigM0w1r2q56co1_250.gif

:panic:

I have no idea what any of that means.

If you mean the page in German, below there's the audio of the Bono interview (in English).

My post instead is about Bono's last words in the interview; and since here I remember someone saying Bono is ashamed of us all. :wink:

If you mean the page in German, below there's the audio of the Bono interview (in English).

My post instead is about Bono's last words in the interview; and since here I remember someone saying Bono is ashamed of us all. :wink:

I appreciate you saying that but im hard of hearing and my cat chewed my hearing aid so its currently broken. My back-up hearing aid made my hair stand straight up so I quit earing it.

They say when you lose one of your senses you gain another. Well, I can say that's kind of true, cause when the bomb went off next to me I was blind, deaf, and kind of warm and glowing. Yet everytime I went to go pee it was really really intense. LIke painfully intense, but in a good way.

Also, I cant fly, I have what the doctors refer to as hallucinatory jetlag. Its like jetlag for people who time travel. Or PCP in the sliver of a solar eclipse. Or lunar eclipse, whatever, not one to split hairs.

Two new song titles were mentioned... "Song for Someone" and "The Troubles"

Well I suppose we can add those two to The Light which Bono mentioned to a fan a few weeks ago. Track list could be coming together....

Invisible
The Light
Song for Someone
The Troubles

The French interview has been available on the NRJ website since this morning. You can listen here:

News U2 : actualité, actu, nouveautés U2 - NRJ

It's with French overdubs, you hardly understand much unless your French is very good.

There's an interview on German NRJ radio on Monday morning, I might catch that one.

have they taken the audio down? cos i can't find anything there to listen to... (catching up after a busy w-e)

aha it's ok - i've found the play button :D - just listening now and will see if there's any interesting info...

eta: ok, nope :lol: (it was only 3 minutes long?!)

Any word on when the hell it's coming out?
Cool to get song titles though!

No. They're still working on it. 6 songs are in the bag but the rest are probably competing from a slew of half-finished songs and songs that are eternally being mixed.

have they taken the audio down? cos i can't find anything there to listen to... (catching up after a busy w-e)

aha it's ok - i've found the play button :D - just listening now and will see if there's any interesting info...

eta: ok, nope :lol: (it was only 3 minutes long?!)

http://www.energy.de/lifestyle/ener.../exklusives-energy-interview-mit-bono-von-u2/

What about Earth 2030?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

Add in "The Light"....that's 3 songs. Plus the actual released songs of OL and Invisible...hell that's half an album right there! :lol:
I don't think Ordinary Love is gonna be on the new album. And I hope Invisible isn't either. Keep them as specialty songs. They served a purpose. Give us other songs just as good, if not better, than those two.

But whadda I know?

Back
Top Bottom