Airfare to Europe this Summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sconti

The Fly
As a fan of U2 from Boston that goes to just about every show in the area (i.e. Elevation Tour - Montreal 1, Albany, Hartford, Boston 1 - 4, and Providence 1 - 2), and as someone who loves to travel to Europe (London, Paris, and Italy), I would love to visit Europe this June/July/August to see a show. However, in checking airfare to Europe for this summer, I realized that it is not cheap. I'm used to traveling to Venice/Florence/Rome in March and paying $400 - 475 for roundtrip/nonstop from JFK. Can anyone shed a light into what I should expect to pay this summer. So far, I'm seeing $800+ roundtrip from orbitz.com et all(ouch!). Thanks!

When you're shopping for plane tickets always be open with your dates and choose Flexible Pricing from places like Travelocity, it easily the best way to get a good fare without having to dig a whole lot, dont choose exact dates. Your best day to travel for price and traffic is usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday departure, with a week long stay minimum and a return in the middle of the week.

Also keep in mind that going anywhere overseas from the USA in June, July or August is going to be more expensive than any other time of the year no matter how early you purchase because thats when most people travel overseas. That's the high season. You'll be lucky to find anything under $600 this summer due to the rate hikes that have gone into effect. Dont forget as well that the dollar is trading lower than just about every form of currency out there, while this doesnt affect us in day to day life noticably, it does affect airline prices. The Euro has hit a record high against the dollar twice in the last two weeks.

I travel to Europe only in October-January, lowest amount of tourists, can always get a room and everything is usually cheaper from things to do to airfare. Except ironically I'll be in Paris for 3 months starting in May.

Last edited:
You'll be lucky to find anything less than $700 in the summer, but occasionally it happens. I flew to London for $330 last July from New York on United.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom