AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I'm sure he cannot wait to come back. :happy:

Would love to know what he's been thinking these past few years.

#Pray4Brendan

Didn't watch the Gold Coast/Dons game (probably should have, looked a cracker) so am only just finding out that Orazio Fantasia had a good game. Great stuff for the Norwood lad, best name in the competition by many miles.

Can't wait til Sunday boy oh boy wowee

Brendan Bolton officially the new coach of Carlton. Poor bloke. This will tarnish his reputation which was earned last year. He will become angry and bitter.

All he does is win. :dance:

He's going to have to get used to losing.

Geelong are done. Incredible decade for them with so many finals series and three flags to boot, but what makes this league so special is that successful periods aren't eternal and all great sides have an expiry date. May they spend the best part of the next 5-10 years missing finals, and then come back and win a couple more flags, with new Enrights, Johnsons and Bartels.

But my, these Collingwood fans are noisy about last night. Clearly have already forgotten about the demolition job they received against Richmond on that glorious Saturday afternoon.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Brisbane play good first quarters.

Other quarters? What other quarters?

Normally if I were on the fence about going to a gig and saw it clashed with Essendon vs Richmond I would stay home. This year it's justification to go out.

But hey at least we lead at quarter time! Wonder how long that will last...

Pods kicked 11.6 in the SANFL today. 20.7 in the past fortnight. Old guy still has a bit left in him.

Can't wait for finals. Every team in the eight can probably beat every other team on their day.

Probably with the exception of North. I think Freo might start to worry given their comparative lack of firepower.

Probably with the exception of North. I think Freo might start to worry given their comparative lack of firepower.

North gonna North, but now I don't know if that means they will choke or if they will upset a fancied opponent.

I don't really give a shit about missing finals. In fact I'm happy. We would have been obliterated week one anyway. It's more this is the really really real end of an era.

I really don't know why people are acting outraged about Freo, North, etc. resting players for the final round. It's perfectly normal list management in sports worldwide. The greater outrage would be if a bunch of Freo players were injured in a completely meaningless match.

Yeah. I might have been outraged in years gone by but it doesn't really bother me now. Seems a smart idea. And kinda stupid that Freo had to get permission from the AFL to do it.

It's extremely common in North American sports. In fact, to field your best team with your best possible playoff spot already on lock is often considered illogical, though there are differing schools of thought on the matter.

An Australian man compared a team I root for in a different sport in America to the AFL's Western Bulldogs. What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom