AFL Thread. James Hird Does a Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even watching and I can tell this is unbearable.

This is going to be a bad year.

The joy that I get from now having Dangerfield, knowing how shitty Vlad will be all year, after he played what is close to a perfect game barring giving away a free and missing a few goals, is just immense.

Great first round, best sport in the world.

The joy that I get from now having Dangerfield, knowing how shitty Vlad will be all year, after he played what is close to a perfect game barring giving away a free and missing a few goals, is just immense.

Great first round, best sport in the world.

You'd be shitty too if your best player fucked off to his little Moggs Creek cult after the hardest year in his former club's history. He deserves no respect.

Anyway, the AFL have essentially guaranteed a finals spot for Geelong with that piss easy draw whilst we get close to the hardest.

Naturally you'd be saying it's a great first round when your team has been talked up shitloads for the last 6 months.

Don't know what Hawthorn were playing at by not bothering to tag him anyway.

Anyway, hard to get excited about footy, feels like we've been set up to fail and that this year is already a write off with our draw. Doesn't help that we squandered our first match. Will be staying away from most football media.

Last edited:
I'm excited about footy and my side is probably going to land no higher than 16th.

It's a fun spectator sport whether there's anything to be optimistic about or not.

Yeah, I'm excited about footy being back and look at what team I support - not to mention the appallingly dismal first round showing of my second team, the men in purple, too. But I guess I got into it as a spectator sport long before I chose a team, and have had to largely revert to that attitude over recent seasons anyway.

I'm not usually fond of the Collingwood supporter stereotypes, but having UPF banners at the game tonight really does not help.

Wanted Richmond to pull through, if only to make our surprisingly respectable performance last round look less fluky. Ah well.

It seems fitting that game was played on April Fool's Day.

Anti-Muslim banner at a Collingwood game.

Fucking imagine my surprise.

Let's see how the worst NRL team retali....oh, wait the worst NRL team has a big Muslim supporter base.

Overall, fuck Collingwood.

I don't think it's fair to talk about Collingwood in this case, at least seriously. A joke, sure. but these were UPF dickheads; I'd be very doubtful there even remotely football fans.

Too busy laughing and gasping for air. :lol:

I never expected to see Port so listless.

...And it's gone.

When was the last time the Dees started a season 2-0? Can't let that happen.

Not really enjoying the new umpire trend of calling short kicks from kickouts 'not 15', even if they might even be 30m.

Melbourne's uniforms are ugly without any blue on them. They look like a less iconic version of the Swans' red and white with an overly convoluted logo stamped on the front.

They also are about to lose to Essendon. Boy, GWS must feel like shit right about now. That was a totally winnable match for them.

We won! We won! I can't believe we actually held our nerve and pulled it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom