Adam Today: Vertigo Milan Likely Canceled and Popmart DVD in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really surprising to me. Vertigo Milan would have been much better than Chicago, for it was outdoors, with a crowd that cares, and later in the tour when they figured it all out. I'm actually really disappointed. POPMart was coming sooner or later. But at the expense of Vertigo Milan?

2007 will see the release of the IMAX from Buenos Aires. Three videos from one tour seems excessive - it could be related to that.

Worst news possible DVD wise.

I wanted Popmart when u2 retired now we dont a decent vertigo stadium show.

edit: let's hope Adam is just as accurate on this one as he probably is about the album release date :sexywink:

Last edited:
vaz02 said:
Worst news possible DVD wise.

I wanted Popmart when u2 retired now we dont a decent vertigo stadium show.

I have a feeling they'll end up releasing Buenos Aires or whatever 4th Leg show that was filmed on a DVD / IMAX release.

Popmart is amazing news :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I have a feeling they'll end up releasing Buenos Aires or whatever 4th Leg show that was filmed on a DVD / IMAX release.

That makes more business sense- they can get both box office plus DVD sales revenue from the same video.

I think the Buenos Aires IMAX movie will be better than the Milan DVD. I think they put that one out because it was probably more professional and such...

I remember reading somewhere that the Milan footage, the band wasn't happy about...

theu2fly said:
I think the Buenos Aires IMAX movie will be better than the Milan DVD. I think they put that one out because it was probably more professional and such...

I remember reading somewhere that the Milan footage, the band wasn't happy about...

and they were happy with chicago lol

vaz02 said:

and they were happy with chicago lol

Perhaps the band just wanted to release 1 DVD per tour now instead... perhaps with the Elevation tour, they thought it was too much, 2 shows, 2 venues...

Z00rop@83 said:
considering its been almost 10 yrs since popmart, and vertigo isnt even over yet.....fans can wait a bit for Milan....:madspit:

u2 dont wanna over kill the old tours yet though however they dont wanna kill the vertigo tour with a new DVD.

How about a Best of u2 Live DVD ? Then we could add popmart , vertigo , red rocks etc etc. Then we all win.

Maybe they will record one of the shows from November or December with some new Rick Rubin session songs on it (to go along with the just released album of course) and release it next fall. One can hope.

I bet they'll release Milan the next time a Christmas comes around with nothing else to release. :wink:

the performance of City of Blinding Lights from the Love U2 video that came with the new iPod was not very good. the IMAX movie will be great, maybe film a show down under or in Hawaii. . .

is anybody really going to complain about a Popmart dvd??:drool:

Bah, there's already a splendid fan DVD from Buenos Aires. :madspit:

I bet U2 are just afraid that the Milan DVD will look pale compared to the South American fan DVDs. :tsk:

i seem to remember that you weren't too excited about the chicago dvd yourself.

discothequeLP said:
the performance of City of Blinding Lights from the Love U2 video that came with the new iPod was not very good. the IMAX movie will be great, maybe film a show down under or in Hawaii. . .

is anybody really going to complain about a Popmart dvd??:drool:

CAN anybody really complain about a Popmart dvd? :drool: x10

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom