Adam should be the spokesman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
I can't stand Bono..... when he talks.

He is so obnoxious and arrogant. Every time U2 accepts an award, he sounds like an A-hole.

Edge is cool, but he seems a bit boring when he talks. Larry is so private that he hates the spotlight anyway.

But Adam is the coolest guy in rock. Whenever he speaks, he is so articulate and scholarly. When he speaks, he makes sense. In every interview that he does, I am SO impressed by him.

From now on, whenever U2 goes on talk shows or awards shows and have to talk, Adam should be the only guy talking. I think many people who hate U2 will really come to respect U2 if Adam talks for the band.

Okay, I am going to upset these PLEBA people for bashing Bono. I love Bono as a performer. The emotion and the passion when he performs is riveting. But he is so arrogant and obnoxious, it's embarrassing to me. I really love Bono, but he makes me cringe all the time.

No offense, but how is he arrogant or obnoxious? I'm not trying to put a guy up on the pedestal...well yea I am. But before you go spewing your shite over the tix fiasco and blaming Bono why don't you think before you speak. Look at all the stuff he has done with the world. Yea he's a rock star but everyone is putting him into this god like position that if he does one thing wrong..they say oh what a bastard he is...blah blah blah. Maybe I'm not making sense here I don't know but ....forget it. I'm not going to bother speaking about this right now because you just seriously pissed me off.:madspit:

:ohmy:

BLASPHEMY.

Stinks for you. Bono's the man ;) :bono: :love:

I'm sure he's done more for the world than you have. I don't see how he's so "arrogant and obnoxious".

Last edited:
Edge has a very dry sense of humor. I suppose if you don't get it, he'd seem boring. :shrug: Have you seen/heard his Grammy speeches? They're the best!

As for Bono, I like when he speaks. He's the lead singer, people recognize him first so you'll see him the most.

Ask the majortiy of people who Adam Clayton is and they won't know. But they will know Bono.

And as much as I love him, Adam's no scholar when he speaks.

I love Bono's ability to express himself with words! Maybe joe hasn't payed any attention to his speeches? He doesn't sound like an arsehole, he sounds like someone passionate for what he believes. :drool:

Joha_U2 said:
:ohmy:

BLASPHEMY.

I'm sure he's done more for the world than you have. I don't see how he's so "arrogant and obnoxious".

'We are the best band in the world'

;)

For the record, I am in agreement with Bono being a cocky bastard. I have a thing for cocky bastards. :shifty::mac:

I'm not agreeing with the asshole comment.

Last edited:
Adam has his moments of being funny in some of the interviews I have but for the most part I don't feel that he ever has much to say. :shrug:

Personally I'd take an Edge speech over a Bono speech anyday but I still :heart: Bono!

Bono is rather cocky, but what do you expect from the lead singer? Edgette has a point about Edge, his humor is much more dry, but it is there. Larry, when he bothers, is brillant. Just because he doesn't want to share the details of his life, doesn't make him any less interesting or important. Adam has his place, as well.

But, it's you're opinion and you're welcome to it. Just don't insult Bono's hair. That's when, well, nevermind. Just don't do it.

I agree. Adam doesn't trumph things up the way Bono does. Many times we see posted "Bono said it though, lets wait until we hear it from Edge / Adam / Larry / Paul McGuinness / U2.com" .

etc.

*runs and hides from this thread*

Last edited:
ylimeU2 said:

But, it's you're opinion and you're welcome to it. Just don't insult Bono's hair. That's when, well, nevermind. Just don't do it.

The Bono girls would have your head. Actually, that would be pretty amusing. :hmm:

beli said:
I agree. Adam doesn't trumph things up the way Bono does. Many times we see posted "Bono said it though, lets wait until we hear it from Edge / Adam / Larry / Paul McGuinness / U2.com" .

etc.

*runs and hides from this thread8

When Larry says it, you know it's true. :up:

Souly said:

Pfft. It's all about Larry, babe. All about the drooms. :larry:

On second thought, forget Adam and Larry and Bono.

It's all about the female orgasmatron. And therefore, it's all about the Edge.

No its not :mad:

Adams the man.

Larry is reliable and brilliantly funny when he does speak.

Edge is sensible.

Bono is full of shit, er, huff and bluster.

Adam is honest. I loved it when he said he doesn't want an Ipod :up:

beli said:
No its not :mad:

Adams the man.

Larry is reliable and brilliantly funny when he does speak.

Edge is sensible.

Bono is full of shit, er, huff and bluster.

Adam is honest. I loved it when he said he doesn't want an Ipod :up:

And Adam is the keeper of the fifth member.

Back
Top Bottom