Acoustic Lemon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
I was thinking the other day how I don't think we'll ever hear Lemon again live. And this is a very sad fact as it's got a very good melody and wonderful lyrics. And then I imagined what it would sound like if Bono sang it an octave down, in a range which he could still hit easily. And whilst imagining his voice deeper, the music changed in my mind. Imagine Lemon being played acoustic (kinda like Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?), slower than the original. I think that would be absolutely beautiful.

Just a thought I wanted to share.

Not a big fan of any U2 song done acoustic, however this idea sounds interesting. However Lemon live from Zooropa is so out of this world that I'd love to see it full band again, but I cant imagine it being sung by anybody other than MacPhisto.

I bloody hate almost everything U2 has done acoustic, but I'd nonetheless be intrigued by an acoustic Lemon.

he's just being deliberately difficult. :wink:

acoustic lemon would be pretty cool but i'd still love to hear it full band again, perhaps with The Edge singing the lead.

Aardvark747 said:

Even Stay?:sad:

ESPECIALLY Stay. I think that is probably the worst of the acoustic songs. I can't stand to listen to it. I'll occasionally listen through something like Desire, but Stay (and SATS) lacks any form of life acoustically.

Acoustic Stay is good if you haven't got any sleeping pills handy.

I'm not sure if I'd like an acoustic Lemon...it's an interesting idea, but for me, the thing that makes Lemon so great is the bass line and the phaser guitar. If it was done acoustic, those two key elements (for me, at least) would be sorely missed.

I'm not sure how well an acoustic Lemon would work, that too in a lower register instead of falsetto, but can't say I'm not curious!

Acoustic Stay is mostly a snoozer like Gibby said. Zooropa's album version kicks it's ass.

Well I haven't heard an acoustic version yet that I've not liked so go for it. I can't imagine how it'd sound though.

Gotta love the division here. Some people love it, some people hate it. What if it was done with Edge on acoustic guitar, Adam on normal bass, and Larry on normal drums, sorta like a ZooTV acousitc Stay/Angel Of Harlem.

the tourist said:
What if it was done with Edge on acoustic guitar, Adam on normal bass, and Larry on normal drums, sorta like a ZooTV acousitc Stay/Angel Of Harlem.

I'd be curious enough to want to hear it once, but I doubt I'd ever want to hear it again after that. :wink:

Axver said:

I'd be curious enough to want to hear it once, but I doubt I'd ever want to hear it again after that. :wink:

I know how you'd be happy with Lemon! If they played a 22 minute live version complete with crazy guitar solos, keyboard solos, and Bono singing as high as he did, only not in falsetto. :p

the tourist said:

I know how you'd be happy with Lemon! If they played a 22 minute live version complete with crazy guitar solos, keyboard solos, and Bono singing as high as he did, only not in falsetto. :p

:drool:

WINNER.

:combust:

xaviMF22 said:

:|

if anything the falsetto is what makes this song:drool: :drool:

I call myself to Zooropa what Axver is to Achtung Baby. :wink: I only like 3 Zooropa songs on the album. (Zooropa, Stay, and The First Time - with Dirty Day, a shitty song on the album, being number 4 live).

Lemon would have been great if not for the falsetto, in my opinion. I'd have loved it normally sung by Bono. The falsetto was overkill though.

mandrake said:
Might be interesting... To bad Bono can't hit high notes anymore.

Edge can always help out.

I don't see them doing Lemon acoustic, or that it would work. That said, I liked their Zoo TV "acoustic" set, and afterwards SATS, SBS, Stay, Please and Original on piano.

Last edited:
You know, Lemon was one of the very first U2 songs I ever heard, and this was years and years before I really became a fan, so I have to wonder, if I was already a fan before hearing Lemon for the first time, if I'd have liked it at all :hmm:

I can almost hear an acoustic Lemon in my head, and I don't think it's too crazy of an idea. I think it could work, but I don't know if I'd really like it.

Then again, the other day I came up with the idea for a slow, acoustic Mofo (insane, I know). And I could really hear it in my head. It sounds like a southern spiritual, and a little bit jazzy. I might even record myself singing it that way :lol:

Back
Top Bottom