Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all made that assumption. I tweeted to U2.com's account, though I've never actually seen them respond to anything. So hope they will this time.

Here's the list i came up with of recordings not included on the Super and Uber Deluxe editions. I excluded anything that was promo only, like 3 Lemon remixes, and didn't count the Zoo TV Sydney fan club CD recordings. In some cases, some of the remixes are only shorter edits of other remixes, but I included them anyway. Also, some of these remixes appeared on later singles, like the Dirty Day remixes being released on the Please single. These remixes may have been done back in 1993 during the Achtung-Zooropa era or later on, but the U2 portion of the remixes dates to this era.

Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
Night and Day original version released in 1990
Even Better than the Real Thing (Sexy Dub Mix)
Even Better than the Real Thing (Apollo 440 vs. U2 Instrumental Remix)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Edit)
Numb (Video Remix)
Lemon (Oakenfold Jeep Mix)
Lemon (Morales Bad Yard Club Version Dub)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Mix)
Lemon (Edit)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Edit)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Short Mix)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Even Shorter)
Stay (Faraway So Close) (Soundtrack Mix)
The Wanderer (Soundtrack Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day)
Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss)
Slow Dancing
Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) (Zoo Station Remix)
Even Better than the Real Thing (Live from Dublin, August 28, 1993)
The Fly (Live from "Stop Sellafield")
Even Better than the Real Thing (Live from "Stop Sellafield")
Until the End of the World (Studio Version II)
Until the End of the World (Live from San Diego, November 10, 1992)
Bullet the Blue Sky (Live from Dublin, August 28, 1993)
Love is Blindness (Live from New York, August 30, 1992)
Mysterious Ways (Remixed by Massive Attack)
Salome (Zooromancer Remix Edit)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix - Edit)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix - Best of Edit)
Numb (Best of Mix)
Satellite of Love (Live, Irving, TX, 1992)

The album's gotta be re-mastered, it's the one album they had that really needed it, and to put it out back out there without it would be pretty shoddy.

I understand it, and I would assume they're remastered. But it's just so odd to me that nowhere is actually stated that it's a remastered version. Why would you not put that up when it's something that could help you sell even more?

Dude. You actually have a point.

Damn. Not Universal, nor Amazon, nor U2.com actually uses the word remastered. Nowhere does it say the audio is remastered... :huh:

Universal:

Amazon:

U2.com

It's a slight waste to me if the audio's not remastered. And with all this, I assume it will be. I was looking forward to hearing the "remastered" albums. :drool: Hope they clarify it.

Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
Night and Day original version released in 1990
Even Better than the Real Thing (Sexy Dub Mix)
Even Better than the Real Thing (Apollo 440 vs. U2 Instrumental Remix)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (The Temple Bar Edit)
Numb (Video Remix)
Lemon (Oakenfold Jeep Mix)
Lemon (Morales Bad Yard Club Version Dub)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Mix)
Lemon (Edit)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Edit)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Short Mix)
Lemon (Bad Yard Club Even Shorter)
Stay (Faraway So Close) (Soundtrack Mix)
The Wanderer (Soundtrack Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day)
Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss)
Slow Dancing
Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) (Zoo Station Remix)
Even Better than the Real Thing (Live from Dublin, August 28, 1993)
The Fly (Live from "Stop Sellafield")
Even Better than the Real Thing (Live from "Stop Sellafield")
Until the End of the World (Studio Version II)
Until the End of the World (Live from San Diego, November 10, 1992)
Bullet the Blue Sky (Live from Dublin, August 28, 1993)
Love is Blindness (Live from New York, August 30, 1992)
Mysterious Ways (Remixed by Massive Attack)
Salome (Zooromancer Remix Edit)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix - Edit)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix - Best of Edit)
Numb (Best of Mix)
Satellite of Love (Live, Irving, TX, 1992)

Too much stuff left out of this box

They could add the best of these tracks on CDs (after all I'm pretty sure there's still room on those 3 CDs of rarities -not counting the 4th one, Baby AB) and the rest as Audio somewhere on the DVDs :wave:

Well done Hallup. However, they don't have to please every Internet dweeb with their releases. They are already kind enough to us arcane folks.

Very true. I already own all of these recordings on CD, vinyl, cassette in a couple of cases and the Numb VHS for that Numb Video Mix. I'd rather they had dropped some of the remixes they are giving us and got songs like Slow Dancing instead, though.

They are including the remix of Can't Help Falling In Love, which is not a U2 release. Even though it's on a U2 single, the packaging indicates that it is officially a Bono solo recording. If they are including solo recordings, they could include the original Can't Help recording from the Honeymoon In Vegas soundtrack, or they could include the Automatic Baby recording on One from 1/93 that's been on some compilations.

Maybe they'll remaster AB for real in five years with an Super Uber version that comes inside of its own storage unit.

It's not remastered. I have it on good authority they just stuck a microphone in front of Edge's boom box as it played his 1991 cassette copy. Which he dubbed from Adam.

I assume it is remastered as well, but it's just weird that in none of the wording it was included. And that is a key word that would not be easily left out...

Haven't they been banging on about the remastering? Hasn't it been happening in LA or something? There's no way this isn't remastered, surely.

The official description also fails to mention the discs aren't coated in a fast-acting neurotoxin. Kind of important information.

I'm fairly sure it will be a remastered CD, anything else wouldn't make sense. Most, if not all, re-issues include remastered CD. I don't think U2, Edge especially, would allow an album to be re-issued after 20 years without having it remastered. It hasn't even appeared to me that these may NOT be remastered albums until I came into this thread. Since there are many details lacking and there is still some time until this release becomes reality, I am sure they'll add more details.

I don't care about any of the remixes, but I'm excited about the unreleased stuff. And what the hell are those "baby" versions supposed to be? Love that there are "Uber" and "Unter" remixes.

However, if it turns out to be true that these albums are indeed NOT remastered, they better bring out this documentary on a separate DVD, because this will be the only thing I'll be purchasing in that case :lol:

Haven't they been banging on about the remastering? Hasn't it been happening in LA or something? There's no way this isn't remastered, surely.

I know that, and I know that it'll be very likely to be the remastered version. But what I'm wondering about is why it's not actually mentioned anywhere.

However, if it turns out to be true that these albums are indeed NOT remastered, they better bring out this documentary on a separate DVD, because this will be the only thing I'll be purchasing in that case :lol:

It would be nice, but they'll probably keep it up there along with the DVDs .

I wonder if the "baby" AB CD isn't so much demos or early versions but a full performance of the album by the band in studio ? We know they did The Fly and So cruel.

edit
It’s long been expected that the next installment in U2’s ongoing reissue campaign would be the band’s landmark 1991 album Achtung Baby, and today we received some confirmation — via indie rocker/producer John Vanderslice, of all people — that it’s in the works.
This afternoon, Vanderslice tweeted that he was at a Los Angeles studio with engineer Bernie Grundman, mastering his new album with the Magik*Magik Orchestra, before announcing, “They’re remastering Achtung Baby in next room!!” (Shortly afterward, he added, “Any suggestions for witty opening salvos to drop on U2 crew when I barge in on Achtung Baby remastering session?” Charles

It is a remaster.

Not sure if this has been asked but will they include the stuff on the "Axtung Beibi"/"Salome" outtakes?

It wouldn't be worth that much money if none of that stuff didn't appear.

I haven't read the whole thread, but here's my 3 cents:

1. £385? Nope, not buying that. Might end up buying the £105 version, but damnit that's still hugely expensive.

2. I've noticed it does not say it's remastered anywhere . Which is kinda odd...
I'm sure it's remastered, and that they've just screwed up on the announcement.
If it's not remastered i'm not buying it.

3. The Sydney DVD. Surely they've got tons of video material from that era laying around, but instead we're all buying the Sydney DVD again. Meh.

So if it's Sydney, From the sky down (surely a reference to the price of the UBER package) and "videos" (official videos for AB singles ? that VHS tape?), what do you all think is that mystery DVD 4 ?

Hopefully loaded with some live footage...

Not sure if this has been asked but will they include the stuff on the "Axtung Beibi"/"Salome" outtakes?

It wouldn't be worth that much money if none of that stuff didn't appear.

well, heaven and hell is on it so the answer is yes to one of your trax. oh, yeah, blow your house down is on it too. as far as the other titles, we will have to hear them first I guess to know if all of them are from the outtakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom