Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part IV/Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i'd like to hear the album to see the difference!

You're probably best of waiting for your own copy then. I doubt you can hear much difference in mp3s. If they were ripped as FLACs, then it'd be possible. but I think the tracks passed around are mp3.

You're probably best of waiting for your own copy then. I doubt you can hear much difference in mp3s. If they were ripped as FLACs, then it'd be possible. but I think the tracks passed around are mp3.

Yeah you're right but the JT remastered sounded good in mp3... oh wait, AB is not remastered! I've forgotten :doh:....

:wink:

just listened to Heaven and Hell through my cell phone speaker during lunch. sounds good. vocals are polished so no more Bono screaming "F!" directing a chord change. it was hard to tell if it was 2011 or 1991 Bono singing because i wasn't listening on good speakers.

I think the unreleased tracks are 2011 Bono. Sounds so good.

Wish they had re-recorded the entire album and released it with his voice now.

Does anyone think, like me, that internet ruins everything? The sound of music, the wait for a new album, the surprise! The heart pulse speeding while going to the Virgin Megastore to buy the album etc... It's sad all this leaking.... All the hard work from artists thrown up to the pigs...

nesquick said:
Does anyone think, like me, that internet ruins everything? The sound of music, the wait for a new album, the surprise! The heart pulse speeding while going to the Virgin Megastore to buy the album etc... It's sad all this leaking.... All the hard work from artists thrown up to the pigs...

I'm too young to know what you're talking about, so I can't make comparisons. But I can say that I'm excited as hell just by this.

No, because I am just as excited for new albums as I ever was. But I just get to hear the new stuff earlier.

For me the internet has made music better. It's so much easier to find new interesting music. It's ridiculously easier to get bootlegs. Hell, I have video bootlegs of nearly every U2 show I've gone to the past 2 years. It's also easier to connect with fans.

Yeah, kinda...but it's also cool in a different way...I don't feel bad, 'cos I'm picking up 2 editions of this release...:up:

I can't stop listening to "Baby" Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

The lyrics are all different...and Bono sings the chorus differently....sounds so good. The bridge also sounds a lot better on this version than on the original song, in my opinion....Might be my favorite "Baby" version yet... :drool:

Yeah, kinda...but it's also cool in a different way...I don't feel bad, 'cos I'm picking up 2 editions of this release...:up:

Exactly. it's cool for those who can't get the music until much later, or those who don't have the money right now. Most of us are going to pick up one version or another of this baby anyway.

Then again, I'm not listening because I don't want to ruin the surprise for myself. So I guess it's a matter of choice.

There's an easy solution to that:

power_button.jpg

there's a guy on twitter saying the kindergarten album is the best thing he's ever heard! I'm so excited about this one..

A whole day of nonstop work (yes, it's a holiday here, which makes it even worse) and I'm missing all the fun. :shifty:

Just visited the Music on the Internet thread, I think I would like to have some Kindergarten now :D

Reggae Baby

After listening to the Baby TTTYAATW and Everybody loves a Winner I am convinced U2 should do a Reggae album.

No, I'm not kidding.

F--k relevance.

(also consider the Rub-a-Dublin version of DTYGTTown.)

Same thing for movies, i watched DRIVE on my tv, a great movie, and i feel guilty to have not moved my arse to the theatre... My no1 dream as a teen was to let me take everything i want in a music store! Now that's happening since 10 years now, it doesn't feel as good...
i haven't buy the Coldplay album this week! Shame on me! i've got all the others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom