Abbey Road Week One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
according to this article I got from atu2.com

U2 can walk across Abbey Road, Bono
Last updated at 16:56pm on 14th September 2006

It is the iconic shot for the album Abbey Road which has been copied
by thousands of Beatles fans. But this time, the fans re-enacting the
famous walk outside the Abbey Road studios can say they know a bit
about music themselves.

Bono and U2 were joined by American rockers Green Day for a photo
opportunity while the two bands recorded a duet together. And on hand
to catch the moment on video was Bob Geldof, who was filming
proceedings in the studio.

The studio was the birthplace to most of the Beatles records, and
countless other classic albums from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the
Moon to Radiohead's Kid A.

According to U2's website the two bands will re-record a version of
The Skids' 1978 post-punk classic The Saints Are Coming.

The track should be featured on the album which the Irish supergroup
have been recording at the famous studios during the past week.

looks like that song might be on their new album according to this.. Not holding my breath tho...:huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

U2 can walk across Abbey Road, Bono
Last updated at 16:56pm on 14th September 2006

It is the iconic shot for the album Abbey Road which has been copied
by thousands of Beatles fans. But this time, the fans re-enacting the
famous walk outside the Abbey Road studios can say they know a bit
about music themselves.

Bono and U2 were joined by American rockers Green Day for a photo
opportunity while the two bands recorded a duet together. And on hand
to catch the moment on video was Bob Geldof, who was filming
proceedings in the studio.

The studio was the birthplace to most of the Beatles records, and
countless other classic albums from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the
Moon to Radiohead's Kid A.

According to U2's website the two bands will re-record a version of
The Skids' 1978 post-punk classic The Saints Are Coming.

looks like that song might be on their new album according to this.. Not holding my breath tho...:huh:

:eek: :( :mad:

I don't want Green Day on a U2 album. I really don't. I listen to U2 so I don't have to listen to Green Day. :|

u2greenday.gif

LemonMelon said:

:eek: :( :mad:

I don't want Green Day on a U2 album. I really don't. I listen to U2 so I don't have to listen to Green Day. :|

if it happens to be on the album I kinda think that it will be U2's version of the song without Greenday. It's possible that they recorded a few versions of the song itself..

Interesting about the photo shoot. I think when Abbey Road was mentioned here a month or two ago, some people wrote it off as "just another studio". Clearly there is some Beatles vibe going on with McCartney dropping by and the shoot.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
with the performance coming on a Monday Night Football game and all, and it being for a US charity, and US singles/albums come out on tuesday's...

:hmm:

i wonder if the proper studio recording of "the saints are coming" will be available on iTunes on the 26th...

:drool: :drool: :faint:

how cool would that be... I will frantically checking itunes all day next week..:wink:

Can't wait to here this song. I also can't believe the rumors about a new single in September turned out to be 100% true. :eek:

looks like u2 and GreenDay's performance will be streamed live via rhapsody.com and will be made available for downloading through their site following the game/performance..

In addition to the live broadcast, Rhapsody will offer a live
streaming audio webcast of the entire Monday Night Football pre-game
show featuring U2 and Green Day via www.rhapsody. com. Shortly after
the event, fans will have the ability to buy a download from U2 and
Green Day's performance via Rhapsody. All net proceeds will go
directly to Music Rising. Both the exclusive Music Rising charity
track and select exclusive footage from the performance will be
available for a limited time via www.rhapsody. com/musicrising. A
simultaneous radio broadcast offered to radio stations by Westwood
One worldwide will encourage solidarity across the globe for the
people of New Orleans and the efforts to rebuild from destruction.
Westwood One is providing the broadcast on a non-exclusive and
uninterrupted basis.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

There's a chance it won't be on the album. That article that atu2.com quoted is from PRNewswire. It's a press release service, but who knows what camp the press release came from---U2, Green Day, Music Rising, someone else altogether. It's very possible that that final line is an assumption by whoever wrote it---especially as it sounds so generic. Just a thought.

Bono wearing a suit? I haven't seen him wearing a nice shirt since the October Tour!

I always laugh when it is "Bono and U2" as opposed to U2.

The rumours, anticipation, and updates are sometime even better than the real thing. The next several months are going to be so much fun! :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

celebhights.com has billy joe armstrong listed at 5'7", bono is listed at 5'6 1/2", larry is listed at 5'7"

eddie vedder's also 5'7"... something about short rock stars

conan o'brien on the other hand is listed as 6'4"... he'd kick all three of their asses :wink:

:lmao:

Originally posted by jay canseco
The rumours, anticipation, and updates are sometime even better than the real thing. The next several months are going to be so much fun! :wink:

foreplay :drool:

Sicy said:

He is now aging backwards again :up:

My life is complete.

It's actually pretty amazing---he looks like 10 years younger without the grease-mullet. :larry: :up:

Lila64 said:
Bono wasn't barefoot now, was he :eyebrow: :shifty:

I kind of wish that he was---it'd be so cool. I bet he didn't because he didn't want it to be a total copy. :shrug: If I ever take that picture, though, I'm definitely going shoeless!

This single wont be on the new album I'm sure. I doubt they would put a cover version on the new album. It's a charity single so I think it will just exist in its own right, not part of a U2 album. Possibly it will be on an album with other cover versions and collaborations.

An Cat Gav said:
This single wont be on the new album I'm sure. I doubt they would put a cover version on the new album. It's a charity single so I think it will just exist in its own right, not part of a U2 album. Possibly it will be on an album with other cover versions and collaborations.
:yes: The comment about it being on the new album only appears to come from the Daily Mail article, a paper not renowned for accuracy in it's reporting :wink:

An Cat Gav said:

By that i don't mean an album full of U2 collaborations and cover versions, that would be terrible!! I mean the typical charity album where a couple of famous artists and a few that nobody has ever heard of do a cover version each and put out an album.

Back
Top Bottom