a question for the guys (i know you all read pleba...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
ok, i was reading through the "do you think you're pretty" thread, and i was thinking to myself...

self, why do you bother with this culture and society...the world is pretty messed up (read: depressing and evil)...and people care so much what they look like that they'll wake up 2 hours early to do their hair, or spend obscene amounts of money for clothing that they'll seldom wear...what's wrong with this world?

so here's my question...when you are interested in dating someone...how important are looks to your decision to ask them out? i mean, is it only at first, the attraction.......or is it a constant turn on.........

inquiring minds would like to know..............

(for the girls.........how much time do you spend getting ready in the morning? what do you usually wear? do you think it's important to look your best to feel good?)

here's my answers...

i spend 10 minutes getting ready in the morning...i roll out of bed and throw the nearest pair of jeans and comfy tshirt on, or sweatshirt in the winter.....i think that clothing is only meant to cover....why bother showing off what you're trying to cover? i go for comfort all the way.....

my motto: if someone's not going to like me because i don't dress "trendy" or curl my hair.....they're not worth my time.....

Well on a day when I'm working I can get ready in about 5 minutes cos when you have my job there is no need to look good. :D
If I'm going out I can get ready in about half an hour. Hardly any time is spent on make up and clothes though. It takes ages to try and calm down my wayward hair. OK if I'm honest probably more like 45 mins.

u should have posted this in lem stand stories
i think it would get more boy responses there

i have to admit i spend at least an hour getting ready in the morning and longer if im going out. but im just slow and my hair takes forever to dry.
you should count yourself lucky stories, you prolly take that small amount of time cause you dont need any fixing up!

Some mornings i wake up, look in the mirror and think i need to get orpah's make over crew in to do the job.

I'm a natural girl and I never liked makeup. I only wear it on weddings or something fancy, which I don't go to much. Sometimes I wear just a little lipstick and nothing else. I have never messed with my hair. It's just long and straight and I just brush it and go or maybe put it in a ponytail sometimes. I'd hate to have a hairdo that had to be primped with and curled all the time, or worse hairsprayed! I hate hairspray! So I can get ready in about 10 minutes.

It depends on how much I feel like dressing up. If I'm being lazy I just throw something on and pull my hair back.

If I feel like being all "dolled up" I spend about 20 on my hair (it never wants to cooperate), and ten minutes on makeup and 15 minutes on deciding what to wear.

If I'm just lying around the house all day I won't bother too much, but even when I get "fixed up" for work or something, it usually doesn't take much more than a half an hour. I wear makeup, but just a little bit.

My 18-year-old brother takes longer to get ready than I do!

it takes me about 10 minutes to shave, and 10 minutes to shower. i exfoliate my face...brush my teeth...and spray mineral oil on my hair--great for frizzies!!!!...and brush it out.

i put some make up on (mascara, eye shadow and lipstick)

and that's it when it's really hot, and tanned/burnt.

winter is another story, cos i'm so freaking white.

I have some wacked out skin allergies so I put about four different things on it... when I'm not being lazy.
Like today all I put on it was aloe gel cos I'm burned like a mofo.
Anyway, so it makes my getting ready time longer than most. I'll wear makeup when the mood strikes me but I don't really mess with my hair. Brush it. Boo on blowdrying too.
If I'm going somewhere with like.. PEOPLE... about 15 minutes'll do me.

I think having to put on makeup every day is a TOTAL drag....but I do it anyway. I have a job where I have to look really presentable.....I look OK without makeup, but unfortunately, much better with it.

I have a very minimalist every day look, I'd say it takes me about 1/2 hour to get ready. Actually......going out somewhere that I have to look really good takes only about 5 mins more...just more nuanced makeup.

I don't wear make up too often but when I do it take about 5-10 depending on the occasion.
My hair is a different story all together I have naturally CURLY hair so it can take a while to tame it or else I look like I stuck my finger in a light socket.
Aas far as clothes go right now I will wear any thing that fits!

Autumn454 said:
I'm a natural girl and I never liked makeup. I only wear it on weddings or something fancy, which I don't go to much. Sometimes I wear just a little lipstick and nothing else. I have never messed with my hair. It's just long and straight and I just brush it and go or maybe put it in a ponytail sometimes. I'd hate to have a hairdo that had to be primped with and curled all the time, or worse hairsprayed! I hate hairspray! So I can get ready in about 10 minutes.

I won't bother writing an answer because it's exactly the same as this for me. I think my hair looks much better down, so I hardly ever wear it up. I hardly ever wear makeup either, and I'm so used to it like this that whenever I put any on I always think I look really strange :laugh: :huh:

Stories for Boys said:
here's my answers...

i spend 10 minutes getting ready in the morning...i roll out of bed and throw the nearest pair of jeans and comfy tshirt on, or sweatshirt in the winter.....i think that clothing is only meant to cover....why bother showing off what you're trying to cover? i go for comfort all the way.....

my motto: if someone's not going to like me because i don't dress "trendy" or curl my hair.....they're not worth my time.....

All I got to say to that is ditto!:tongue:

Stories for Boys said:

(for the girls.........how much time do you spend getting ready in the morning? what do you usually wear? do you think it's important to look your best to feel good?)

Laura, I think you know my answers to this, LOL, but for those who don't don't have the privilege :sexywink: of seeing me in the flesh on a daily basis:

time getting ready = put on swim suit, boxers, tank top, brush teeth, insert contacts, wash face, apply eye liner if I feel like it, put unbrushed hair into new ponytail. I think that is about 10 minutes. For work and weekends, I have said routine and I wear a swim suit everyday cus the kids I watch swim everyday. For church or going out I might put on a little more make up if I feel like it. I never brush my hair, joost wash and condition once a day, LOL, that's all it needs. oh, fyi, my hair has been in the same ponytail since.......yesterday morning i believe, its 9 pm now
*reminds self to shower*

My daily attire consists of either this light pair of draw string khakis or my blank gym shorts and a random tank top. feet = always sandals/ flip flops. The only jewelry I wear is a single shell on a black cord around my neck which I've been wearing since I started high school, and a toe ring on each foot. I don't even have my ears pierced, my DAD is the ONLY person in my family w/ a piercing, bwahaha!

Do i think its important to look my best to feel good? well, i dunno b/c I do the same thing w/ myself everyday so it's never really better one day from the next besides where I have a zit or sunburn, LOL. I feel good b/c I get enough sleep, I am active w/ the kids during the day, and bike every night. To be honest, I'm a lot more concious these days of how I smell, rather than look!

Well, it takes me about 45 minutes to get ready in the morning which includes showering, blowdrying and curling my hair, brushing my teeth, putting in contacts, putting on lotion, dressing, and putting on makeup. I don't wear that much makeup- it just takes me about 5 minutes to put on, and I think I look better with it. As for my hair, I wish I was one of those people who don't have to blowdry their hair, but my hair is thick and takes about 4-5 hours to completely air dry (seriously) and looks really bad when it's dry.

I admit I feel good when I think that I look good. I mean, I feel much more comfortable in public and/or meeting people when I'm wearing makeup and decent clothes. I guess I always want to put my best face forward. I have the same morning routine every day, though, so it's not like there are certain days when I think I look my best as opposed to just good or okay. I only put special interest into it if I have a special occastion to go to.

I'm lazy as hell so it doesn't take me too long to get ready. When I wake up I shower and blush my hair and teeth, I don't blowdry it cause it's naturally straight and looks basically the same if it air drys and like I said I'm too lazy to dry it! I wear jeans and some sort of t-shirt or tank top and sneakers or sandels. I only wear make-up on special occasions, cause i think i look ok without it and I'm lazy. The longest part of my morning routine is the shower cause i take long showers (like 30 minutes)

Giant Lemon said:
As for my hair, I wish I was one of those people who don't have to blowdry their hair, but my hair is thick and takes about 4-5 hours to completely air dry (seriously) and looks really bad when it's dry.

my hair is like that too...and if i don't brush it whilst it air dries (cause i never bother w/ a blow dryer) then it's all poofy and nasty, but i don't care......i just throw it in a ponytail anyway...i'll show ye a pic later......

hey diamond....how 'bout you answer the question for the guys...i want to know what you think....

Hmm.. I roll out of bed, put in my contacts, brush teeth, brush hair, wash face, put clothes on.. all in all about 10 mins.

when i go to school i usually take about 30 min because im so sleepy than i do everything very slowly:D

usually i take about 15 mins , i always wear a little makeup,

Stories for Boys said:
hey diamond....how 'bout you answer the question for the guys...i want to know what you think....

I like girls that are naturally pretty.:)
Girls that go swimming that arent worried about their make-up.
These are the girls I prefer most:yes:

I also LIKE girls WHO wear SHORT SHORT skirts w/ LONG jackets!..:yes:
I usually dont discriminate..

DB9:cool:

Last edited:
Im not into makeup that much either becasue some girls tend to overdo it(read Christina Aguilera and such)

as to beauty I find the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" to be very true....

And to me the inner beauty is the most important thing,even if I when I go out clubbing starts to talk with the women I find most beautiful cause ther you can?t now how their personality is in such a place,right.(Honesty overload!!)

diamond said:

I also LIKE girls WHO wear SHORT SHORT skirts w/ LONG jackets!..:yes:
I usually dont discriminate..

DB9:cool:

cake.jpg

na na na na na na na na na na

anyho-

as kristie may attest i am a natural kinda girl. rarely if ever do i wear make-up outside of this foundation-like stuff from clinique that has sunscreen and lotsa lotiony stuff in it. and even then i don't wear that in the summer cos i get freckles. i like clothing, so i work at a clothing store. but it's cheap clothing and i don't buy more than i wear.

I takes me about 45 minutes, which includes showering, blow-drying my hair, brushing my teeth, getting dressed and applying a little makeup (foundation, blush and a dash of lipstick or lip gloss - I hate eye shadow and mascara and never wear either one). It wouldn't take nearly that long to get ready if I didn't have very thick hair that takes forever to blow dry. Letting it air dry really isn't an option because it would take even longer and it would be incredibly frizzy.

Back
Top Bottom