A new song heard in France?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been trying to figure out guitar chords for this song for a little while now and this is what I figured out so far (with Banzai's lyrics)

Code:
C              Em
God speaks to you
Am       	  G	
The Sky is all I have

[b]With the music from a man
             			   Dm
And a picture in your[/b] heart
                   C
And that's what I am....yeaaah...yeaaah...
The part with bold fonts is still a mystery to me... there's defninately a D minor chord on the word "heart" though.

Here's maybe some help on what the rest of the chord(s) may be:
the chords in the key of C are:
Cmaj7
Dmin7
Emin7
Fmaj7
G7 OR Gdom7 (they are the same chord)
Amin7
Bmin7(b5)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/what_chords_are_in_what_key_and_why.html

Last edited:
BANZAI said:
(or maybe the already existing title - HTDAAB rumour - A Man's a Man)

or, maybe, an update of "a man and a woman" -- "a man and a man."

a pro-gay marriage song?

;)

(sorry, kind of an FYM thing ... but thought it was funny)

(and i hear "elephant" too)

This is what I hear:

God has made you sing
He started a rhyme
With music from my hand
It went through your heart
And out of my head, ye-ee-ee-ee-eah

... a simple way to harmonize it would be G Cmaj7 Em Am G, but I don't think that is what Edge is playing on the guitar. The chords he plays while Bono sings what I heard as "through your heart" makes me dizzy... love it :bow:

Am I the only person who clearly hears the word 'never' at the 11 second mark?

Sounds nice, what we can hear of it. But why are the people on the beach at Eze always so incredibly inadequate at making recordings? Why are they always yapping, and why are the snippets always so short? What the hell is wrong with those people?

biff said:
Sounds nice, what we can hear of it. But why are the people on the beach at Eze always so incredibly inadequate at making recordings? Why are they always yapping, and why are the snippets always so short? What the hell is wrong with those people?

Yeah, I'm quite appreciative of any clip we get, but I just don't get why the quality is so bad and length so short. I understand hearing U2 rehearsing may be a surprise and even if you do have recording equipment, you won't be carrying it everywhere with you, but surely someone lives nearby with recording equipment and can pop down there to tape the band? If we can listen to concerts live, why can't we get decent length clips of U2 rehearsing?

that's gotta be one of the wierdest things i ever seen.
why does he walk up to the window then turn back and stop recording?? :huh:
if it was me, i'd point the camera though the gate!!
maybe he's recorded more, but has only upladed some of it :shrug:

i like the song, sounds great :drool:

LemonMelon said:
You can tape a concert with thousands of people looking, but it's impossible to tape a recording session (that is apparently open to the public)? :|

Actually, neither.

waynetravis said:
that's gotta be one of the wierdest things i ever seen.
why does he walk up to the window then turn back and stop recording?? :huh:
if it was me, i'd point the camera though the gate!!
maybe he's recorded more, but has only upladed some of it :shrug:

i like the song, sounds great :drool:

My guess is Larry is actually a member of Interference. He's running around w/ a camera and recorder at Bono's house tryin to tease us w/ small snippets and show they've been in the studio.

:wink:

IrishDawg said:

My guess is Larry is actually a member of Interference. He's running around w/ a camera and recorder at Bono's house tryin to tease us w/ small snippets and show they've been in the studio.

:wink:

fuck no, it's Fake Edge.

You can tell how thirsty we are for something new. 16 seconds of crappy audio and we're already analyzing lyrics and saying if it's great or not.:lmao:

Beach clips! :hyper: Don't know why the guy tried to get close to the window. He could have accomplished the same thing by pretending to take video of the sea.

roy said:
Is that Bonos's house? Does he not have a private beach? Anyone know?

Yes, that's his (and Edge's) house, and no, it's not on a private beach. The thing the people are peering through is actually a wall that fronts the property. The house (which is a sort of pinkish-red) is behind that wall.

bcrla4.jpg

TheBrazilianFly said:

The song sounds average at best.

:yes:

I know it's too early to judge, based upon such a garbled clip, but those sixteen seconds didn't sound terribly exciting.

It sounded kind of strummy and vaudvillian really.
I doubt it is anything more than a rough demo at best.

Canadiens1160 said:

I doubt it is anything more than a rough demo at best.

Oh, definitely. :up: Sounds nothing like the HTDAAB beach clips, which were far more finished than this.

The beach clips for HTDAAB were when they were finishing the album. This clip was from the beginning of sessions for the new album. I wouldn't read anything into it, which is why I haven't even listened to it. Tempting though.

I think I heard the world "alibi," a word I would love to hear in more U2 songs, around 11-12 seconds, and
"Message from the Man" (God?) is defintiely in there. Exciting for someone who wasn't a fan during Summer '04. :drool:

bsp77 said:
The beach clips for HTDAAB were when they were finishing the album. This clip was from the beginning of sessions for the new album. I wouldn't read anything into it, which is why I haven't even listened to it. Tempting though.

Ah, just listen to it. It's harmless. Just 16 seconds of pure U2 goodness...:drool:

Seriously, I like the song's melody a lot. The lyrics are horrible, but hey, it's just a demo. Remember TTYW's original lyrics? :|

The beach clips from Hut Dub were awesome. I can still remember "Miracle Drug", the waves pounding back and forth through the chorus. Those clips are special to me.

LAst month my computer fried and I lost all my clips. Does anyone have the hut dub beach clips still?

boosterjuice said:
The beach clips from Hut Dub were awesome. I can still remember "Miracle Drug", the waves pounding back and forth through the chorus. Those clips are special to me.

LAst month my computer fried and I lost all my clips. Does anyone have the hut dub beach clips still?

I also remember those with great wistfull pleasure, especially Miracle Drug. SO beautiful with the wave action! I might still have some of those lovely emotion-laden clips. If I do, what's your email?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO XTREME BEACH CLIP YEEEAAAHHH!!

I love how we're all analyzing the song and stuff already. I also love all the kneels and soul jokes, so funny and original. especially because it doesnt sound like he says kneels or soul in the song at all.

it sounds fine to me, not great but not terrible. But I honestly can't judge anything based on a 16 second clip :huh: I hope we get more though :D

it doesn't really matter what he says to me, it's just exciting to get to take part in this whole beach clip business not having been a member of interference in summer 2004

Back
Top Bottom