A Moment of Randooomdadoooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Packers are playing in hotter than hell AZ. Thank goodness for air conditioning.
Go Pack!
Shuttle take off later tonight :hyper:

You are really gonna enjoy the documentary, as GS called it. Front row, here we are! I fully expect to look like a dork :D. I can deal with it I think

Interesting day at work. Co-worker takes a tumble coming into work. I call security. They come along with 2 dock guys. The customer I was helping was very helpful also.......she is a nurse. They get her up.

She is embarassed but not hurt. She walks toward employee lounge. She takes another tumble. This time she grabs for a small table with mdse on it. The table begins to tilt and fall over. I see this start to happen, yell her name, everyone looks over to her and they take off. I also *run*. BIG friggin mistake...........I angered the tibial plateau.

She has health issues and security told her that she needs to go home and go to the Dr. She is done for the day. They brought a wheelchair and took her out the employee entrance. Home she went.

I spent my lunch hour icing my knee :happy:

Delightful day :|

Former boss asked if I was going to U2 Chicago.........her new BF has turned her onto them. :cute: She is contemplating going.........I told her to wait till closer to the date and check for ticket drops. I hope I told her the right thing. I asked her if she has seen *the Claw* and she raised an eyebrow so then I had to explain the stage set up. I asked her if she has seen the pics of the Dallas Cowboys new screen and she said that she had. I then went on to explain that that screen has to be raised because U2's stage wouldn't fit otherwise.............I got a :shocked: expression. I told her that U2 is paying for the raising, $2 million dollars.......enjoyed that expression also. Told her to Google U2 Claw and see what she comes up with.
I told her that Bruce my :heart: won by coming here.

by0.jpg

Breathtaking
I wanna see one launch in person :scream:

OMG....BEST GAELIC STORM concert ever!!!!!!!!! :love:

And yes....they played Lover's Wreck!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :faint: I was having doubts that it would be played at all. They played an hour and a half then took a break and came back on for about another hour and a half. Twigger did all of his expected songs (other than Drink the Night Away and Swimming in the Sea which I really wish they would play one of them again) so I figured that was it. Then Patrick said to him "you pick" so Steve starts strumming on his guitar and has a little conversation to himself in the mic saying how they haven't played this song in a while so maybe tonight, no maybe not, then ok here's a song called Lover's Wreck....ARW :faint: I don't know where my spare memory cards are for my camera and I couldn't delete what I have on my card so I was only able to get the 1st minute of the song. :love:

Patrick starts on the night on a great note :rolleyes: He asks if anyone has participated in the cash for clunkers program.....other than the Minnesota Vikings. He wondered if everyone's new cars only went 4 miles to the gallon to like the Vikings new car :happy: It was actually really funny. I wish I could remember everything else he said. He was on a roll tonight.

They played lots off What's the Rumpus and Bring Yer Wellies plus a new instrumental song. Album #8 is going to be recorded in Oct :hyper: They did play all the usuals but I really wish they would play some of their older stuff and not so much of What's the Rumpus. I swear they played the whole album tonight. I think they were much more relaxed and spontaneous tonight than Irish Fest since they weren't being filmed. Not that Irish Fest was bad in anyway but tonight was just so different. They're playing in a theater at one of the colleges in St Paul in March. I told my friend not to make plans for that night because we're going!!!! :drool:

arw, THANKS :D

The weather? I know. Here it is supposed to be 63 degrees with wind.......that will make it feel cooler :sigh:

:hyper: YAY! You got Lovers Wreck!
I would have loved to have heard the Favre jokes from Patrick :giggle:
New Gaelic Storm October :hyper:

Stayed up later than I planned thanks to the Packers almost giving up the game............almost being the operative word. First half :up: Second half with the non regulars :down::crack:

The Turbo Kickbox instructor showed up for my Saturday morning Cardio Kickbox class this morning. I remembered quickly why I stopped going to her Tuesday night class after I didn't need to fit into my 50% off sample wedding dress anymore. It starts out normal (other than the fact that she tries to add shimmies and dance moves and I was just in the mood for kicking and punching), and then the music picks up and she starts yelling commands. "Run to the corner! Three jacks! Two jabs! Run to the middle! Sweep the floor sweep the floor wheel wheel wheel Run to the corner!" I just try not to get run over and end up laughing at myself more than anything. I did get a hell of a workout, however.

The Turbo Kickbox instructor showed up for my Saturday morning Cardio Kickbox class this morning. I remembered quickly why I stopped going to her Tuesday night class after I didn't need to fit into my 50% off sample wedding dress anymore. It starts out normal (other than the fact that she tries to add shimmies and dance moves and I was just in the mood for kicking and punching), and then the music picks up and she starts yelling commands. "Run to the corner! Three jacks! Two jabs! Run to the middle! Sweep the floor sweep the floor wheel wheel wheel Run to the corner!" I just try not to get run over and end up laughing at myself more than anything. I did get a hell of a workout, however.

that sounds like fun! I want to join a gym in the next month or so. I can't decide which one to join. Also one of my friends want to join so we can take classes together but she works nights and I work mornings so I don't know how that would work :slant:

arw, THANKS :D

The weather? I know. Here it is supposed to be 63 degrees with wind.......that will make it feel cooler :sigh:

I wasn't sure if you were able to hear it. My phone had zero bars on it when we first got there and then finally one showed up. My phone sucks. :happy: It always says "searching" on the bottom. :angry: A new phone is high on my list of things to look into once the paychecks start coming in.....

:hyper: YAY! You got Lovers Wreck!
I would have loved to have heard the Favre jokes from Patrick :giggle:
New Gaelic Storm October :hyper:

I love how Patrick always has something to say about the football teams. Last night the Green Bay Packers were the greatest football team to ever live....but just don't let anyone from Green Bay hear him say that. Apparently in GB the other night he mentioned something about da Bears and almost got thrown off the stage. :cute: I :heart: him.

I just, FINALLY, ordered the GS dvd from a few years ago. It's really cheap on amazon. There's still 2 cd's I don't have of theirs :shocked: but I can't decide if I want to get them off of itunes or buy them used on amazon/ebay. I think I have most of the songs off of one of them anyways.

Last night was Gaelic Storm concert #7 1/2 for me. The 1/2 is from 2 years ago when they played 5 songs and had to leave the stage due to weather :sad: I cannot wait to see them again!:love:

the parents went to the farmer's market this morning and came back with a crapload of zucchini. Guess I'm making breads today! I already have cupcakes and a cake in the oven for various events this week. :crack: I'm making smore's cupcakes for my mom's birthday. :drool: I might run to the store and get some strawberries so I can make a few chocolate dipped strawberries for her :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom