A message from U2.com management

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
"If you spend $40 bucks on a membership (14 or older because there's NASTY things on this website...hehe... ) you get the following things:

Talking of the tour, from today fans can also choose to become paid-up members of U2.Com - paying an annual subscription in return for a series of special benefits. These include: guaranteed priority booking opportunities when the Tour is announced; an '@U2.Com' e-mail address;access to full length video and audio tracks on U2.Com; and a 25% discount in the U2.Com Shop.'

Liek OMG! You can have CLIPS from SHOWS! Oh man,this is such a sweet deal:for $40 bucks,you just get cruddy,FULL LENGTH clips from random shows! And if you look for the rest we'll lock you up in Universal's "official" U2 leeches jail in sunny Barbados!

So have fun being upstanding citizens!

U2.com management "

Bad things are happening in U2 land.:sad:

LemonMelon said:

Liek OMG! You can have CLIPS from SHOWS! Oh man,this is such a sweet deal:for $40 bucks,you just get cruddy,FULL LENGTH clips from random shows! And if you look for the rest we'll lock you up in Universal's "official" U2 leeches jail in sunny Barbados!

U2.com management "

And your point is?

dude. . . it's all about advanced ticket purchases / priority booking.

you'll get video, don't worry! the U2 bootleg community is too cool

Somebody's not telling the truth. :|

Yeah,I know it's cool,it just upsets me that it was so easy to like U2,now it's getting freaking frusterating. :huh:

LemonMelon said:
"If you spend $40 bucks on a membership (14 or older because there's NASTY things on this website...hehe... ) you get the following things:

Talking of the tour, from today fans can also choose to become paid-up members of U2.Com - paying an annual subscription in return for a series of special benefits. These include: guaranteed priority booking opportunities when the Tour is announced; an '@U2.Com' e-mail address;access to full length video and audio tracks on U2.Com; and a 25% discount in the U2.Com Shop.'

U2.com management "

I'm not sure what u've been reading...I was never expecting to be able to get full live shows from u2.com, if thats what u'r point was. I got access to the audio & video clips already, but the live stuff i was expecting to have to buy from iTunes.

I'm after the tickets mainly anyway, oh, and the very cool keychain ;)

When on earth did they promise full concerts on U2.com??? I have NEVER heard that one? The concerts are going to be available for purchase or download after the shows and that will most likely be through Itunes. I'm also not sure what your point is or what on earth you are referring to???

Last edited:
I only heard about complete shows being available through iTunes once the tour gets started.

I never heard about full videos from U2.com

I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like they're trying to monopolize the online community and shut out sites like this and atu2. I also don't like that they are charging 40 bucks. Who's running the site now, does zootopia still stink?

isn't the entire point of the $40 so that we can get first priority on tickets? everyone has other ways of getting concerts and pictures and interviews and stuff (just take a look around this website), but there's no other way to guarantee getting decent tickets. especially with the speculation in certain corners that this will be U2's last tour, I'd say it's worth it. ...heehee, especially when you ask for it as a Christmas/Hannukah/Tet present. :)

LemonMelon said:
Ah yes,Ipod. That's where I heard it from.

Your Ipod talks?

I'm sorry, but get a grip. U2 will not be offering downloads of their concerts via u2.com for free. I don't think any band does that. If they offer the concerts I'm pretty sure it will be via itunes.

Please tell me what band offers full length concerts for free download from their website?

We'll probably get clips from the paid u2.com site and other stuff to view/listen to and that's it. As far as I'm concerned the $40/$20 bucks is to have a chance at decent tickets.

:eyebrow: they're not the first artist to do this. this is all in lieu of propaganda. many artists are doing this now, it's like an official online fan club essentially. i don't see how this is an insane thing for them to do. if you don't think it's worth it, then by all means don't join.

I couldn't understand the first post either..
mad cos they don't give away their shows and we should hate U2?!
Please, I think the Pixies had live cds available at some shows last year as you left the venue, but they still charged.

No immediate shows are ever available from any artist for free. They do have to pay for the cost to manufacture this stuff and all that.

The 40 bucks is a great deal especially considering the priority ticketing. Ticket demand alone for this tour is going to be crazy.

tennispunk said:
isn't the entire point of the $40 so that we can get first priority on tickets?

I thought that's why the majority of us were joining.

Honestly, based on what it's been like at U2.com since it went online, it's the last place you want to go if you want exclusive content. :wink:

i just don't understand why some fans think they should be given things like this for free. do you want to come in on your own time (unpaid that is) and work on a huge report for work or something? given the choice, would you work for free or tell your boss you'll only do it on company time, not yours.

now, doesn't it make sense that U2 charges us for things like the ability to buy better tickets before everyone else and concerts? a lot of hard work goes into this stuff so i can't argue. sure, sometimes i think the prices are a bit too high, but free? come on.

how good will the priority ticketing be?
I mean, I'll get a ticket, maybe in the nosebleeds, if I just wait on line....for priority ticketing, will they guarentee at least decent seats?

Is it worth it? The only reason i would get it is for the tix. in which case i would want more than 2 anyway. i dunno. besides i just got an ipod for my bday and i doubt my parents will let me get away with anything else u2 till the tix go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom