A friend needs support and encouragement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
Okay my friend (who knows who she is) liked this guy years ago and he got married and kind of slipped away. Well guess what he appeared again and is not married. She is scared to call him and I keep trying to tell her that once that initial three seconds of the call is done she'll be relaxed and everything will be fine. It may lead to something it may not but you'll never know to you try.

Please give all your input, she'll see this thread I'm sure.

:hmm: Well... under the circumstances, I guess my advice would be... >>> give it a try girl!! :up:
Life's too short, don't waste it thinking too much! :)
No, seriously... A phone call ain't a commitment after all, and you can always decide to back off later on if you feel that's REALLY what you want.
I think the worst thing about 'unique occasions' such as these is, if you let'em slip away once you might very well regret it for the rest of your life... In a few years you may find yourself wondering "what if"? ... Better a wrong decision than no decision at all, that's for sure :yes:
Hope that was helpful :) Think about it, and take care! :wink: :hug:

Psssss::shh: let me know how it ends! :D

Last edited:
I'd say go for it! You never know what might happen and you aren't hurting anyone. EVen if it doesn't become a dating relationship, you might end up with another good friend.

Definetly let us know how it goes! :D

Why not do it? Seriously....what is the worst that'll happen?

The time spent agonizing over whether or not to do it will be a lot worse than stepping out regardless of fear...If I would have let nerves or worry of looking stupid run my actions, I would have never gotten anywhere! That's a universal truth, use it well. :wink:

Don't make me come over there and make you do it! :mad:

:wink:

Ok, you want a personal story? Ok gather round....

I just recently called my ex boy of two years. It was funny because when we broke up I swore to myself I'd never call him again unless Pink Floyd got back together (he's a huge fan...and the point of my saying that was I figured Satan would die of hypothermia before that'd ever happen). Well, Pink Floyd is playing at Live8 and I had to call the ex and leave him a voicemail about it. He called back the next day and we met up for some drinks and I can honestly say I had a wonderful time playing catch up with him. Yea, it felt weird for about a minute but then it was like it hadn't been two years since we'd seen each other last.

So the moral of the story children: Get off your ass and pick up the phone! :)

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Why not do it? Seriously....what is the worst that'll happen?

The time spent agonizing over whether or not to do it will be a lot worse than stepping out regardless of fear...If I would have let nerves or worry of looking stupid run my actions, I would have never gotten anywhere! That's a universal truth, use it well. :wink:

Don't make me come over there and make you do it! :mad:

:wink:

Ok, you want a personal story? Ok gather round....

I just recently called my ex boy of two years. It was funny because when we broke up I swore to myself I'd never call him again unless Pink Floyd got back together (he's a huge fan...and the point of my saying that was I figured Satan would die of hypothermia before that'd ever happen). Well, Pink Floyd is playing at Live8 and I had to call the ex and leave him a voicemail about it. He called back the next day and we met up for some drinks and I can honestly say I had a wonderful time playing catch up with him. Yea, it felt weird for about a minute but then it was like it hadn't been two years since we'd seen each other last.

So the moral of the story children: Get off your ass and pick up the phone! :)

:whistle:

You only live once. What have you got to lose? If it doesn't work out, at least you gave it a shot. If you don't call, you never know what could have been. But no where in the message did you ever state if they had dated or were friends or if this was just someone she liked from afar... :hmm:

U2Girl1978 said:
You can do it!!! Ayeeeee! :wink:

omg! is that from that commerical?!:lmao:

anyway yes go for it!! call him call him call him!! its not like you are asking him to marry you. Just call up, say...hi heard you were back in town...and then it will just guide itself from there...piece of cake:wink: if you don't someone else will eventually:( and that will be sad...so do it do it do it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom