A Fissure, Its: A day in the life of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I want to know how at MOST, 30 kilometres of freeway, keeping in mind it is 3 lanes ALL the way (oh until it splits into 4) banks up. Also remember there are no bends, no lights, nothing. Nothing but a straight long road with 3 big wide lanes all the way into the city. What makes the cars slow down for God's sake? Do the drivers at the front imagine deer crossing or something? I want to know the secret of traffic buildup on a friggin FREEWAY.
:mad:

I also want to know why anyone in their right mind would put their hussy hotmail account on an offical tax office form? Do people not stop and think, 'Oh you know the ATO might LAUGH and laugh LOUDLY at me for putting my sassy_missy_becky_gal@hotmail.com email on my form, maybe I should just LEAVE IT BLANK.' And you know anther thing? When a form says:
Surname: [this is self explanatory, yes?]
First/given names: [so is this?]
Preferred name: this is NOT FOR YOUR NICKNAMES! Dont put Lizzie, if your name is Elizabeth. It is for people who might unfortunately be called Elizabeth-Jacqueline Anastasia. It is for you to put which of these 3 long arsed names you would like to be referred to informally. We DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR NICKNAMES!
The number of people who cannot fill out basic details about themselves alarms me.

:grumpy:

How are you all?

I'm an accountant
that should answer the "how are you" question :D

the traffic buildup on a freeway question has no answer

I'm gonna put down "Salomey" as preferred name from now on :up:

how are you? :D

the traffic problem is because people are assholes and don't merge into the next lane over when they're told to the first time. then when the 4th lane dissappears, they're left trying to get over into the third as to avoid ending up on the curb/breakdown lane/grass. but they can't all merge at once, there are a lot of them, and there are already plenty of people in the other lanes. so traffic gets backed up.

haha iwb. that sounds quite possible, though trying to reverse that (as we drive on the left hand side) has made my brain sore.
this afternoon it was 39 degrees and i got stuck in shitty horrible traffic again and i was quite abusive to no one in particulr. just letting out the occasional swear word at people and some of them saw me and laughed. one lady in a camry thought it was after her. pffft. i just wanted her to hurry the firetruck up. *i* did not have air con in my poor little car.
:sigh:

i know that's the reason i've gotten stuck in some bad traffic. coming back from boston last summer it took us an extra hour cos of some construction and people refusing to merge until the last moment

for the left side of the road...well...:huh: wow that's extremly difficult for me to visualize. uh...lane 4=1 and 3=2...or something. :huh:

I think a freeway is our motorway
The one into Belfast is always full there is only one lane now because they are widening it, we always drive in the opposite direction and laugh at the people stuck in the traffic jam, until one day karma got us and we ended up in that queue for an hour and a half. :|

IWasBored said:
coming back from boston last summer it took us an extra hour cos of some construction and people refusing to merge until the last moment

Boston always seems to be under construction.

Angela Harlem
How are you all?

I am actually in a good mood for a change ...

JessicaAnn said:

Boston always seems to be under construction.

it's the big dig...that's been going on forever. i don't know what it looks like now, guess i'll find out in a couple days though.

but we weren't actually coming back from boston, rather brockton. it was just some simple traffic flow mess that could have been averted if people would have just merged when they were told to.

Last edited:
I honked someone and flipped the bird at them too today. These deadset dickheads in a Skyline with P-plates were in front of me and driving parallel with this massive fat scrap metal truck which was in the middle lane. The passenger was leaning out his window making these rude gestures and the 4 kids thought this was hilarious. I couldn't tell what the truckie was doing back but I looked ahead of them and realised the roads were clear so I really cracked it. Thankfully they took off and left me alone as my poor little car can't do above about 90-100.
:D

Slomey you haven't seen me in peakhour yet.
:madspit:
And despite what you think, my patience is getting much better.
:slomeybirdman:

AH, apparently you've never been in Los Angeles during a weekday rush hour traffic, where there are FIVE LANES and JAMMED PACKED.

Angela Harlem said:
Slomey you haven't seen me in peakhour yet.
:madspit:
And despite what you think, my patience is getting much better.
:slomeybirdman:
still amuses me to no end though :p

Angela Harlem said:

How are you all?

You crack me up! :D

How am I? Well, it's 5 a.m. and I've been awake for hours cos we are in the midst of another snowstorm and the fucking snowplows are keeping me awake (being a light sleeper sucks).

theSoulfulMofo said:
AH, apparently you've never been in Los Angeles during a weekday rush hour traffic, where there are FIVE LANES and JAMMED PACKED.

If I ever experienced that, you'd all see me on the news doing a Marge Simpson. I think I'd simply pull up and have a nervous breakdown right there in the middle of the road.

Does America really have 8 lane freeways? Is it even 8 I'm thinking of? Might have been some Mirrorball Man antics where Bono went careening around somewhere on the back of a car...waxing about the beauty of them....Or I might just be confused :D But I'm sure I saw 8 on some vid or something once...:hmm:

Hey ~LL~, is that why old people migrate like ducks down to Florida during winter over there? Or is that an urban myth too :D
That snow would do me in. Stuck in traffic in snow. I think I'd rather amputate my own limbs.
:crack:

Angela Harlem said:

Hey ~LL~, is that why old people migrate like ducks down to Florida during winter over there? Or is that an urban myth too :D
That snow would do me in. Stuck in traffic in snow. I think I'd rather amputate my own limbs.
:crack:

Nope, no urban myth there--we call those people snow birds! In fact, my dad has a little place in FL, and he is on his way back from a two week vacation down there. My grandparents spent all of February at his place (they spend a month in Florida every winter). Seriously, winter sucks. I don't know why the fuck we live here--but I want out, lol.

Re: Re: A Fissure, Its: A day in the life of

~LadyLemon~ said:

You crack me up! :D

How am I? Well, it's 5 a.m. and I've been awake for hours cos we are in the midst of another snowstorm and the fucking snowplows are keeping me awake (being a light sleeper sucks).

you'd hate living in my dorm. the garabage truck comes every morning at 7:30am..it's been really quiet this semester, but this morning it was really fucking loud. i had headphones (i was awake...don't ask) because the sound on my dvd player wasn't working, and i thought there was someone with a backhoe plowing into the building

theory:

at around 4:30...a few cars get out on the road and drive side by side at roughly 28 MPH...enough to start a chain of traffic everywhere.

It is a secret society. :up:

beats my theory that the few cars up the front are cruising along and happen to look back in the rearview and notice the barrage of cars approaching them from behind, thus slowing down in fear or something.

my problem lies with the cars in front. if they are all moving forward at a good pace, how does the number behind impact in any way? if everyone moves at the speed limit, it shouldn't make a difference if there are 20 cars or 20,000

:slant:

Angela Harlem said:
Thats so funny :D Not funny, but you know what I mean...lol
Does it get stinking hot in summer where you live?

Summers in the midwest can get pretty bad too...especially since it's so frickin' humid. That's why I prefer fall and spring...a nice break from the extremes!

Dude, it's still snowing a like a sonuvabitch here. It hasn't stopped since like 7 last night!

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom