9 December 2006, Aloha Stadium Honolulu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2forlife said:
Hey Lila, wanna hang out :sexywink:

You can count me in for Hawaii (if and when it happens) :hyper: MTEdge and skjuls is considering going too. One4u2, are my ears deceiving me or is that a :yes: I hear?

It's a possibility :happy: :shifty:

u2forlife said:
Hey Lila, wanna hang out :sexywink:

You can count me in for Hawaii (if and when it happens) :hyper: MTEdge and skjuls is considering going too. One4u2, are my ears deceiving me or is that a :yes: I hear?

I'd love to hang out with all the interferencers! Just remember I'm coming from the west coast. And my daughter's spring break starts on the 10th I believe, so we'd have to fly in a couple of days early, like on Wednesday night or Thursday... :hmm: And I would love to do GA, but don't know if a stadium show is conducive to bringing a kid into it. Don't know what I'm gonna do. Unless there is a big tall strong man out there who will hoist her on his shoulders all night :hmm: :sexywink: Don't worry, she's small for her age group... (she's 11). :hmm:

kellyahern said:
My sister and I were joking about a schedule:

Monday: beach

Tuesday: tour of "Lost" locations

Wednesday: submarine ride

Thursday: go visit the bail bond office of "Dog the Bounty Hunter"

Friday: U2 concert

:lol:

:lol:

mine is
Monday - beach - have camera ready for possible candid picture of Bono in shorts - :drool: over the cabana boys and surfers. Drink many many many things that contain the following 1)rum 2)tropical fruit punch 3)flowers/large piece of fruit/tiny umberella
Tuesday - Thursday - repeat
Friday - u2 concert

:D

I'm now seriously considering the Turtle Bay Resort as I see it as a sign that I happened to be flipping through channels and the travel channel did a whole episode on this one :hmm:

i'm still working on finding a flight that is not outrageous :grumpy:

I have to teach all week, which is a sad, sad thing...nurse chrissi, can you write me a medical excuse? Feb 12 is my birthday, after all...and is it warm then, in Hawaii? God I hope so!

Anyway, hope we all make it. GA in stadiums is way more laid back than arenas. People come and go from their spots all day, and I got rail in London arriving after 12pm so it was great. Not much pushing and shoving, either--though lots of drunkenness.

In the meantime, I'm going to sell all my possessions on ebay :wink:

ruffian said:
though lots of drunkenness.

In the meantime, I'm going to sell all my possessions on ebay :wink:

Kidneys go for a good price these days :hmm: :wink:

okay since you pushed the issue I'll extend the rum/fruit punch/flower drinks into friday
I shall purchase a cooler and share with all :D

and you need to get to Mexico :hug:

u2 is playing in Rio on my Birthday - would love to go to that :drool:

okay - in going with the rather be hanged for a sheep than a lamp route which out of these hotels do you think would be the most fun

Kahala Mandarin Oriental
Halekulani
Turtle Bay Resort

I am leaning towards turtle bay right now since it will force me to see other parts of the island but then again the other 2 are closer to the stadium (after a fashion)

I probaby should buy the tickets first but I don't want to wait too long before I get the hotel

starting to mildly freak - must drink more wine

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
okay - in going with the rather be hung for a sheep than a lamp route which out of these hotels do you think would be the most fun

Kahala Mandarin Oriental
Halekulani
Turtle Bay Resort

I am leaning towards turtle bay right now since it will force me to see other parts of the island but then again the other 2 are closer to the stadium (after a fashion)

I probaby should buy the tickets first but I don't want to wait too long before I get the hotel

starting to mildly freak - must drink more wine

The Mandarin has the dolphins :cute:

I can't afford those hotels right now :reject: , but the top two are on my hopeful list too :shifty:

kellyahern said:

The Mandarin has the dolphins :cute:

but the turtle bay has horses and I :heart: horses
and a large number of really good looking surfers - just to increase the eye candy

:wave: I'm in! I am all for doing Interference gatherings too...I've been to Hawaii many times and other than the U2 show and meeting more fellow U2fans and Interferencers that is all I am interested ind oing this trip, really....and sharing expenses of course wherever posible!

Without a doubt in my mind it will be a fun thing! Too bad we couldn't convince an airline and hotel to produce planes and fill rooms with the lot of us going---wouldn't THAT be fun?!!!

:hyper:

OMG! Both of the potential dates are within my spring Break! Hawaii is one of the two states I haven't been to yet (Missouri being the other one). I've already told Steve I'm going and he's invited. :wink:

I guess I'll have to get over my aversion to stadium gigs. :|

I don't like stadiums either, so you will not be alone. I will suck it up and go for the location, to be with friends and for the music! AND cuz it would be the historic last show of the tour.

Maybe you and Steve will have to have a romantic spring break trip int he works? Hawaii is beautiful if you've not been (I've been several times to 4 of the islands, then went to Tahiti and there's NO going back to Hawaii after Tahiti, lemme tell ya!)

OMG!!! I cannot wait!!!!:hyper: I want to make a weekend out of it!!! I am sure they will do two shows.
I will need a hotel roomate/line buddie...I know u2forlife is down can I get any other PLEABA-gal to email me if they are flying Southwest. Perhaps we could meet at LAX or something? I am comming form Missouri. I hope to meet more Interference folks soon!!!:rockon:

carmellove2678@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom