3rd leg next month - still no opening act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princey said:
just out of curiousity...how long was it before the 2nd leg started when we knew the support acts? i know there was a very short window of time between this information becoming available and the actual start of the leg, so perhaps we have a while to wait again before we find out?
But the second leg had many different bands, double support acts and bigger names... Much harder to book... If it will be the same construction as leg 1 (on support act for the entire leg) than they are late indeed...

Arcade Fire is already touring in late September/early October, at least. I'm seeing them on October 4th. :hyper:

Still, getting a preview at the Toronto shows would be great. :hmm:

Princey said:
just out of curiousity...how long was it before the 2nd leg started when we knew the support acts? i know there was a very short window of time between this information becoming available and the actual start of the leg, so perhaps we have a while to wait again before we find out?

I believe I knew No Doubt was the opener in L.A. before tickets went on sale, last tour, I had to buy 4 extra tickets to accomodate the No Doubt fans in my family. I think they'll have various openers this time around.

hey techfire, i havent been paying attention, can you give me an update on how the dodgers are doing???

U2_Muse said:
Arcade Fire is already touring in late September/early October, at least. I'm seeing them on October 4th. :hyper:

Still, getting a preview at the Toronto shows would be great. :hmm:

i tired to get tickets for September 1st in Sheffield but it was sold out.....i :heart: Arcade Fire :drool: :drool:

how quickly you forget :wink:

techfire said:

I'm going the 4th, it's actually my B-day on the 5th so I'll probably trade or buy some for the 5th. Same here, I'll even buy you a drink if the Cards go deeper in the playoffs then the D...but I'll take a Chivas and Coke with a blue cocktail umbrella, whenever you're ready.

Chizip said:
hey techfire, i havent been paying attention, can you give me an update on how the dodgers are doing???

OK, the blue have had some injuries....lots of injuries, we were an average team on opening day and now we're waaaay below average. At this point I'm hoping they give our young guys a shot, our future is looking good.
The Cards should make the series, the National league is weak, but I see another sweeep!

Originally posted by techfire

I'm going the 4th, it's actually my B-day on the 5th so I'll probably trade or buy some for the 5th. Same here, I'll even buy you a drink if the Cards go deeper in the playoffs then the D...but I'll take a Chivas and Coke with a blue cocktail umbrella, whenever you're ready.

I'm a man of my word, if you're still going to U2 in Vegas then I'll by you a drink. I'm not giving up yet on the big blue D, the West is weak and there's still plenty of baseball to play.

Whoo Hoo!!!:

They just annonced on Montreal radio stations that The Arcade Fire will be the opening act for the Ottawa and Both Montreal shows.:)

I'm going to the second show,here in Montreal..just can't wait,now.

This is going to be the best night of the year for me..Arcade Fire/U2..Best combo:)

Bring on November 28th!

Has anyone heard of The Polyphonic Spree? IMO, Arcade Fire sounds a bit like them. If you like Arcade Fire, check 'em out--they're pretty similar.

Or be like me and listen to nothing but U2. :wink:

On behalf of the other Dalton Brothers, I can confirm, with great sadness, that the Dalton Brothers will not be making any "scheduled" appearances on the third leg of the tour.

:wink:

Utoo said:
Has anyone heard of The Polyphonic Spree? IMO, Arcade Fire sounds a bit like them. If you like Arcade Fire, check 'em out--they're pretty similar.

The Polyphonic Spree are like watching the Brady Bunch x's 10 on acid. I absolutely hated them. They opened for Bowie on Long Island last summer. I wanted to cry when they started to sing. I think I might have, actually.
After hearing the opening song of the U2 tour, I just can't believe that Arcade Fire sounds like Polyphonic Spree. Please God no.........

Cigar said:
This is going to be the best night of the year for me..Arcade Fire/U2..Best combo:)
I'm sorry... But some dates in Europe had Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, The Killers... All better than Arcade Fire...

Neilz said:

I'm sorry... But some dates in Europe had Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, The Killers... All better than Arcade Fire...

Yeah, as much as I like what I've heard of Arcade Fire, I'd still much rather see someone like the Killers... Just my taste, I suppose.

this may be old news, but on the arcade fire website, it says that (in addition to AF obviously) U2 have had or will have the Doves, BRMC, and the Magic Numbers open for them. At least these were the ones that I didn't recognize as having opened for them on the 1st 2 legs. Correct me if I'm wrong, maybe these bands played on the European leg and I didn't notice.

arcadefire.net

Because I am oh so very bored at work:

The Doves opened in London, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opened in Glasgow, The Magic Numbers opened in Vienna. :wink:

(from U2tours.com)

Neilz said:

If you haven't seen an Arcade Fire show, it blows the rest of those bands away. There is no comparison, and I am a big fan of those other three.

NumbMacphisto said:

If you haven't seen an Arcade Fire show, it blows the rest of those bands away. There is no comparison, and I am a big fan of those other three.

In terms of what...do they set themselves on fire? U2 and Rage Against the Machine in L.A for Pop Mart...now that was an opening band!

VertigoGal said:
ah, I see. well nevermind then.:wink:

I had no idea, but since I thought I remembered hearing about The Doves opening, I figured I'd pop on U2tours.com and take a peek! :wink:

techfire said:

In terms of what...do they set themselves on fire? U2 and Rage Against the Machine in L.A for Pop Mart...now that was an opening band!

They have about 4 percussionists besides the drummer just going insane. If you look up pictures of their performance at Coachella this year, two guys are halfway up the side scaffolding! Their energy is phenomenal.

if you dig through the Arcade Fire thread in B&C you can find a link to a site with 7 or 8 videos of them live...just to give you an idea, I'm sure the dynamics would be different from club to arena. I'll go try to find it if you like, it's very intense and delicious. :rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom