30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!! DISCUSSION ONLY (Do not post download links!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I don't understand FEZ. It sounds like let me in the sound from boots, then it goes into some other weird stuff for like 3 seconds that almost sounds like a tape recorder re-winding or something.

Its sounds like the opening of arcade fire then a fast forward to now..as if we're leaving the past behind heres the new stuff.

Very strange, I like almost every clip, but to be honest overall I'm pretty disappointed, mostly by the guitar parts, almost every single song has the standard edge chiming guitars, I know it's a trademark of the Edge but after the last 2 albums he's starting to get awfully one note. We get it, it's a nice sound, but the effect is diluted by it appearing in every freaking song. The different textures of AB, Zooropa and Pop seem to be gone, replaced by the echo box and some ringy guitar parts.

WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOWOWOO

I am way more excited for this album than the last 2.

I can see the tour opening with Fez-Being Born.

But damn. Unknown Caller sounds awesome from what is in that clip.

There does seem to be a difference from songs 1-5 and 7-11, with Boots being #6.
Songs 1-5 seem to have a more atmospheric sound, which I prefer.
Songs 7-11 have Bono speaking the lyrics rather than singing them. Not too sure if I like an album with two halves. If you are going to have an album with two halves make a double album.

I like the sound of songs 1-5 over songs 7-11, with exception to FEZ.

What do you guys think??????

This album sounds like it will have a unifying theme and cohesiveness. Something the last album drastically lacked.

This sounds like it will be AN ALBUM.

The different textures of AB, Zooropa and Pop seem to be gone, replaced by the echo box and some ringy guitar parts.

Honestly, I really don't think the wild experimentation and completely new sounds of the 90s are ever coming back. They know what sells now. They're gonna stick with it, while attempting to please the 90s fans by providing a few bells and whistles here and there. I seriously think that at this point, we will only get albums that try to be a little bit of everything, classic and contemporary.. but nothing radically different. That's my feeling.

I can't help comment about this...the lyrics for "White As Snow" (which tell us that, where Bono is from, there were no hills at all) remind me of the lyrics for "Peace On Earth" (which tell us that, where Bono is from, there weren't many trees). Maybe he's trying to tell us something. :huh:

i.e., he came from a flat, treeless landscape. Not sure what to make of this, though.

Honestly, I really don't think the wild experimentation and completely new sounds of the 90s are ever coming back. They know what sells now. They're gonna stick with it, while attempting to please the 90s fans by providing a few bells and whistles here and there. I seriously think that at this point, we will only get albums that try to be a little bit of everything, classic and contemporary.. but nothing radically different. That's my feeling.

I hope you're wrong because that's the difference between 'Adult contemporary' and 'Rock 'n' roll'

I can't help comment about this...the lyrics for "White As Snow" (which tell us that, where Bono is from, there were no hills at all) remind me of the lyrics for "Peace On Earth" (which tell us that, where Bono is from, there weren't many trees). Maybe he's trying to tell us something. :huh:

i.e., he came from a flat, treeless landscape. Not sure what to make of this, though.

Yah was thinking the same thing..

Very strange, I like almost every clip, but to be honest overall I'm pretty disappointed, mostly by the guitar parts, almost every single song has the standard edge chiming guitars, I know it's a trademark of the Edge but after the last 2 albums he's starting to get awfully one note. We get it, it's a nice sound, but the effect is diluted by it appearing in every freaking song. The different textures of AB, Zooropa and Pop seem to be gone, replaced by the echo box and some ringy guitar parts.

I agree with you there. Magnificent is especially guilty; it is totally a rehash of any song from Boy. I have a feeling when we hear the entire album, it'll be like listening to a mashup of everything U2 has ever done in their career. Sounds like U2 are tired of reinventing themselves and are sticking with what works.

Maybe Bono is trying to confess that he is not really from Ireland like everyone believes? Maybe he was born in Yemen and got adopted by Irish tourists.

for those who have heard the beach clip of breathe....what happened? the beach clip was far more raw and didnt have the "these days" part. the song sounded awesome the way it was. why oh why do they insist on tinkering so much with a good thing?

He's trying to tell us that he's running out of lyrical ideas.

for those who have heard the beach clip of breathe....what happened? the beach clip was far more raw and didnt have the "these days" part. the song sounded awesome the way it was. why oh why do they insist on tinkering so much with a good thing?

Totally agree! It sounds very 'weak' compared to the rawness of the beachclip. We shall see.

shit!

well...from only hearing these clips...i have to say the two that really really stand out are Crazy Tonight and White as Snow. But they all sound like they are going to be pretty fucking cool.

:up:

It's sounds like the disappointment/whining is starting to match the exuberant joy and excitement. Maybe we won't have the same type of '3rd masterpiece' craziness that greeted the last album.

I'm a little disappointed by these clips, maybe they did'nt want to give away any good bits just yet... i'm hoping for some meatier edge and adam at least.
Also Breathe seems to have lost some intensity that it had in the beach clip.. seems slower paced and the Edge seems to have been turned down.... I hope I am wrong

This is ridiculous. If anything, the guitar sound I'm getting from the clips is more clean JT than dirty AB, maybe with some UF. To make claims on which musician "owns" this album from these short clips is ludicrous, not to mention your "best 3 opening songs/side one>side 2" nonsense.

Also, it's Moment of Surrender that has the So Cruel beat, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

Take a chill pill before you get yourself too worked up.

Geez, who made you God!

Of course, ANYONE's opinions are probably crap (including yours) given we've heard merely 30 seconds of 6 minutes songs.

But whether you think I'm "ridiciluous" or not (and to be honest I don't give a shit what you think), I hear Achtung Baby in this album.

And my song comparisons are not based on beat, pitch or whatever, they're based on "feel" and how they fit with the rest of the album. GOYB is the thundering lead single that doesn't represent the album, kinda like the Fly. Unknown Caller is kinda like So Cruel in where it 'fits' with the album (UC's dual vocal & beats vs SC's quirky backwards beat).

My Adam comment is based on how the bass on these tracks gives the songs a groove that showcases the man mjuch more than other albums.

Maybe you need to taking a f$%king chill pill and not call people ridiculous and ludicrous because you don't agree. FFS what do any of us know right now?

oh my god!!! so greatt... ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!

specially surprised by crazy tonight! it is beach clip 5 on esteroids :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I'm a little disappointed by these clips, maybe they did'nt want to give away any good bits just yet... i'm hoping for some meatier edge and adam at least.
Also Breathe seems to have lost some intensity that it had in the beach clip.. seems slower paced and the Edge seems to have been turned down.... I hope I am wrong

I don't think any thought went into the 30-second choice. It actually sounds like the just went from the 30-60 second mark of each song. Or maybe 15-45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom