24: Day 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good episode, next week should be a doozy

i love the fact that Jack was brutally tortured for 2 years in a chinese prison because he invaded their consolate, and when he finally gets back to US soil, in less than 12 hours he is invading another consolate.he's got balls.

the best part weas Logan warning him about what happened last time, dude, Jack was a prisoner less than 12 hours ago, i think he remembers what happened last time.

Chizip said:
good episode, next week should be a doozy

i love the fact that Jack was brutally tortured for 2 years in a chinese prison because he invaded their consolate, and when he finally gets back to US soil, in less than 12 hours he is invading another consolate.he's got balls.

the best part weas Logan warning him about what happened last time, dude, Jack was a prisoner less than 12 hours ago, i think he remembers what happened last time.

:yes: yeah thats what I was going to say.

the part where he was caught right after he hopped the fence of the embassy, and he spoke to the guy in Russian. . . what a fucking badass! :rockon: :rockon:

My latest Desktop scares me... :yikes:

jackbauer.jpg

I think Jack should answer "BECAUSE I"M JACK BAUER DAMNIT!!!!" whenever someone questions him.

I wished my 24 friend a happy birthday hoping Jack Bauer would crash the party and yell "DROP THE CAKE!"

It kills me every single time Jack says that.

what i dont understand is why they need these drone delivery devices for the nukes. it just complicates things and makes it easier for them to get caught. the main advantage of a suitcase nuke is its portability and how you can just walk it to a target and blow it up. why go to the effort of relying on these drones?

Maybe because they want to hit places like New York or D.C. from there without having to wait too long?

I don't get that either.

Chizip said:
what i dont understand is why they need these drone delivery devices for the nukes. it just complicates things and makes it easier for them to get caught. the main advantage of a suitcase nuke is its portability and how you can just walk it to a target and blow it up. why go to the effort of relying on these drones?

An aerial nuke does more damage than a ground nuke.

yeah a little bit, but i think detonating 5 (or 4) suitcase nukes from the ground would have had the same effect on the American people as from an aerial attack.

it just seems like they are making their plans much riskier by getting involved with this drone nonsense.

gotta fill up 24 episodes.
If they were using them on the ground, they wouldn't need the extra time to set up the drones and LA would have been toast 3 weeks ago.:wink:

Chizip said:
yeah a little bit, but i think detonating 5 (or 4) suitcase nukes from the ground would have had the same effect on the American people as from an aerial attack.

Not at all.

The blast radius from an aerial nuke also slams downward, which pretty much nothing on the ground is built to protect against.

Most buildings in LA are built to withstand the side-to-side motion of an earthquake - damage from a side-on nuclear blast wouldn't be a quarter as bad as a blast coming straight down onto a rooftop.

Of course, they never explained anything like this in the show, so I understand the confusion. This is my best guess too, so take it with a grain of salt if you like.

Bingo.

With nuclear weapons the air burst, usually several hundred to a few thousand feet in the air, allows the shockwave of the fission or fusion driven explosion to destroy the largest possible number of buildings, military units or vehicles, etc. This also minimizes the generation of irradiated soil and other debris (fallout) by keeping the fireball from touching the ground, limiting the amount of additional debris that is vaporized and drawn up in the radioactive debris cloud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_burst

:wink:

still, the goal isn't necessarily to kill as many as possible. the goal is to set off 5 nukes in the US, create panic and fear amongs the public, have the Arabs take the blame, and have the US and the Arabs "destroy" each other.

getting into this whole drone nonsense is just making that plan much more riskier, for really not much gain. i mean the risk they are taking just to get the drones, the time it takes to set them up, with Jack Bauer hot on their tale, not smart. also, if the US knows they are going to shoot these things out of LA in 2 hours, presumably across the country to the east coast, and if all other air traffic is grounded, wouldn't it be pretty darn easy to track these things on satellite and shoot them down?

they are taking away the 1 big advantage of the suitcase nule, the anonymity.

i dont know how the hell Aaron puts up with that psycho. god i thought he was smarter than that

Even before she stabbed him, when watching Martha I couldn't help but think "she's a lot like my ex right now" :yikes:

Another prediction: Veep is in on it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom