2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey U2. Why not go have a look at stubhub and see the listings of people selling tickets on giftcards with instructions to use them.

So much for you managing to stick it to the scalpers with CC only.

there are many like this for Toronto. total fucking bullshit!

Its not really the bands fault is it?this happens with every gig. Stubhub and viagogo actually get ticket allocations from the ticketing sites and livenation. There all in it together

Any "Can't miss" locations in DVNP? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using U2 Interference mobile app

Zabriskie. If you can get there at dawn, it's ideal.
Badwater Basin, the lowest point in the US.
Dante's View, where they filmed the scene in Star Wars where Kenobi calls Mos Eisley a wretched hive of scum and villany.
There are a few canyons where they also filmed Star Wars Golden Canyon, Artist's Palette are my favorites.

I'm curious, how many of you that bought tickets for IE via the paperless CC entry actually had to use your CC to get in the gate? I had these tickets for Toronto, Chicago, and Amsterdam - in each case I picked up my tickets at a ticket window early in the day. I could have sold them to anyone that day that wanted to meet me there. I never had to show my credit card when I actually went in the gate to see the show.

How easy do you think it will be to buy GA tickets for Toronto during the general/public sale? Right now Ticketmaster Canada has opened the option for anyone to buy pre-sale tickets so long as they tack on a U2.com subscription for $50 at checkout. Buy my GA ticket right now hassle free for $137 (includes U2.com sub) or wait and try and snag one on Tuesday for $87 potentially dealing with crashed servers, slow website, blablabla. Any thoughts or suggestions?

It seems there are a certain amount of GA being released for each presale. However with each presale, the competition is getting tougher and tougher. For Seattle, there is another presale starting today for Seahawks football season ticket holders (at noon today I think) and then another for the venue. By Tuesday when tickets go on sale to the general public and the flood gates are opened, I doubt there will be very little GA left. But, that is just my opinion.

Its not really the bands fault is it?this happens with every gig. Stubhub and viagogo actually get ticket allocations from the ticketing sites and livenation. There all in it together
i know. i am just being a little grumpy but these are scalpers that manipulate with prepaid CC's.

I'm curious, how many of you that bought tickets for IE via the paperless CC entry actually had to use your CC to get in the gate? I had these tickets for Toronto, Chicago, and Amsterdam - in each case I picked up my tickets at a ticket window early in the day. I could have sold them to anyone that day that wanted to meet me there. I never had to show my credit card when I actually went in the gate to see the show.

I got CC, paperless tickets for GA in LA in 2015 and they had to swipe my credit card. They then gave me a paper receipt and wristband. Though I wonder if picking them up at will call with your credit card is the same thing? But you're right, you could still sell them. But, it takes one step away from the scalpers I guess.

really, for IE? in Toronto?

the last show at rogers in Toronto was 360. it was not CC only.

the IE was CC only for floor at ACC and they did require you scan your CC. at least for my tickets.

i suspect rogers will have those entrance machines for this tour in toronto.

Thanks for sharing. Was this as you entered the arena? I ask because I don't see how they will be able to do this with the size of a stadium. Maybe it's both? You can use the cc when you enter or go to the window earlier in the day to pick them up if you want. I went to window, got a hard ticket, then I used it to enter the stadium where I was given a wrist band.

LA wouldn't print tix at the venue, all shows were CC entry.

​I have to say that pre-sale was a sham!

I was looking for red zone tickets so had everything setup at 8.40 to go to the correct link on ticketmaster: Tickets | U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Red Zone - Dublin at Ticketmaster

After a couple of refreshes with zero tickets showing up and trying Twickenham at the same time did I finally realise that the *actual* pre-sale link was over at the *General* URL - yet no Red Zone tickets. I then find out that they're most likely all sold yesterday as people with Wires codes could purchase them a day early - WTF!

To top it all off, I wasted a good 40 - 50 minutes this morning chasing Pitch 2 tickets when all there was available were skanky stand seats.

By the grace of god I managed to get 2 x Pitch 2 tickets on my mobile at 10.30, just by pure chance.

I really don't get why they

a. can't make red zone tickets available at the correct link

b. allowed early purchase of red zone and

c. can't sell all allocated tickets at the right time on the right link - it's not fcking rocket science!!

/rant

It seems there are a certain amount of GA being released for each presale. However with each presale, the competition is getting tougher and tougher. For Seattle, there is another presale starting today for Seahawks football season ticket holders (at noon today I think) and then another for the venue. By Tuesday when tickets go on sale to the general public and the flood gates are opened, I doubt there will be very little GA left. But, that is just my opinion.

That's exactly how it works. These days there are tons of presales, the artist presales normally get the best/biggest allotment of tix along with any credit card presales, then venue, radio station, promoter presales. By the time the general sale comes around there are very few tickets left. So, as annoying as people find it, your best bet at getting tix, especially GAs is the U2.com sale.

i used my Red Hill precode and the TM app and got 4 good d-bag (not the $280) seats for Philly within 3 minutes. i seem to be in the section they always put me in when i get seats, no matter the venue.

very surprised so many problems. sorry to hear.

weird thing is people who were able to buy tickets yesterday were mainly saying how smooth the process was and that most of them were done in 5 minutes.

Generally it seems to be easier in Europe but that's possibly because all the TM',s are country specific, rather than however TM America is run

Seems several things are not going how they should go..
In Berlins ticketsale, if you select ticket+membership and you buy 4 tickets, 4 memberships are selected (you will have to change that manually).

Besides, with the tickets+membership option, LiveNation is helping scalpers a lot~!

Drowningman; said:
weird thing is people who were able to buy tickets yesterday were mainly saying how smooth the process was and that most of them were done in 5 minutes.

The difference is that today many scalpers may be getting tickets via u2.com memberships...another reason may be that many fans let their membership expire and recently joined again for tickets sales..

Hey U2. Why not go have a look at stubhub and see the listings of people selling tickets on giftcards with instructions to use them.

So much for you managing to stick it to the scalpers with CC only.
What do you folks think of mobile-only tickets? Where the ticket codes aren't even released to your account/phone until a week or two before the concert.

Scalpers still find ways even with those, but it's a lot harder and it cuts down on their resale options significantly.

1. Am I correct in saying that I cannot sell one of my tickets privately (not on TM) because I actually have nothing to sell?

2. Am I correct in saying that I cannot actually go in to MetLife Stadium without the folks who will be accompanying me because we need to all enter with my credit card? So... if they are stuck in traffic, basically I am stuck in traffic?

It is almost not worth trying to go to a gig anymore.

As my wife says, "they took the fun out of fun..."

Also,

3. If (when) they announce additional shows in each city, does the U2.bomb code still limit us to the four tickets from the original dates?

1. Am I correct in saying that I cannot sell one of my tickets privately (not on TM) because I actually have nothing to sell?

2. Am I correct in saying that I cannot actually go in to MetLife Stadium without the folks who will be accompanying me because we need to all enter with my credit card? So... if they are stuck in traffic, basically I am stuck in traffic?

It is almost not worth trying to go to a gig anymore.

As my wife says, "they took the fun out of fun..."

Also,

3. If (when) they announce additional shows in each city, does the U2.bomb code still limit us to the four tickets from the original dates?

1. Well you could sell a place(s) but they would have to meet and go in with you.

2. Yes, you are correct.

3. If you have not already used up the four tickets (IOW if you only bought three) in the current presale, you will be able use the presale code again for any added shows but only for one or however many tickets you have left on the four ticket allotment. You will not get anymore codes. That's if there is a presale for the added shows.

Also,

I'm almost certain they can be used for new shows as well (up to 4 total).

Last edited:
and to think, when I went to the opening 2 Tempe shows of the original Joshua Tree Tour in 1987, I only paid around $15 for a ticket and that was an ok seat too

Thanks for your opinion :)

and to think, when I went to the opening 2 Tempe shows of the original Joshua Tree Tour in 1987, I only paid around $15 for a ticket and that was an ok seat too

I paid $100 for a 10th row seat to Hartford 5/9/87. A lot of money for a college freshman but worth every penny. Probably equivalent to paying $500 today. $19.50 + $2.25 was what I paid for Oakland Coliseum 11/14/87.

Just dropped $186 for Houston and Dallas GAs today. Different world, but i can't wait for May!

LA wouldn't print tix at the venue, all shows were CC entry.

Not true. I went to two IE shows at the Forum in LA in 2015 (both ticketless GA) and about a month before show dates, my CC bank account was hacked and I had to get a new CC with a different number. I originally called TM and explained my problem, they transferred what I thought was both shows' worth of tickets to my new CC number which worked fine the first night. They scanned my new CC and I was in.

However, the second show for whatever reasons, my CC didn't work and I was sent to the Will Call window. Fortunately I had on me my printout copy of my online TM order, my driver's license ID along with the new CC. They verified my order and printed me out the tickets on the spot. I could have turned around and sold them in the parking lot if I wanted to.

They also had a number of printed hard tickets including GAs available for the afternoon drop lines for several of the shows (except I think the last night).

So if I understand this correctly, if I only bought 2 tickets with my Wires presale code, I can go on and buy another 2 using the same code?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom