2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are the pre-sale codes individual? That is, everybody gets their own code instead of one for the whole fan club.

a7eeae038851851a2b0507cca1917b04.jpeg

Miami's Hard Rock Stadium has a pretty detailed seating chart. I assume P5 is $35 and P1 is $280. Not sure what the other 3 pricing points are.

These are the 5 Berlin price points, for an approximation :

P1 Seats
207.40 EUR*

P2 Seats
121.20 EUR*

P3 GA
86.70 EUR*

P3 Seats
86.70 EUR*

P4 Seats
46.40 EUR*

If I sign up for a U2.com membership today, what day of the presale would I be able to participate in? And would I have a good shot at getting GAs?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

If I sign up for a U2.com membership today, what day of the presale would I be able to participate in? And would I have a good shot at getting GAs?

Wires

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You get the 2nd day presale, after everyone who is a current member. (Thursday)
If these shows were in arenas, I'd put your odds of GA at well below 0%.
In stadia, the chance is probably dependent upon which market, likely not very good in high demand markets, likely pretty decent in a lower demand market.
I'm assuming you want Vancouver. I think it being the opening show works against you. But since they are also hitting Seattle, there may be some GA left for day 2.

Miami's Hard Rock Stadium has a pretty detailed seating chart. I assume P5 is $35 and P1 is $280. Not sure what the other 3 pricing points are.

I guess I am in "Wires" group since I have U2JTB code. On another note, I was getting ready to buy tickets to Coldplay and I was going to purchase (2) $220 tickets for the Miami show. When I got to the purchase page they added $105!!! facility fee on each ticket plus a svc. fee per ticket which varied too on my tickets it was going to be $42 per ticket. Not sure if all facilities are the same (this was Hard Rock Stadium - Miami - but that's just crazy and I hope U2 tickets have different facility fees - but be prepared if you plan to go to the Miami U2 show, there might be HUGE facility fees for seats...the ones I was looking at were in section 117 and you might want to choose a different venue especially if you plan to try to get tickets during the presale when time is of the essence (as most of us will be doing). You wouldn't want to get to the final page and then see huge fees added then have to start all over again with a different venue. When I checked Gillette Stadium - Boston there was NO facility fee for Coldplay (just a svc. charge of $19.50 ea., so much more affordable - at least for Coldplay). So for 2 $220 tickets in Miami the total was going to be almost $750!!! Absurd! Now noticing that there are diff. facility fees for different sections even though the base ticket price is the same, very odd...just be careful when searching for tickets for seats for Miami!

I completely forgot about the Hard Rock's facility fee - absolutely ridiculous. I'm also considering buying tickets for Coldplay in Miami, but when I first pulled up tickets that facility fee really scared me. I hope it's lower for U2, but it's most likely the same amount.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of presale tickets you can purchase? In years past presales, you could purchase 4 but I seem to recall for the I+E tour, we could only get 2 presale tix.

You can buy four tickets on the presale - what's unclear is if you can split the allotment between different shows, you were able to in North America past tours and since all shows are through Ticketmaster this time I don't see why it would be different (hoping that is the case). Europe's a different story.

Confirmed that you can split your presale tix between shows

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.)

U2 > Help

Haven`t read thru all the threads - are they doing that 'swipe your CC for GA' thing again? Thanks all, sorry I'm too lazy to try and find the info on my own

GAs should be around $75 though I haven't seen an exact price for North American gigs.

I've put what I know in the ticket section of this article, including info on the silly VIP tickets for people with more money than sense: U2 confirm their Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - U2gigs.com

Has anyone bought the VIP tickets before? What was ur experience. Iam considering the "gold hot ticket" but want some input
Can't do GA ( too short and claustrophobic!) so want to get the best seats, (rose bowl)
I bought my seats from prelate last time man dthey were pitiful , am incinled not to spend $50 for the Presale privilege

Haven`t read thru all the threads - are they doing that 'swipe your CC for GA' thing again? Thanks all, sorry I'm too lazy to try and find the info on my own

They did mention somewhere "paperless, unless otherwise noted", so I think it will be the case for GA.

Has anyone bought the VIP tickets before? What was ur experience. Iam considering the "gold hot ticket" but want some input
Can't do GA ( too short and claustrophobic!) so want to get the best seats, (rose bowl)
I bought my seats from prelate last time man dthey were pitiful , am incinled not to spend $50 for the Presale privilege

VIP should be the best seated seats. That's really the only reason to do it as the rest of the stuff with it isn't that great, normally.

The fanclub presale is best for those going GA as the vast majority of GA tix are available through the fanclub presale. The seats will be behind those going VIP.

VIP should be the best seated seats. That's really the only reason to do it as the rest of the stuff with it isn't that great, normally.

The fanclub presale is best for those going GA as the vast majority of GA tix are available through the fanclub presale. The seats will be behind those going VIP.

Thanks , I just want a great seat lol . My teenage kids are buying me the VIP ticket for Mother's Day.

They did mention somewhere "paperless, unless otherwise noted", so I think it will be the case for GA.

What does this mean? All GA tickets are paperless? I need to present the CC at time of purchase when I go to the show?

So I just signed up for a U2.com membership for the first time ever. I see on Ticketmaster it shows "U2.com Redhill Group pre-sale" as well as "Fan Club VIP access" as well as "U2.com Wires group pre-sale". Which one is which? Also the Wires group starts 1 day after the other two, I hope we're not that one.

Oh wait, figured it out:

Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am - Presales open for 'Red Hill Group' (longtime subscribers)
Thursday, Jan. 12, 9am - Presales open for 'Wires Group' (new subscribers)
Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm - Presales end
Monday, Jan. 16 & Tuesday Jan. 17 – Public on sale (start times to be annouced)

Sigh, I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot. I'm 1 day after the rest of you guys. Hoping for GA... :(

What does this mean? All GA tickets are paperless? I need to present the CC at time of purchase when I go to the show?

Well, that's how it was done for the I&E shows in 2015, so I'd assume so. I think the MSG shows were the only exception as New York has a law against it or something.

But yeah, it would be the CC situation. I took a look at the TM page for the Soldier Field show and they added this part to the top of it.

Please Note: Some locations are CREDIT CARD ENTRY only; RESTRICTIONS APPLY: CREDIT CARD USED FOR PYMT AND ID REQ'D TO ENTER; TICKET IS NON TRANSFERABLE.

• SELECT LOCATIONS are Credit Card Entry ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry.
  • Credit Card Entry tickets for this event are NON TRANSFERABLE.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND MATCHING VALID PHOTO ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

I don't remember if they did it for some of the seats as well, but I know some acts that had CC-entry for some of their seats too (Springsteen, for example).

Last edited:
Well, that's how it was done for the I&E shows in 2015, so I'd assume so. I think the MSG shows were the only exception as New York has a law against it or something.

But yeah, it would be the CC situation. I took a look at the TM page for the Soldier Field show and they added this part to the top of it.

Please Note: Some locations are CREDIT CARD ENTRY only; RESTRICTIONS APPLY: CREDIT CARD USED FOR PYMT AND ID REQ'D TO ENTER; TICKET IS NON TRANSFERABLE.

• SELECT LOCATIONS are Credit Card Entry ONLY. Please click here for more information on Credit Card Entry.
  • Credit Card Entry tickets for this event are NON TRANSFERABLE.
  • At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND MATCHING VALID PHOTO ID.
  • Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time.

I don't remember if they did it for some of the seats too, but I know some acts that had CC-entry for some of their seats too (Springsteen, for example).

Thanks for the tips. I was planning on cancelling my card next month (before annual fee kicks in), so now I'll just use my debit card :)

I wonder how people scalp on ebay in that case, esp for GA which are the most expensive usually. :hmm:

Thanks for the tips. I was planning on cancelling my card next month (before annual fee kicks in), so now I'll just use my debit card :)

I wonder how people scalp on ebay in that case, esp for GA which are the most expensive usually. :hmm:

Scalpers can buy tix with a single-use credit card and then send it to the buyer, or if they are local they can try and meet the buyer at the venue and walk them in.

I think they intersperse the best seats with fan club and general seats. They also release unsold VIP seats at some point. Last tour I got great seats (non-VIP), but better than most of the VIP seats.

Back
Top Bottom