2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it did. I just said he was a member of the family and that the media ought to say as much when reporting on this video. That they shouldn't sweep it under the rug. That's all.

You didn't say that, you're right. But you seemed to suggest that Trump's affiliation with Billy Bush 11 years ago suggests something negative for Trump, and I don't understand what that even means.

Billy Bush isn't even on the same branch of the family tree. It's just a namesake.

Nah. This will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the guy.

Yeah, and nothing short of Trump being secretly recorded talking about how he's conning his supporters with false views will actually do him in.

And to be honest, even then, his supporters might credit him for being a clever businessman who can therefore clearly handle the economy and negotiate better foreign currency exchange rates.

You didn't say that, you're right. But you seemed to suggest that Trump's affiliation with Billy Bush 11 years ago suggests something negative for Trump, and I don't understand what that even means.

Billy Bush isn't even on the same branch of the family tree. It's just a namesake.

That's not what I said either. You guys are blowing this up. All I said was that the media should state who he is, because it would be easy for them not to. That is all I meant. Nothing else.

It will.

Not a huge change, but it'll pick off more undecideds and make the ultimate margin of victory larger.

It won't change the minds of his base, but his base was already only 30% of Republican voters.

So tack on few sheep who will only vote for the R no matter how despicable their candidate is, and he'll get close to 40%.

But he's going to get Mondaled. As he should.

That's not what I said either. You guys are blowing this up. All I said was that the media should state who he is, because it would be easy for them not to. That is all I meant. Nothing else.

Then your initial post is sort of confusingly empty. You hope they don't fail to cover it... because why? What's the consequence of them not covering Billy Bush? Why is he relevant here?

Pence is gonna Pounce on that 2020 nomination!!

Keep electing religious nuts and see where it gets you!

Yeah, social conservatives have been having a tough time of it in recent years, with same-sex marriage being legalized and many people seeing the transgender bathroom laws for the idiocy they are. And their "religious freedom" laws aren't too popular with a lot of people, either. So it'll be interesting to see if they do ease up on the social issues, or continue to dig in their heels, come 2020.

Course, for all we know, there could be a whole new social/cultural topic up for debate by then, too, so...

538 just flipped Ohio and Iowa to HRC.

Yay :).

The video is bad, but I hope people don't gloss over the other guy in it sharing in the lewdness - Billy Bush. Not just a tv host, but also the nephew of President George H.W. Bush, and the cousin of President George W. Bush and Jeb Bush, who Donald ran against.

Did not know he was related to the Bush family. That explains so much.

I would say this is what will finally do Trump in, but I've said it too many times, and somehow I get the feeling that the people at the rallies who said 'Hang the bitch' and called Hillary a see-you-next-tuesday probably won't find Trump's language in that video problematic at all.

Mmhm. Already on other sites I'm seeing people shrug it off like it's nothing.

Then your initial post is sort of confusingly empty. You hope they don't fail to cover it... because why? What's the consequence of them not covering Billy Bush? Why is he relevant here?

I mean, you're right. It's not relevant. It's just after weeks and months of airtime being given to GOPers spouting their nonsense about how Hillary is bad because she enabled Bill blah blah blah, it would be mildly annoying to me if no one in the media said a word about this, and that's where that comment came from. It was off the cuff, I didn't think it would engender this response.

But end of the day, Headache is right, two wrongs don't make a right.

It's just been an endless election cycle of nonsense and when enough nonsense has been flung in your political direction you sometimes want to fling some back. But I should be better than that.

Nah, he may lose one or two self respecting women, if he has that many left. The rest will say it's rigged, chalk it up to "man talk", or scream 'Benghazi'.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, and nothing short of Trump being secretly recorded talking about how he's conning his supporters with false views will actually do him in.

It's not at all about his supporters, to whom nothing he says will make a difference.

Donald Trump has 40% of the vote. He will not get elected if he only gets 40% of the vote. Trump will not be able to get the majority of remaining undecideds to rally towards him.

It's not at all about his supporters, to whom nothing he says will make a difference.

Donald Trump has 40% of the vote. He will not get elected if he only gets 40% of the vote. Trump will not be able to get the majority of remaining undecideds to rally towards him.

Of course, but that's been the case almost since the beginning. It's the illusion and delusion that I'm talking about.

Makes you wonder what else is being held back about Trump

The closer we get to Election Day, the more he's gonna regret running. Tho not that much maybe, he'll have a book deal, movie, and speaking engagements to build him back up

It is stunning to me that a U.S. political candidate can make the following statement and there is only silence from the media and others. Two people who think they can have that much power scare the living daylights out of me.

"So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum. The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.”

Tim Kaine: “The Catholic Church Will Change Its Same-Sex Marriage Stance Or It Will Be Banned From The U.S.”

I am not a Catholic. I am a member of a small Baptist church. This statement by Kaine should scare people of all faiths or non-faith who believe in freedom.

Last edited:
It is stunning to me that a U.S. political candidate can make the following statement and there is only silence from the media and others. Two people who think they can have that much power scare the living daylights out of me.

"So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum. The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.”

Tim Kaine: “The Catholic Church Will Change Its Same-Sex Marriage Stance Or It Will Be Banned From The U.S.”

I am not a Catholic. I am a member of a small Baptist church. This statement by Kaine should scare people of all faiths or non-faith who believe in freedom.

I have looked for a LEGITIMATE news source containing that quote and can't find it. Can you?

I have looked for a LEGITIMATE news source containing that quote and can't find it. Can you?

No I could not. I did see several reports on how he thinks or hopes the Catholic Church changes their views, but not another source for the quote I posted.

I will look some more.

If the quote proves false, my apologies and I hope it teaches me to verify next time. :doh:

I think gump may somewhat be correct. There's movement - not in the supporters, but in GOP people. Utah Governor has just withdrawn support.

I forsee a huge split - fuck it, let's call it a schism - whereby Trump will continue on this path (we've only got a month to go) and the GOP will split in two - all the half-decent human beings will withdraw their support on moral, truly conservative grounds but all the Nazi Pepes, the people Hillary rightly called deplorables, will stay. Trump will get annihilated in the general election and the GOP may take years or decades to recover, if, say, a quarter of their base are deplorables who desert them to form their own movement.

I think gump may somewhat be correct. There's movement - not in the supporters, but in GOP people. Utah Governor has just withdrawn support.

I forsee a huge split - fuck it, let's call it a schism - whereby Trump will continue on this path (we've only got a month to go) and the GOP will split in two - all the half-decent human beings will withdraw their support on moral, truly conservative grounds but all the Nazi Pepes, the people Hillary rightly called deplorables, will stay. Trump will get annihilated in the general election and the GOP may take years or decades to recover, if, say, a quarter of their base are deplorables who desert them to form their own movement.

Half-decent human beings in the GOP? I don't know, man.

I'm only going by Twitter but I think gump is right. This is finally going to be the thing that ruins him.

Which is great, but also fucked given how much else has been allowed to pass.

Also you've gotta wonder how long these tapes have been sat on...

When Republicans pissed all over the substantial Latino population of California with a seriously unconstitutional proposition, they lost so much ground that they haven't recovered in at least 20 years. They're almost irrelevant here. It's nice.

64580846.jpg

I still say the low point was him going after the Khan family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom